01-02-11 03:29 AM
29 12
tools
    I'm used to Roboform but not available for Blackberry's OS6. I found "Keepass" (free) KeePass Password Safe For BlackBerry Has anyone used it? How about "Password Keeper" that is on the phone, is it good, is it free? Any recommendations for a password manager. Please post cost and links. Thank you
    12-03-10 10:47 PM
    Password Keeper works great for me.
    12-03-10 11:00 PM
    Ascendo DataVault. You can get a computer-side application (I believe there is a Mac version now) that syncs via Desktop Manager as an add-in. $30 for the BB-computer combination. Ascendo DataVault Password Manager
    12-04-10 10:35 PM
    I like the Password Keeper on the BB. Free and very easy to use. I've got about 18-20 stored. Why pay? It does what it says. That simple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 10:48 PM
    bb password keeper all the way. I've used bought apps on my iPhones and nothing is as straight forward or feels safer than the original, standard, FREE good old bb password keeper. After all-- if you're not safe on a bb, you're nor safe anywhere. lol

12-04-10 11:07 PM
    + 1 on password keeper
    12-04-10 11:12 PM
    Keepass - it's open source, and available on all mobile platforms and on the computer as well.
    12-05-10 01:38 PM
    I purchased Ascendo DataVault, but find myself mostly using the Password Keeper app that is provided with the device.
    12-05-10 02:44 PM
    I'm a big fan of eWallet by iliumsoft. I use it on my BB, iPhone, Droid, and it also syncs with my computer. It's been reliable and is user friendly.
    12-05-10 03:06 PM
    I enabled Password keeper, How do I get it to work? I entered my password, put in the URL of the site, user name & password but it won't auto fill.
    Last edited by mightymoose; 12-05-10 at 03:24 PM.
    12-05-10 03:19 PM
    The Blackberry Vault/Password keeper is not fancy but I have found nothing more straight forward, simple and better working. I keep all my passwords and credit cards and anything that needs to be kept secure. It is Fort Knox to me. You can pay for another but this is FREE!
    12-05-10 03:52 PM
    I enabled Password keeper, How do I get it to work? I entered my password, put in the URL of the site, user name & password but it won't auto fill.
    I don't think Password Keeper autofills stuff.

I'm pretty sure you have to open it and get the stuff you want and then go out of it and paste the info into what you want to paste it into.
    12-05-10 04:15 PM
    I always used Datavault by Ascendo in the past, however since RIM changed their Password Keeper to allow the fields to be renamed (years ago), I deleted Datavault and use nothing but Password Keeper. I currently have 90 entries and it works great.
    12-05-10 05:03 PM
    I too use passward keeper but I also use Lock Apps (4.99) I create memos and I can use Lock Apps to secure them.

12-05-10 05:15 PM
    I'm used to Roboform but not available for Blackberry's OS6. I found "Keepass" (free) KeePass Password Safe For BlackBerry Has anyone used it? How about "Password Keeper" that is on the phone, is it good, is it free? Any recommendations for a password manager. Please post cost and links. Thank you
    I use keepass on the desktop sync with the BB and run my keepass db in my dropbox.

My passwords are with me everywhere.

Never had a moments issue with it.

12-05-10 05:38 PM
    I use keepass on the desktop sync with the BB and run my keepass db in my dropbox.

My passwords are with me everywhere.

Never had a moments issue with it.

Oh hey, that's clever. I use Datavault but I'll move the data file to Dropbox too. Good one. Thanks!
    12-05-10 06:26 PM
    Cheers Mate.

12-05-10 06:45 PM
    Oh hey, that's clever. I use Datavault but I'll move the data file to Dropbox too. Good one. Thanks!
    That's what I do. That way my work and home computers always have access to the latest DataVault DB.
    12-05-10 10:33 PM
    How secure is Password Keeper?
    12-30-10 01:13 PM
    If you want it to autofill, use BlackBerry Wallet BlackBerry - BlackBerry Wallet
    I'm not sure how good it works but it's free. I just started using it...
    12-30-10 02:30 PM
    Thank you, I'll try it.
    12-30-10 05:22 PM
    I use DataVault by Ascendo. It allows you to have a desktop version synced with the Blackberry version. I have a copy on my main computer, laptop and netbook.
    12-30-10 06:35 PM
    +1 for BB Password Keeper. I use it. It works Great!

12-30-10 07:00 PM
    If you want it to autofill, use BlackBerry Wallet BlackBerry - BlackBerry Wallet
    I'm not sure how good it works but it's free. I just started using it...
    This looks good, thanks I'm going to try it out.

12-30-10 07:41 PM

Only bad about password keeper is you cant export it to some other file.
    Rest its enough and you wont need any other 3rd party app.
    12-30-10 11:09 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD