Has anyone had a prompt to update their orange branded 9780 to OS 6.0.0.448? I have just had this notification but nothing is listed on oranges website like a change log.
    03-08-11 02:14 PM
    Probably fine if its being offered through DM mate.

How you finding Orange UK for data at the moment ?

I switched my personal line to them and they are utter sh** at the moment !

Hoping they get their BIS service sorted ASAP as there's hardly a point having a BB with them.
    03-08-11 02:28 PM
    Its fine for data for me I get great coverage compared to say O2. Their BIS service is working fine for me atm.
    03-08-11 02:34 PM
    You in the London area ?
    03-08-11 02:37 PM
    3 S***s..
    vodafone is a BB joke..
    03-08-11 09:40 PM
    Nah I live in the north east. Must be because of the large amount of users in London.
    03-09-11 12:01 PM
    Dont diss o2!.. they've given me a good service over the years.

3 is just pure crap.. their CS never listen to what your saying but guess what they think your saying, their network is crap too... i bought a phone for my dad, it kept dropping the call after 30 seconds so took it back to the shop to return and the guys was shocked his colleague sold me the phone as the network is rather poor in my area (i'm in London)
    Last edited by samosa; 03-09-11 at 10:27 PM.
    03-09-11 10:24 PM
    I hate having my personal line with the company I work for but I'm probably going to take it back to Vodafone.

And as the guys at Orange don't see any sort of data as a guaranteed service I'm gonna have to pay handsomely to get my number released, terrific.

I think it might only be a London issue + a BIS issue. Have a few friends that work in the network department of Orange as we all somehow know each other across all the networks and there are ongoing BIS connectivity issues not just with Orange but across most UK providers at the moment. Hence why you might see the blackberry logo drop off the 3G or the GPRS go small a lot over the past week.

That coupled with the fact that Orange are merging their 3G network with T-Mobile and now 3 PLUS their network is totally over saturated (confirmed by network dudes also) is just combining into one of the worst data experiences I've had on any network in years.

Looks like its time to take my personal line home to Vodafone !
    03-11-11 09:23 PM
    I don't like vodafone as their 3G coverage is one of the worst of the lot. They have amazing 3G speeds though.
    03-16-11 02:50 PM
    I don't like vodafone as their 3G coverage is one of the worst of the lot. They have amazing 3G speeds though.
    It's fine where I am, except inside my house... but that's what Sure Signal is for

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD