07-12-17 02:27 AM
42 12
tools
    on my bold 9780 this "solution" only caused the white screen problem to get worse.
    06-17-13 07:15 AM
    lol..magic touch, the common solution to every problem
    The lcd of blackberry bold 9780 on ebay is same as the quality of new original blackberry bold 9780 or some what inferior . Please tell me my phone screen get white.and its out of warrenty.
    07-05-13 03:10 PM
    Being the recent victim of White Screen problem,
    Yes!! This time again The MagicTouch did the trick & fixed the screen back to life.
    LOL
    Thankz indeed for your tips'n trick..
    07-24-13 04:47 AM
    Being the recent victim of White Screen problem,
    Yes!! This time again The MagicTouch did the trick & fixed the screen back to life.
    LOL
    Thankz indeed for your tips'n trick..
    Magic healing hands... Next you can move on to healing the sick...
    07-24-13 04:58 AM
    hey umm can yall help me out here i got a torch 9850 and it shows a white screen after booting up about 70 percent
    09-08-13 02:13 PM
    Torch 9850 is a different forum over there ----->

But the general ideas are probably the same. What happens when you connect the phone to a PC? Can you see it with Blackberry Desktop Manager? If yes, backup and reinstall the OS. Then go through the apps and upgrade any. Maybe even consider upgrade the OS.

I'd also check the memory card and internal reader is clean. Maybe a test boot without that memory card in to make sure it is not causing any issues.
    09-09-13 04:26 AM
    Hello! I just wanted to share my own experience with the white screen problem on my Bold 9780. I had also found the same solution as the OP, but after it worked a couple of times, in the end the screen seemed to be completely dead, so I moved on to the Q10. But recently I bought the Playbook, and since I read that BB Bridge works better with the older phones, I tried to revive my screen, but no matter how many times I tried the trick again, it just wouldn't turn on. Until I started "massaging" the screen today... I kept rubbing my thumbs over the entire screen, pressing hard especially in the bottom corners and dragging my thumbs all over the screen. Suddenly my screen turned on! It was back to normal! However, I don't remember my password anymore... But since I had already transferred everything to my new phone, it shouldn't matter if everything gets wiped, but I'm on my last try, and I've decided to just wait a bit; maybe the correct password will suddenly hit me. I didn't dare to lock the screen, though; I was too afraid that it wouldn't come back on, but in the end I pressed the lock on anyway, and quickly pressed it off again, and to my relief the screen was still working. So anyway, I hope massaging the screen will work for others as well.
    09-17-13 03:06 AM
    Well, never mind... I lost my screen again... And no amount of massaging seems to be working now...
    09-17-13 03:39 AM
    ...And it's working again... Right after I posted that it wasn't working, I was going to check it once more before turning in for the night, and low and behold, there was my screen again, right on the final password try. I concluded that after massaging it, you should just let the screen go into sleep mode, and then when you press the tracker again to wake it up, the screen comes back. That's how it actually happened the first time as well.
    09-17-13 11:10 AM
    i turned my BB on an it came on a white screen saying "App Error" ,then at the bottom of that it says reset so i reset it but went back to the same screen it kept doing an doing.....i did pull outs but no success
    04-24-14 04:55 PM
    this morning and some of the afternoon my phone worked fine but now it turns on with a white screen and nothing works to turn it on anybody know whats going on ??
    07-10-14 09:35 AM
    The only way you can fix the white screen problem is to get a new lcd panel, which you can find on amazon and ebay for $25-30. It's the only way to permanently and reliably get rid of the issue, unless it's a software problem. In that case do a wipe and restore and see if that'll fix it.
    07-20-14 02:08 AM
    Thanks ChemB, my screen stayed white after I left it next to a discharging CO2 pump in my bike bag (v cold). I tried battery-out, banging it, etc, and was on the point of throwing my trusty Bold in the bin and defecting to iphone when I found your tip and it worked first time! I have yet to see how long it lasts but so far so good.
    07-20-14 09:24 AM
    My BB 9650 screen started shaking furiosly den after it becomes white pls what can i do?
    09-29-14 11:37 PM
    it worked 4 me there i was looking 4 a way to sort this white screen out, i thought the worst this phone is dead, i tried youtube, then i just did a Google search 4 a read up instead of a video showing some other persons success , the part when u said keep on trying and i was and just when i lost all hope HEY it works!! thQ
    03-30-15 07:39 AM
    Hello I have a blackberry priv and half my screen is white all the time.
    How do i fix this
    02-03-17 01:33 AM
    Hardware problem

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 02:27 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD