04-08-10 08:14 PM
34 12
tools
    Have been asking for theme &nobody eva comebk to me its look like theme makers just ignore me &the othhers .They create what they like &dnt give s**t for requests.:-(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 01:56 AM
    The guys and gals who make these themes do it if their own free will and generously share their results.Its their own time and effort that they put in to it and with a posting like you've put above I would doubt very much if anyone would respond to your request. It costs nothing to be polite.
    04-01-10 05:59 AM
    The guys and gals who make these themes do it if their own free will and generously share their results.Its their own time and effort that they put in to it and with a posting like you've put above I would doubt very much if anyone would respond to your request. It costs nothing to be polite.
    +1
    In addition, do you think you are the only person sending requests/comments to the theme developers? There are a lot of users that they so generously share their themes with, and I'm sure they get tons of correspondence about their themes. I don't understand why anyone would feel entitled to a response.
    04-01-10 06:09 AM
    youre not helping your cause by posting the way you have
    04-01-10 07:06 AM
    @pilsbury I think you do not understand the concept of sharing a theme or realize how much time it takes to make one. You are begging and you complain nobody's answering. They don;t have to. This is a forum, people talk IF they feel like it. You can always buy a theme and you'll be listened to.
    04-01-10 08:05 AM
    To the OP.

Just tossing this out there. I make themes for fun, and toss them up in the forums for free for all to enjoy. I get requests for custom themes too, and most are quite reasonable and can be accomplished in a reasonable amount of time. By reasonable, I mean a few hours of my own time.

Three things you should consider. One, most theme devs ask for a donation for their time making you your very own custom theme, due to the aforementioned hours required. Two, a lot of them are leery of accepting requests from new people, as they have been burned in the past (I for one have had my two most recent skip out on the promised donation). Three, as has already been pointed out, if you were to PM me with a request using the tone you just used to post, I wouldn't be likely to feel like helping you out either.

You catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar. Just sayin.
    Last edited by michaelwpg; 04-01-10 at 09:02 AM. Reason: spelling
    04-01-10 09:01 AM
    With a post like that one, I am sure all the theme developers will be delighted to make something for you. NOT!!!
    04-01-10 09:02 AM
    Yhyh for sure eighty

04-01-10 10:36 AM
    I'am not the only one who send request but tht theme its still waiting to be done .I was searching everywhere for it .Just fed up .Sorry if I upset any theme designer.

04-01-10 10:43 AM
    if you want a theme THAT badly, then download the theme maker and do it yourself. They're probably not ignoring you, they have lives too that keep them from browsing Crackberry for EVERY theme request that pops up.

And posting what you did, the way you did definitely wasn't the best move. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    04-01-10 10:54 AM
    Where I can get theme maker app?Can I have link please?

04-01-10 11:10 AM
    04-01-10 11:11 AM
    Omg its to complicated CBA I'am just a hard working Englishman.

04-01-10 11:59 AM
    Now you're beginning to understand.

Theming (at least doing it well) isn't necessarily an easy thing to do. Add to that the number of requests a dev might get in a given day, and it gets to be a little more understandable why it might take a while to get to all of them, n'est-ce pas?
    04-01-10 12:04 PM
    Mate can u be able to help me with tht?Please.

04-01-10 12:13 PM
    Mate can u be able to help me with tht?Please.

Fire me a PM with what you're looking for, and I'll see if I can put something together for you over the long weekend.
    04-01-10 12:14 PM
    Nice one.I whould like to have Aston Villa FC theme nothing special just do ur best.CHEeRS

04-01-10 12:19 PM
    if you want a theme THAT badly, then download the theme maker and do it yourself. They're probably not ignoring you, they have lives too that keep them from browsing Crackberry for EVERY theme request that pops up...
    Bingo! I can barely make the time to theme for myself and bug fix let alone try to make the 15k variations that come in. I can understand being upset if you buy a theme, but not if someone is giving it away.

04-01-10 12:22 PM
    Nice one.I whould like to have Aston Villa FC theme nothing special just do ur best.CHEeRS

Why not just change your wallpaper to an Aston Villa? Do you really need a whole theme?
    04-01-10 12:27 PM
    Yhyh pleeaassssee.there is plenty of arsenal,chelsea themeS have look m8 .Wallpaper I had alrdy with hero theme .U can use clar.-blue colors u know wat I mean.Greatly appreciate it.

04-01-10 12:59 PM
    Oh, I see. You could ask the creator of the Man U and Arsenal themes nicely to change the colors and wallpapers of his existing theme to your team's. A donation goes a long way too. Themes are fairly time consuming to produce.
    04-01-10 01:11 PM
    Oh, I see. You could ask the creator of the Man U and Arsenal themes nicely to change the colors and wallpapers of his existing theme to your team's. A donation goes a long way too. Themes are fairly time consuming to produce.

Aye I may donate if tht will be worth it .

04-01-10 01:43 PM
    Fire me a PM with what you're looking for, and I'll see if I can put something together for you over the long weekend.
    Michael wat u think u can handle this challenge LOL. =>

04-01-10 01:51 PM
    I'am just a hard working Englishman...
    ...then please speak English and stop embarrassing the rest of us

04-01-10 02:08 PM
    ...then please speak English and stop embarrassing the rest of us

Embarrassing who?

04-01-10 02:13 PM