Hey everyone! I've been working on a theme and I was seeing if anyone would like to test and give me feedback. This theme is very premature and is for OS 5.

* the overall purpose of this theme was to create something that is simple (not minimal) to use while providing some aesthetic appeal. All icons and color are kept original because I often find unfamiliar icons and color schemes hard to work around. This theme was inspired in my own preferences of how I would like my theme to be. There's a lot of more work to be put into the final product.

Features:

* Calendar today

* Messages icon (does not show subentries) - keeps privacy, and functions as a shortcut when messages are received

* weather slot - could also be sound profile slot - whatever you would like it to be

* hidden dock, custom made slide up transitions to simulate a wave effect

* shortcuts - will be added into final product

**Work to be done**
    - custom transparency
    - overlays, possibly glass
    - shortcuts
    - touchups
    - possibly theme a couple icons, ex. messages, browser
    - PINK VERSION!

The final product of this theme will be listed on the app store using everyone's feedback. If you like this theme and happen to use it everyday, please let me know what you would like to see included in this theme. Also if you find that this is the theme for you, please consider donating. Anyone that donates will be emailed a link to the final version once complete (don't forget to leave your email). Thank you and I hope to hear from you guys

Donate

Screenshots:

OTA:
    MyBBOTA.com OTA Download

May need a reboot on install.
    Last edited by p3te; 03-08-10 at 03:41 PM.
    03-08-10 03:19 PM
    You should make fonts user's customisable.
    Other than that, looking good
    03-08-10 04:02 PM
    Thanks I will definitely look into that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 04:46 PM
    Great job and thanks for sharing. Couple of things I noticed so far on my Tour OS 5.0
    1) You can't see the icons in the profile menu unless you scroll and highlight it.
    2) The whole bottom dock along with the customizable app on the upper right hand slot bounces when you scroll sideways. Strangely enough, sometimes it does not bounce. It's 50/50.
    That's about it so far.

03-08-10 05:09 PM
    +1 on the funky icon jump. As reported it is sporadic. Fix that and you have a winner. Thanks

03-08-10 05:36 PM
    Roger. Will work on that. Might have to take out the hidden dock feature.

03-08-10 06:07 PM
    Personally I would prefer a non hidden dock. With the info displayed in the screen imho there is no need to hide it. At least with the version I DLed I would not call this wallpaper friendly.

03-08-10 06:46 PM
    Roger. Will work on that. Might have to take out the hidden dock feature.

03-08-10 06:56 PM
    First off this is a very nice theme. I love the black app screen and the translucent blue highlights. Having a permanent today with mini icons is great, however I would prefer a stationary dock and weather slot, with the weather in the upper right corner.
    The jumpy bouncy icons are very sporadic and not fluid. That is the only thing I could see that would prevent me from using this theme daily. Also app names that are long are cutoff for ex bb messenger. with a fixed dock and shortcuts for QL and SMS you will have yourself one super awesome theme!
    Just my two cents

03-08-10 08:44 PM
    Thought I'd share a pic of my screen...thanks for this theme

Last edited by Iluvbb; 03-08-10 at 09:32 PM.
    03-08-10 09:24 PM
    Gr8 stuff. Nice concept. Always wanted something like this. However apart from the things mentioned above I have another strange problem. The icon for the app on the right side top is proper when I am on the bottom dock but falls down a few notches once I go to the calender or message section.
    Can you plzzzz fix these I really need this theme real bad.

03-08-10 09:42 PM
    Thanks to everyone's feedback so far. There's a lot of things that I have fixed!

*smooth fluid transitions, no more sporadic jumps!
    *the weather slot now stays in the upper right hand corner
    *adjusted length of status text to be longer, at least enough to fit "blackberry messenger" as requested

The homescreen is pretty much set, but there are still a couple of issues that I wanted to ask you guys.

*Hidden today version to be more wallpaper friendly?
    *Non-hidden dock version?
    *Somebody mentioned user-defined fonts? Could someone point me in the direction of how to do that?
    *What shortcuts would you guys like to be assigned to the theme, and what keys?
    *What other color schemes besides translucent blue?

If more people could test this out, and give some feedback that would be great. The OTA posted is pretty much the overall concept. The final version has all of the fixes.
    03-09-10 03:55 AM
    Please assign spacebar for QL, $ for SMS, R for clock, and Z for music would be great!
    I like the idea of a non hidden dock. And maybe the today font could be a smidge bigger or outlined in black for more visibility with lighter walls.
    Other colors: translucent black and something for the ladies, pink or purple

So when can we expect the final version, and how much will it be?
    03-09-10 08:38 AM
    i think it'd also be dope with some custom icons... i dunno about everyone else, but the icons are one of the first things i check out on a theme, i usually go more for ones that dont use the stock icons.
    03-09-10 03:55 PM
    good stuff!
    03-09-10 04:09 PM
    Thanks to everyone's feedback so far. There's a lot of things that I have fixed!

*smooth fluid transitions, no more sporadic jumps!
    *the weather slot now stays in the upper right hand corner
    *adjusted length of status text to be longer, at least enough to fit "blackberry messenger" as requested

The homescreen is pretty much set, but there are still a couple of issues that I wanted to ask you guys.

*Hidden today version to be more wallpaper friendly?
    *Non-hidden dock version?
    *Somebody mentioned user-defined fonts? Could someone point me in the direction of how to do that?
    *What shortcuts would you guys like to be assigned to the theme, and what keys?
    *What other color schemes besides translucent blue?

If more people could test this out, and give some feedback that would be great. The OTA posted is pretty much the overall concept. The final version has all of the fixes.
    I am afraid the weather slot does not stay up there.it stays up only till the time i am on the bottom dock. the moment i scroll to messages or calender the icon on the right side top falls down and is seen over the calender item.
    03-10-10 01:07 AM
    Any word on the final version yet? Really would like to have a working version of this theme. Thanks
    03-14-10 04:21 PM
    Yo this theme is the ****!. Best one ive used , i do agree with everyone else saying to take out the jumping icons. I think the font fits the theme , only that in some cases it is too big like when u go into camera settings etc. As for everything else i cant wait till **** is done!
    03-14-10 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD