When I got my 9700 a month ago, I was dissapointed to see that it only came with one factory loaded theme (Percision Zen).

A 'Today' Theme is a must for me, so I found a few that I liked, used one for a while, but I also have been having battery performance issues. So I figured if a downloaded theme was contributing to the battery issue, I would just go back to what came with the phone. Well, I can't stand it... I have to have my Today theme.

Why didn't the 9700 come with any theme other than the Percision Zen? Or am I beeing a total noob and missing something?

Thanks!
    01-05-10 03:32 PM
    your not being a total newb all of the new bb's dont come with a today theme
    01-05-10 03:33 PM
    i am fairly certain themes have nothing to contribute to battery drain.
    01-05-10 03:37 PM
    from the app screen, press the blackbery button, then select options. then select layout and change to today.
    01-05-10 03:48 PM
    from the app screen, press the blackbery button, then select options. then select layout and change to today.
    Well, look at you, all helpful and stuff!!!! :-D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 04:02 PM
    doh! that was just too easy...

Thanks for the help kelvinlin!

And what about third party themes draining battery life... is that not true?
    01-05-10 04:04 PM

Some 3rd party apps will definitely drain your battery. The best thing to do is to make sure that you are fully exiting them (click the menu button and then exit or close) when you're not using them so they're not just running in the background and sucking up resources unnecessarily.
    01-05-10 04:32 PM
    Some 3rd party apps will definitely drain your battery. The best thing to do is to make sure that you are fully exiting them (click the menu button and then exit or close) when you're not using them so they're not just running in the background and sucking up resources unnecessarily.
    But he's asking about themes. And I can't see any reason one theme would drain life more than another.

01-05-10 05:49 PM

Some 3rd party themes can drain your battery more than others. I have tried many 3rd party themes and as much as it is nice at the beginning, i always end up coming back to stock theme, especially now you have both zen and today layouts with stock.
    01-05-10 06:32 PM
    I am very curious as to how themes can affect battery life given that they run off the same template, and most importantly do not run any different processes. If I am wrong someone can just show me, but I just don't see how a theme can drain your battery more.

01-05-10 07:48 PM
    I am very curious as to how themes can affect battery life given that they run off the same template, and most importantly do not run any different processes. If I am wrong someone can just show me, but I just don't see how a theme can drain your battery more.

You're right, dont know where my head is sometimes, different themes can cause memory leaks more than others but battery life... hmm wouldn't think so.
    01-05-10 07:56 PM
    But he's asking about themes. And I can't see any reason one theme would drain life more than another.

I'm pretty sure some can, especially an animated theme such as this one.
    01-05-10 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD