man this threads heating up lol
    01-26-10 11:02 AM
    OK, if on the one day that I was home playing with my phone and buying themes I would have called you and said "Hey! I found this great theme in App World! It's called Vintage Hearts and it's $5.00!!!" and you had said "Wait, I have that very same theme and I can send it to you free!!!" I would have said "GREAT!!!!" and then waited for it.

I'm not advocating for premium themes. I'm simply saying that I get what I like.

If someone is creative enough to do something that I can't do, I personally take no offense in paying for it. If they want to copy it and send them to me, great!!!

So....do any of you have that Zen frog that's in App World? 'Cuz I'm getting that one next. So, if you have it, great. Let me know where to get it free, otherwise I will get it if it's available for the 9700.
    01-26-10 11:04 AM
    man this threads heating up lol
    Nah! Not for me...I'm just trying to explain myself.

Although I wonder why...
    01-26-10 11:05 AM

Although I wonder why...
    +1 i don't fight over the internet.... pointless and useless... it really won't matter in a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 11:19 AM
    OK, if on the one day that I was home playing with my phone and buying themes I would have called you and said "Hey! I found this great theme in App World! It's called Vintage Hearts and it's $5.00!!!" and you had said "Wait, I have that very same theme and I can send it to you free!!!" I would have said "GREAT!!!!" and then waited for it.

I'm not advocating for premium themes. I'm simply saying that I get what I like.

If someone is creative enough to do something that I can't do, I personally take no offense in paying for it. If they want to copy it and send them to me, great!!!

So....do any of you have that Zen frog that's in App World? 'Cuz I'm getting that one next. So, if you have it, great. Let me know where to get it free, otherwise I will get it if it's available for the 9700.
    I'm not talking about coping the files. uploading them to googles web hosting and you downloading em... I'm talking someone taking the time, finding the icons and rebuilding the prem-o but for free

01-26-10 11:21 AM

I don't have a Zen frog, but i do have a (maybe a lil late) Polar Express theme with Pretty animated falling snow and flashing lights!!! lol

Although I wonder why...

And not for me either. I do feel passionate about my themes but only in the aspect that i don't want anyone to discount me or any other Free themer who spends their time to provide free themes. I provide free themes because it my way of giving back to the BlackBerry Community. Cause let me tell you, I could very much use the extra cash made from selling themes to help pay for my 2 young boys childcare, but i thought i'd share my first couple themes with the community that helped me learn about Blackberrys and theme building and from there, i personally feel that the reward i feel in sharing is greater then any monitory gain i could make... and at looking at my download numbers from yesterday alone (my windows 7 theme was downloaded by 160 different people thanks to it being the Free theme of the week).... That'd a been a nice chunk of change.

But, I really have absolutely NO issues with Pay themes. There are GREAT themes for sale here at the Crackberry store and in App World. But... the question from the OP is What makes a theme Premium and the answer to that question is Nothing.
    01-26-10 11:24 AM
    that's not the point mrT is getting at...

for example there is a Windows 7 theme that is 100% free and works flawlessly on my 9700. but there is a paid vesion. that is exactly the same as the free.

So why would i pay 5.00 for the prem-o when i can get the free one for $0.00

I don't think the point is weather or not to get a free version versus a paid version.

What I think the point here is, is that some people don't see why they should HAVE TO PAY for a theme IN GENERAL (regardless of weather a free version of the same theme exists or not) where as some people simply DON'T CARE that a theme may cost money or not. And all of this is related to the point you are making. All themes are made using the same software.

Now I can understand why someone who has invested their free time into creating a theme would WANT some sort of compensation for their hard work. And that is where DONATING comes into play rather than just ALWAYS paying for the theme. Which is where I stand. I don't think I should HAVE to pay for a theme. I would be much more inclined to DONATE, because if I pay for a theme and I don't end up liking it once I have used it (viewing screen shots is not the same as actually USING a theme) then I've wasted my $
    01-26-10 11:24 AM
    Aaaaawww, see, where were you during Christmas??? I hadn't met you!!!

No Zen frog...OK, I'll check out the link you have.

***EDIT: you're right...no Zen frog. OK, hit me up with this....here's an idea...it's something I want but I can't have because it's not for the 9700 and I don't know how to do it. I'm just not that creative.

A Peace sign, with psychedelic colors. The icons are in that funny 70's script...and the cursor is the V-shaped peace sign people flashed in the 60s....

There is something similar in App World but it doesn't work for the 9700. So I can't get it. Here it is.

BlackBerry App World - Psychadelic Groove Theme with Tone
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 01-26-10 at 01:34 PM.
    01-26-10 01:20 PM
    This is in from section me lovey.

Anyway, i personally wouldnt buy a theme.

No im not tight fisted. Any skint person isnt tight fisted haha.

Just im very changy' if i download a theme within a hour it will be back to my default. I dont know why i do it i just do.

Although alot of credit to those creaters who make the themes.

Dont quote me on this, but i see a lot of premium themes on here, that have taken months. With peoper teasers and sometimes even beta testing just to make sure the theme is in good working order for the phone.

~Joe
    I totally agree with you. I would change themes often because I feel none of them perfectly fit what I'd want in the theme lol
    01-26-10 01:42 PM
    I've bought a couple of themes. The one I ended up liking the most is free, but I gave the maker ten bucks to customize a few things so it's perfect for me.

If you like it, buy it. If it's free, donate to the maker. If you're cheap or broke, then don't donate. If you're not into different themes, don't get one. What's the debate?
    Last edited by stranger99; 01-26-10 at 02:16 PM.
    01-26-10 01:57 PM
    I see no sense in buying a theme. I would much rather donate to a theme maker than pay $6+ for a theme. That's just ridiculous.
    I totally agree with this. some of the best themes I've gotten have been free. I do have my eye on one paid theme though, I may pull the trigger.
    01-26-10 03:06 PM
    What do you mean a theme maker?
    OMG where did you get the cute girlie themes at *hands on face* do tell! I am a THEME freak I have 8 NOW! and only had my phone for 2 weeks lol that's umm 4 a week!
    01-26-10 03:22 PM
    It's mad real in the themer field.
    01-26-10 03:43 PM
    OMG where did you get the cute girlie themes at *hands on face* do tell! I am a THEME freak I have 8 NOW! and only had my phone for 2 weeks lol that's umm 4 a week!
    App World!!!!! OMG, they are sooooo girly!!!!
    I'm in the arena, give me 'bout an hour to finish working these guys and I'll post them.
    01-26-10 04:51 PM
    I've noticed that several free ones have memory leaks and aren't quite as put together and have some small glitches. Usually premium ones are a little nicer if you buy from a good developer.
    I have to disagree with that comment, while there is some pay themes that are very well made, I've found the free themes better. I also noticed that the people who make the free themes provide better support and are willing to make tweaks and changes. I for quite some time have told many I prefer the free themes over the pay ones. Check out the free themes threads and see how many developers listen to us here and use our ideas. It helps them become better developers....
    01-26-10 05:00 PM
    App World!!!!! OMG, they are sooooo girly!!!!
    I'm in the arena, give me 'bout an hour to finish working these guys and I'll post them.
    Yipppeeeeeeeee girl I will be waiting!! I see this one over here called Tranquil Garden it's so pretty I love the Elecite website BlackBerry Themes - Elecite

I bought the Halcyon one it took some time getting used to it but it's really nice.

I have free ones and I bought alot of ones too. I can appreciate those that said we should support the makers to by giving them donations and im down for that as well. I just say GIVE me more!
    01-26-10 05:06 PM
    If I figure I'll get use / enjoyment out of something then it's worth my coin: be that music, movies or themes. If someone has spent time putting an original work together and it meets my needs then they'll get my coin... if they require payment or ask for donations.

Its a simple time/effort/needs equation.

I've paid for themes where free one's just weren't exacting enough for me, and where a money-requiring developer has taken the time to make homescreens and lock screens exactly match (time/dates, meters and icons that wobble about do my head in!). If there are free really polished themes that meet my obsession for detail then I'll donate, otherwise I'll pay if one such theme is spot on.

There are some amazingly talented theme creators on here, but equally there are some **** ugly, rough themes... enough free and enough not.

Premium is a measure of quality, not cost: it's just the case that some folks confuse it with price tag.
    01-26-10 05:15 PM
    Yipppeeeeeeeee girl I will be waiting!! I see this one over here called Tranquil Garden it's so pretty I love the Elecite website BlackBerry Themes - Elecite

I bought the Halcyon one it took some time getting used to it but it's really nice.

I have free ones and I bought alot of ones too. I can appreciate those that said we should support the makers to by giving them donations and im down for that as well. I just say GIVE me more!
    Sorry I took so long! When a stallion picks a fight you can't let him go or you will never ride him again because he will think he got away with something!

Here you go...

BlackBerry App World - Winter Snowmen with Animated Snow

BlackBerry App World - Vintage Hearts Theme

BlackBerry App World - Funky Butterfly - Animated Theme

BlackBerry App World - Whimsical Woman

BlackBerry App World - Zen Frog - Animated Theme

BlackBerry App World - Butterflies and Cupcakes - Animated Theme

I have them all except for the Zen frog. That's next, I think. Unless something else catches my eye.

Enjoy!!!
    01-26-10 11:09 PM
    Sorry I took so long! When a stallion picks a fight you can't let him go or you will never ride him again because he will think he got away with something!

Here you go...

BlackBerry App World - Winter Snowmen with Animated Snow

BlackBerry App World - Vintage Hearts Theme

BlackBerry App World - Funky Butterfly - Animated Theme

BlackBerry App World - Whimsical Woman

BlackBerry App World - Zen Frog - Animated Theme

BlackBerry App World - Butterflies and Cupcakes - Animated Theme

I have them all except for the Zen frog. That's next, I think. Unless something else catches my eye.

Enjoy!!!
    OMG your the BEST!! YOU also have good taste too are we related some how? lol I love those too,

NOW look what I found in the Theme forums HERE! I am so in LOVE with it I might not buy anymore! Yes I said it lol

http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/be...9700-a-396646/

It's so beautiful, crisp, clear, GORGEOUS and it was FREE have you been on the 9700 thread? I am in AWE GO there NOW asap!
    Last edited by Msvoluptous; 01-27-10 at 03:47 AM.
    01-27-10 03:35 AM
    LOL!!! God I love your energy!!!! Yeah, we must be related! Can you imagine the two of us on Starbucks?!!?

I'll hit the site...like, NOW!!!!

OMG!!! That is GORGEOUS!!! You got it? Is it buggy at all?!? COVETING!!!!
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 01-27-10 at 06:02 AM.
    01-27-10 05:55 AM
    LOL!!! God I love your energy!!!! Yeah, we must be related! Can you imagine the two of us on Starbucks?!!?

I'll hit the site...like, NOW!!!!

OMG!!! That is GORGEOUS!!! You got it? Is it buggy at all?!? COVETING!!!!
    Girlll did you like it?? I love it and bugy? NOPE I haven't had any issues with it I downloaded it last night and it runs FAST and works and runs like butter lol. I LOVE Starbucks they only have 2 around here where im living at now (I used to work there when I lived in Cali). They have a GAZILLION DD I say you can have coffee at home for free! lol No I love YOUR energy and SPUNK too hold it down for the ladies! lol We would be bouncing off the walls! lol
    01-27-10 06:10 AM
    We'd drive everybody NUTS!!!! (I can see all the boys rolling their eyes now!). LOL!!!

Well, my Mum reared me on Cuban coffee with a lot of sugar and milk, together with Irish soda bread and butter. Had that every morning growing up, so I've been on caffeine since I was off the bottle!!! Whereabouts in CA did you live? I lived in Brentwood when I was in L.A. And then the high desert.

Well, now that you said it's not buggy I'll download it. Do you have a weather app? I have Weatherbug. There are two versions, so I'm wondering which one I should get.

01-27-10 06:19 AM
    GOT IT!!!!! It is GORGEOUS!!! Got the weather with hidden today screen one.

I love rain and I love green, so this is PERFECT!!! I just noticed the cursor is now green! Cute!!!
    Now comes the only part that's a pain after a new theme.....arranging everything.
    Love the whole look and feel, and the icons. VERY well done!

THANK YOU for posting it!

01-27-10 06:39 AM
    GOT IT!!!!! It is GORGEOUS!!! Got the weather with hidden today screen one.

I love rain and I love green, so this is PERFECT!!! I just noticed the cursor is now green! Cute!!!
    Now comes the only part that's a pain after a new theme.....arranging everything.
    Love the whole look and feel, and the icons. VERY well done!

THANK YOU for posting it!

Hola Chica! lol I'm from Oakland the Yay Area! I added you as a friend on here too. I Downloaded the weather one as well. Isn't it peaceful? I asked him if he could make more for the 9700 on his page. I couldn't believe it was free. I'm glad you liked it. Ugggh I know I hate to re add all the icons all over again.

I feel you on the Caffeine, I work in a restaurant were we all cook and make drink and I drink 4 espresso shots a day lol. I think we may have found our calling on Berry theme section lol *two snaps up*

You are more then welcome I just had to pass on the love and Thank you for posting all those cool girlie themes too
    Last edited by Msvoluptous; 01-27-10 at 06:53 AM.
    01-27-10 06:49 AM
    Yah, you know - we may just be soul mates!

I LOVE the Bay area. Do you know Novato? Ever been to the Renaissance Faire? I did Faire in the 90s, down in Agoura and then later in Devore. I used to drive from L.A. to Novato to do Faire on the off season down South. It was a BLAST!!! I love the Bay area. It's just sooo expensive.

I feel ya about the cooking and drinking thing....I worked at the student union cafeterias when I was at UCLA. They used to give us a stipend for meals if you worked the cafeteria, so...you know...starving student and all that...I bought bagels and pretty much lived off them for most of the week.

Aaaahhh.....youth!!! It's a b!tch when you grow up!!!
    01-27-10 08:24 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD