Hey users at cb, I'm in need of ideas for my theme, just wondering what you guys look for ina theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 03:40 PM
    I for one like crisp clean vibrant colors----flowers (pink and orange) are always great. I like zen theme. I do not like today themes. I also like to customize the home screen and crisp clean transparent icons.
    07-06-10 05:51 PM
    I like a weather slot. Fonts that are readable (not teeny tiny). Hidden bottom dock with crisp clean icons. Nice highlight color on the icon. Small thin clear top banner!!
    07-06-10 06:35 PM
    - wallpaper-friendly
    - custom, sharp icons to match the sharpness of the 9700's resolution (precision icons are just... blah at this point)
    - user-defined fonts (because some people tend to like large fonts, while some - myself included - like smaller fonts)
    - neutral app menu backgrounds
    - neutral call screens without overlapping text
    - easy navigation for themes with a lot going on
    - little to NO lag

aside from those things, i think its just all about innovation... all of the more popular themes recently have just been a far departure from something expected to see on a Blackberry screen (i.e. Brisk by Rose_MMDesign, the Frozen Yogurt/Series 7 themes by VincethePrince, the RealHD and HTC HD2 themes, etc. most themes from Elecite and HedoneDigital).... they all have their own freshness or a 'porting' of another operating system, so to speak.....
    07-06-10 07:06 PM
    Well depending on how much time I got on my hands in the next week or so I will put all these ideas together and work on something for everyone to enjoy. Myself I'm fedup of waiting for a decent theme to arrive for me to use because I'm constantly changing. If you got any wallpapers/callscreens etc drop me a inbox msg with them. All ideas come in handy even if there small ideas. Hopefully ill create one that lots of users will like but just keep these ideas coming in

07-06-10 08:10 PM
    Cool, hope u make ur theme soon. I'll be waiting for this one! Goodluck!

07-06-10 08:33 PM
    Sounds exciting! Can't wait to see what you come up with! Good luck!
    07-06-10 09:21 PM
    Finally, someone who ask what we like...

I like theme with mini Precision Zen icons. To me those icons make me feels at "home". Feels very blackberry LOL. 16 scrollable mini Precision Zen icons at the bottom dock would be nice. Mini as in.. like.. 60%-70% of the original size of the Zen icons. But again, custom mini icons will also do.

Hidden dock or not does not matter to me, both are ok. But if you make a hidden dock, one suggestion is, don't use the Down/Up scroll to hide/show the dock. The nature of the track pad makes it a bit difficult to do this. Sometimes you ended up accidentally hiding the dock. I suggest to use the Escape key to hide and space bar key to show the dock.

No today.. I don't like people to read my personal schedule / messages when they borrow my phone.. But i agree that some people might need it =)

Neutral color theme all across the device so the theme can be used with different wallpapers. black-greyish-white color theme would be nice.

I also prefer opaque / slightly transparent background menus / popups.

And user defined font size, or at least make it default. Sometimes small fonts are hard to read.

Those are my 2 cents.. If you can make these request into reality, I'm willing to increase and transform it into a donation LOL.

Thanks and have a great day ahead.
    07-06-10 09:23 PM
    weather slot preferrably in the top banner, zen on the bottom with hidden today, no precision icons, no transitions, wallpaper friendly, enough space in the banner for more than 3 mini icons to show, QL spacebar, user defined fonts
    07-07-10 06:44 AM
    I'm looking for someone to design me a cool simple call image/wallpaper if ya got any inbox me.

07-07-10 10:12 AM
    A list of things I don't want in a theme

No transitions
    No today
    No tiny fonts
    No fonts other than stock
    No giant file sizes
    No custom icons that don't make sense i.e. email icon should be email-ish
    No tiny clock on home screen, big clock font is nice
    No weather slot in the 1st icon spot, 7th spot or higher please
    07-07-10 12:53 PM
    Thanks for asking the people.

07-07-10 12:55 PM
    I 'd like a zen theme with a large clock font similar to the HTC style, a weather slot, and easy to understand icons. Some icons are quite vague to their meaning. Adjustable font sizes would be nice too.

Btw, thanks for asking.
    07-07-10 06:57 PM
    Big htc style clock please!

07-07-10 07:53 PM
    I like hidden docks, this makes it wallpaper friendly. I do not like precision icons or crappy cartoonish icons. Agree Icons should fit the part. Also like the weatherslot and agree that it should be 7 or higher. Moving back to the hidden docks; when opened a black background that covers most the wallpaper to make it easy to read the icons when opened. customized folder options would be nice as well but not a show stopper.

Thank you for getting ides from users in order to build a theme, I too am tired of trying to find that perfect theme and have thought about building my own from time to time, but finding the time or patience is harder than I expected.

Cant wait to see what you come up with, please PM us to let us know when and what to expect. If you need testers, please let me know as well as I will be more than happy to give it a run and let you know.
    07-07-10 08:35 PM
    Stock fonts!
    Scrolling dock.
    NO transitions.
    Hidden today.
    OS6 icons.
    Hot keys.
    Simple & sleek.
    07-07-10 09:57 PM
    No Banner
    Notifications at the top of the screen
    Blank home screen except for time, date, and notifications
    Hidden dock
    07-13-10 10:10 AM
    My request is so damn simple and no one has ever done it!

Default Precision Zen 9700 theme with OS5 icons
    Clicking on signal bars opens Manage Connections
    Clicking on time opens Clock
    Clicking on date opens Calendar
    Clicking on number of messages opens Desktop
    08-27-10 09:41 AM
    OS6 icons
    Weather in the banner
    Calendar on the home screen along with bottom dock icons
    or hot keys to toggle off and on homescreen components
    Transitions are cool
    Crisp graphics