1st off I'm a new BlackBerry user (Bold 9700).

I purchased a few themes and have really been disappointed with the performance of my 9700 with custom themes installed (thing go slow with some and they aren't animated themes). I also don't like the fact that my custom folders and the filing of apps into folders I created or that came with the stock theme do not stay with custom themes.

Maybe I'm missing something here as a new user, but it just seems like a hassle to have to customize folders & locations every time I want to switch themes.

At this point I'm thinking just changing the wallpaper image is the best option.

Enlighten me if I'm missing something simple please.
    12-20-09 12:11 AM
    1st off I'm a new BlackBerry user (Bold 9700).

I purchased a few themes and have really been disappointed with the performance of my 9700 with custom themes installed (thing go slow with some and they aren't animated themes). I also don't like the fact that my custom folders and the filing of apps into folders I created or that came with the stock theme do not stay with custom themes.

Maybe I'm missing something here as a new user, but it just seems like a hassle to have to customize folders & locations every time I want to switch themes.

At this point I'm thinking just changing the wallpaper image is the best option.

Enlighten me if I'm missing something simple please.
    You do have to change the folders and app arrangement with every theme. It does save the folders and app arrangement for each theme. So if you leave and go to another theme, and then come back to that theme your folder and apps will be the same as you originally set them up. After you load a theme and start using it, always pull your battery out for 10 seconds and replace it. This will help with any issues that you might have, or slow performance of a theme. As far as animated themes.. they can be found, but really aren't worth the performance loss you'll receive. You might seem frustrated at the moment, but give your BB a chance... and it will make you happy. Once you get used to one... you'll always want one.
    Last edited by KSW1; 12-20-09 at 04:46 AM.
    12-20-09 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD