Can someone customise the icons with some good looking icons and stop telling people to change the wallpaper when a request is made its please its what the consumer want blackberry represent buisiness give good buisiness people will give good donations ya dig.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 02:47 AM
    Actually no, most of us theme builders do not "dig" where you are coming from. Making themes is tedious work and you have to fine tune them to make them work correctly.

You need to understand that it is a lot harder to change the icons than it is to change the wallpaper. Icon changes can and often do consist of resizing, sharpening the image and making sure it fits the theme assuming the maker is using icons made elsewhere with the makers permission. If they are making the icons themselves, it gets even worse. After all of that is done, then they have to change them in Theme Builder and upload the files to a server you so you can press a button and download it. they may have 20 or more files to upload depending on the theme. You're end, two maybe three minutes to download. The builder's end, could be an hour or it could be days worth of work. He or she should be at least offered some sort of compensation for this work just because you want a theme tweaked to suit you, particularly when a lot of makers do this as a hobby.

On top of all of that, you are asking them to modify their theme which can mean a total redesign of the theme. If you want this done, then you need to ask the maker and offer some sort of payment worked out between the two of you for it. It's not just a "simple" change to put new icons in for you.

Understand there is another option. Download theme builder and make your own theme. At the very least, please reconsider your tone as it came off as a bit demanding since you clearly do not understand what you are asking for by the message you typed. This is not a business to everyone here. Some do it for fun and do not have the time to accommodate the unlimited number of requests being sent about theme changes.
    Last edited by gmkahuna; 07-02-10 at 06:57 AM.
    07-02-10 06:55 AM
    wow you really must have no idea how much work building a theme is, talking the way you are. Why dont YOU open up theme builder and try creating a theme and then see if you reconsider this post or not. I agree w gmkahuna, there is so much time and effort that goes into building these themes, its not that easy to change the icons.

If there was a stupid post award, you would win.
    07-02-10 07:30 AM
    Why can't you "Theme Builders" come over to my house when I want to change my theme and press the right buttons for me...it is just too much work and I think I have the right to demand it from you...also if you wouldnt mind changing my case to match the theme I choose..my cupboards need organizing too...

JK (I hope you all know Im kidding)
    07-02-10 08:23 AM
    At least his big *** run on sentence had a beginning capital letter and an ending punctuation mark. There's hope for teenagers yet.
    07-02-10 08:29 AM
    Can someone customise the icons with some good looking icons and stop telling people to change the wallpaper when a request is made its please its what the consumer want blackberry represent buisiness give good buisiness people will give good donations ya dig.

apart from your total lack of grammar and punctuation, you expect someone on here to do this for you because you demand it from them, jesus what a moron. Most of the builders on here who offer free themes take a lot of time and effort to make them (i tried and couldnt do it). If a free theme doesnt offer you what you want PAY for one instead of being a freetard, and if you want a custom theme talk to one of the theme builders nicely, with correct punctuation and negotiate a price.
    07-02-10 08:48 AM
    Ill agree, its alot of work to build a theme. I thank you builders greatly from saving me time. Especially you builders who offer for free. I <3 You. lol
    07-02-10 08:54 AM
    I didn't understand the problem! In my experience everything works (credits to the fabulous Yuki and the premium crew of adorno) For Donation or fee I've got everthing I want ( schemes, icons, themes)! But if someone wants EVERYTHING for free he should ask himself, if he would work in his job without wage or payment...I Generosity is no oneway, but exaggerated entitlement does!

07-02-10 08:55 AM
    People will be more likely to accept your requests if a) you learn punctuation. b) ASK. Politely. Don't demand things.

Just sayin'.

I love so many of the themes on here. Everyone does a good job!
    07-02-10 08:57 AM
    I absolutely agree with everyone here, theme building is no easy task. I have friends who theme so I decided I'd DL theme builder to see if I could stop bugging them for certain features or tweaks. Bugging aka asking politely.... I wouldn't have the audacity to demand. After having theme builder open for 15 minutes, I said "peace out!" You should respect these individuals who take time out of their day to share their themes with us.....oh and creating svg's? A pain in the booty!

The ppl that replied to you before me are RIGHT. Maybe try being respectful and polite and you may get a little closer to what you want on your bb.. #justsaying
    07-02-10 10:12 AM
    Actually no, most of us theme builders do not "dig" where you are coming from. Making themes is tedious work and you have to fine tune them to make them work correctly.

You need to understand that it is a lot harder to change the icons than it is to change the wallpaper. Icon changes can and often do consist of resizing, sharpening the image and making sure it fits the theme assuming the maker is using icons made elsewhere with the makers permission. If they are making the icons themselves, it gets even worse. After all of that is done, then they have to change them in Theme Builder and upload the files to a server you so you can press a button and download it. they may have 20 or more files to upload depending on the theme. You're end, two maybe three minutes to download. The builder's end, could be an hour or it could be days worth of work. He or she should be at least offered some sort of compensation for this work just because you want a theme tweaked to suit you, particularly when a lot of makers do this as a hobby.

On top of all of that, you are asking them to modify their theme which can mean a total redesign of the theme. If you want this done, then you need to ask the maker and offer some sort of payment worked out between the two of you for it. It's not just a "simple" change to put new icons in for you.

Understand there is another option. Download theme builder and make your own theme. At the very least, please reconsider your tone as it came off as a bit demanding since you clearly do not understand what you are asking for by the message you typed. This is not a business to everyone here. Some do it for fun and do not have the time to accommodate the unlimited number of requests being sent about theme changes.
    Hi! That was very nicely said. It's very time consuming and extra work just to put customized icons. I've had one person request a particular set of icons, didn't like it and requested a different set. AND on top of that, wanted the new OTA in 15min? A lot of patience is required to have a good outcome of any maker's creations. It takes a lot of hard work and effort to create one theme just to share with others. Appreciation would be nice.
    07-02-10 10:23 AM
    I didn't understand the problem! In my experience everything works (credits to the fabulous Yuki and the premium crew of adorno) For Donation or fee I've got everthing I want ( schemes, icons, themes)! But if someone wants EVERYTHING for free he should ask himself, if he would work in his job without wage or payment...I Generosity is no oneway, but exaggerated entitlement does!

Thanks Surfer. You're always too nice.
    07-02-10 10:25 AM
    I absolutely agree with everyone here, theme building is no easy task. I have friends who theme so I decided I'd DL theme builder to see if I could stop bugging them for certain features or tweaks. Bugging aka asking politely.... I wouldn't have the audacity to demand. After having theme builder open for 15 minutes, I said "peace out!" You should respect these individuals who take time out of their day to share their themes with us.....oh and creating svg's? A pain in the booty!

The ppl that replied to you before me are RIGHT. Maybe try being respectful and polite and you may get a little closer to what you want on your bb.. #justsaying
    Well said, my friend...
    07-02-10 10:29 AM
    I notice the OP hasn't had the guts to reply, although I too thank all you themers who offer your hard work and time for free.... Its greatly appreciated.

07-02-10 10:42 AM
    Thats what happen when some people think you can snap your fingers and a theme appears, some just dont know what it takes to create and test themes before posting them....

I Want To Thank All The Themers That Are Willing To Change A Theme Because Of Any Problems.....And The Ones That Are Willing To Send PM Of Themes To Others That Have A Pacific Request....
    Last edited by Jay24; 07-02-10 at 11:44 AM.
    07-02-10 11:41 AM
    i have gotten some fabulous themes here .the themebuilders do a great job.and it is a job that they do .i don't believe i could do it .so i appreciate all their efforts .so from me to the theme makers thankyou so much.
    07-02-10 12:40 PM
    Most themes can be customized if you ask politely and are willing to make a donation.

So until you create your own, you need to deal with and appreciate all the free themes or pay and appreciate all the premium themes. Either way you should be appreciative of all the hard work these guys do.
    07-02-10 01:25 PM
    Change your wallpaper.
    07-02-10 02:02 PM
    Change your wallpaper.

pmsl good one jon
    07-02-10 02:06 PM
    This D-bag lost the little bit of credibility he had when he end his post with "ya dig". At that point I forgot what his point even was and only focused on what an uneducated tool he is.

07-02-10 03:12 PM
    I wonder what his new "name" on here is now....haha
    07-03-10 10:17 PM
    What did he say??? Someone translate this. lol. I read it twice and still dont know what he wants.
    07-03-10 10:57 PM
    ive never seen a themer tell someone to simply change their wallpaper over an icon complaint..... but maybe i didnt look hard enough..... *shrugs*
    07-04-10 12:30 AM
    Looks like we got the point across here. We don't understand the OP's post, and we aren't going to bicker on it much more.

Theme building is no easy task, customizing is even harder depending on the changes you may want. If you want something custom, there will be a price tag as with anything else in life.
    07-04-10 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD