is there a way to send a theme iv made to a friend? iv tried exporting as OTA but not sure how to do it wen it asks me to save it i dont know where to or how to post it.??
    05-11-10 06:21 AM
    This is really a theme question and belongs in the Theme forum... but here goes... you should export the theme for Desktop Manager... it will create two files... zip those two up and send them to this person... they can unzip and use DM to add the them under the App Loader part of DM.
    05-11-10 06:57 AM
    is there a way to send a theme iv made to a friend? iv tried exporting as OTA but not sure how to do it wen it asks me to save it i dont know where to or how to post it.??
    You can sign up on mybbota.com. I was told about this site yesterday and posted my theme. I recommend when you export the files to a specific folder because it will create a few COD files and you have to upload all of them. mybbota.com is free and works great. You can try that too if you don't want to do the Desktop Manager way.

Any questions, hit me up.
    05-11-10 07:02 AM
    You can sign up on mybbota.com. I was told about this site yesterday and posted my theme. I recommend when you export the files to a specific folder because it will create a few COD files and you have to upload all of them. mybbota.com is free and works great. You can try that too if you don't want to do the Desktop Manager way.

Any questions, hit me up.
    ah thanks yeah thats better for her to be able to get it. might need a little help. will register now x
    05-11-10 07:12 AM
    not sure what im doin...
    You must extract the child CODs from com_plazmic_theme_Sleek_Enlarge_stripes.zip then upload those
    05-11-10 07:22 AM
    If you don't want to listen to someone that has over 7,000 postings... fine, don't... but all you need to do is export your theme like I told you above, zip up the two files (one .alx file and one .cod) and send them to your friend... simple... but if you don't want simple then go ahead and try this other method.
    05-11-10 07:29 AM
    not sure what im doin...
    You must extract the child CODs from com_plazmic_theme_Sleek_Enlarge_stripes.zip then upload those
    When you exported the theme from themebuilder, it created several cod files. On the theme I posted yesterday there were 10 total starting with .cod and ending at .cod9. You have to select all of the COD files and upload them which is why I recommended you create a folder called "OTA" or something and then just export the theme files to there and upload all the .CODs from there. If you need, scan my bar code (which is my avatar here) and I can help you if needed.
    05-11-10 08:03 AM
    If you don't want to listen to someone that has over 7,000 postings... fine, don't... but all you need to do is export your theme like I told you above, zip up the two files (one .alx file and one .cod) and send them to your friend... simple... but if you don't want simple then go ahead and try this other method.
    Wow dude, breath. We are all here just trying to help. Sometimes doing an OTA is easier for some people that are not familiar with loading themes via BBDM or they don't have access to it. There is always more than one to skin the cat.
    05-11-10 08:08 AM
    Wow dude, breath. We are all here just trying to help. Sometimes doing an OTA is easier for some people that are not familiar with loading themes via BBDM or they don't have access to it. There is always more than one to skin the cat.

^^ agree...i didnt not use ur method cos i was been rude. just my friend doesnt have a pc she can use regular for BBDM so i thought using the other way she could go on her browser...
    05-11-10 08:10 AM
    Really... wow... I did not know that (*** Sarcasm turned way up now ***)... the OP was wanting to know an easy way to get a theme to a friend... and I explained the easiest way... and clearly the OP did not understand what you were talking about when they said:

not sure what im doin...
    So DUDE... take a deep breath yourself... my way is MUCH easier.
    05-11-10 08:13 AM
    I'm gonna move this thread over to the 9700 Themes forum. You should fine may friends over there who can help with this and other stuff.
    05-11-10 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD