I only had the 8900 for about 3 months, then I switched to 9700 and then finally to 9780 but even so, I am missing the old times. Just found my old 8900 with OS 4.6 and realized out how much nicer the interface was! I'm assuming it's relatively simple to design such theme for my 9780 so is there anyone interested in creating it?
    PS what's the last OS for 9700 to have that interface?
    Thank you in advance.
    02-14-11 10:25 AM
    I also liked the 4.6 look! I had created a 4.6 theme for OS 5 a while back... I still have the files but I haven't ported it to OS 6 yet. I'll probably work on it tomorrow.

Anyway, I don't think the 9700 ever had that interface... It had something similar with the OS 5 but the icons were highlighted in blue.
    02-14-11 08:49 PM
    I also liked the 4.6 look! I had created a 4.6 theme for OS 5 a while back... I still have the files but I haven't ported it to OS 6 yet. I'll probably work on it tomorrow.

Anyway, I don't think the 9700 ever had that interface... It had something similar with the OS 5 but the icons were highlighted in blue.
    That would be great, thank you!
    I think there was a similar version for the first OS 5 leaks, I've seen it in the first 9700 review

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 08:15 AM
    Okay, I have completed my theme. I tried to make it as OS 4.6-like as possible. Some things are hard to get just right in Theme Builder, but I've done my best.

I'll put an OTA link here before making an official post... please let me know what you think and if you encounter any errors.

OTA: http://db.tt/lSBCpMS
    goldmemba likes this.
    02-15-11 07:49 PM
    Thank you so much for this!! Are you planning on using the 4.6 icons or staying with the os6 icons?

02-15-11 08:54 PM
    Actually, I'd love to use the 4.6 icons but they aren't scaling correctly. They are pixelated in Theme Builder and on the device and I can't get around it yet.
    02-15-11 08:55 PM
    When I built themes, I would have to resize each icon to the icon size of the device the theme was going to be for. You might have to do that using a program that won't distort the icons when you resize them

02-15-11 09:06 PM
    Yeah, I thought about that, but they are the exact same icons that are used in the 480x360 Precision theme so they shouldn't be distorted. I suspect that it's a problem with the Theme Builder beta. I asked in the developer forums about it and I'm waiting for an answer. If I figure it out before then I'll post a version with the OS 4.6 icons as well.
    02-15-11 09:09 PM
    OMGGG!! Dude this is sickkk!!!! I love the old school look. If only you could make it with the old icons
    Okay, I have completed my theme. I tried to make it as OS 4.6-like as possible. Some things are hard to get just right in Theme Builder, but I've done my best.

I'll put an OTA link here before making an official post... please let me know what you think and if you encounter any errors.

OTA: http://db.tt/lSBCpMS
    02-15-11 09:22 PM
    Thank you so much! This is just awesome! It's the first theme I like!
    Exactly what I was looking for..
    You could try using a set of icons from the 8900 (I'm not an expert, so I don't really know).. I'm also finding the font size a liitle bit too big, but it's ok. I didn't find any bugs so far.
    Great theme, thanks again!

02-15-11 11:39 PM
    Do you mind telling me which fonts are too large? I think the dialog box fonts were maybe 1 size too large.

Icons are coming... I think I figured them out but it's weird. I have to change the canvas size of all the images. Not resize, but remove the blank space around the icons. It's weird.
    anon(1308230) and goldmemba like this.
    02-16-11 05:34 AM
    THAT IS AWESOME! I love this! Thank you so much for posting! The OS6 icons look great already- I missed having the "square backgrounds" on the icons so much- this looks so much cleaner! This is what I have spent countless hours looking (and paying!) for.

Is it even feasible to do hidden today with this type of theme? I would happily pay you for this!
    Last edited by bbstoof; 02-16-11 at 05:53 AM.
    02-16-11 05:48 AM
    Yeah bro, I really appreciate your efforts! Please update this theme with the old icons as soon as possible
    Do you mind telling me which fonts are too large? I think the dialog box fonts were maybe 1 size too large.

Icons are coming... I think I figured them out but it's weird. I have to change the canvas size of all the images. Not resize, but remove the blank space around the icons. It's weird.
    02-16-11 10:02 PM
    Hey, can you please update the link ? Its is not working properly and it shows - http Error 404 : not found. When I tried the link from my bb.

Plssssss update it.
    I would really appreciate You

10-09-11 07:19 AM

Demo
    10-10-11 08:55 PM
    I want that theme for os 5. Please update the link

10-11-11 07:58 PM
    I only had the 8900 for about 3 months, then I switched to 9700 and then finally to 9780 but even so, I am missing the old times. Just found my old 8900 with OS 4.6 and realized out how much nicer the interface was! I'm assuming it's relatively simple to design such theme for my 9780 so is there anyone interested in creating it?
    PS what's the last OS for 9700 to have that interface?
    Thank you in advance.
    you download it here blackberry os 6 style theme OS 6
    10-13-11 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD