I have the "theme builder" downloaded on my computer, and I've been playing with it a bit here and there, but I am wondering where people are getting their different looking icons. Also, how do you create a hidden dock? I'm not asking these questions so that I can jump on the bus and start making themes to sell, I really just want to make my own, and if they are good enough in my opinion, I would offer them to others for free. But I first need to know how...
    I've gotten free themes as well as paid for a few, but there are always little things I would change to make them "my own". So, how can I just create my own???
    05-26-10 09:18 AM
    Should PM D.R.e.W and coolblackberrythemes (that is the username of the girl) and mulishaman187 and see what they said and where they get them...those are the 3 major ppl i see doing themes.
    05-26-10 09:27 AM
    Should PM D.R.e.W and coolblackberrythemes (that is the username of the girl) and mulishaman187 and see what they said and where they get them...those are the 3 major ppl i see doing themes.
    but if they are the ones doing all the themes and probably selling them, do you really think they would tell me their secrets? Granted, I'm not going to go mass produce my own themes and spread them around, but it's still something that they have the info for.
    05-26-10 09:31 AM
    but if they are the ones doing all the themes and probably selling them, do you really think they would tell me their secrets? Granted, I'm not going to go mass produce my own themes and spread them around, but it's still something that they have the info for.
    they sell themes they consider "premium" when they are free themes, they still have some customer icons.
    05-26-10 09:35 AM
    It's not really secret. The icons can be found online. Just do a google search for BlackBerry icons. I have never made a theme so that's about as much help as I have. I only know that much because I was going to attempt to make a theme for myself. However, I found I didn't have enough time for the learning curve there is with the theme software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 10:00 AM
    Right. Google and you'll find most of what you want.

The tricky part if finding icons that match the functions you want, and have the same look-and-feel, instead of a mix of themes tha do not match.
    05-26-10 10:04 AM
    what about the hidden dock? (the menu bar that can be hidden on the home screen)
    05-26-10 10:08 AM
    Hello calikat421,

Mostly everything you're looking for is in the Theme Developers' Forum here at CB including places to look for icons, hidden dock help, etc.

Theme Builder itself is pretty straight forward except for the hidden querks.
    Composer (the application used to create a hidden dock & other magical things) is where you'll need help.

The first place to go is Matt Ginsberg | Web and Graphic Designer | Blackberry Theme Developer. He's a great guy with easy to follow tutorials. I re-watch them all the time for new ideas.

Follow the Composer tutorials even if it's not a topic you're interested in. You'll gain valuable insight into the workings of the program that'll help you create other things.

Other places to look are:
    Another Hidden Dock Tutorial. - Smartphone Forums
    How to Animate Themes - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    plazmic composer tutorial blackberry - Google Search
    Plazmic Theme Builder Tutorial (Background) - Learn how to create your own Blackberry themes!
    flick n slide tutorial
    05-26-10 10:51 AM
    There are plenty of how-to's on the the Themes board.
    05-26-10 10:51 AM
    Matt's website is awesome! His tuts are very simple and easy to understand.
    05-26-10 12:07 PM
    where do I find a real tutorial to make a hiddon dock, half of them leave stuff out, I want something that shows from the very beginning.

Also, where do I find the icons that show up notifing me that I have new mail/text/facebook msgs etc? I can find all the basic icons, what about the little notifer ones, ones for the battery, ones for basically everything else?
    06-11-10 03:01 PM
    where do I find a real tutorial to make a hiddon dock, half of them leave stuff out, I want something that shows from the very beginning.
    I had never done a hidden dock and had zero issues with following Matt's excellent video tutorial as linked above. Did you watch his video and follow along? He even provides the code!!

Also, where do I find the icons that show up notifing me that I have new mail/text/facebook msgs etc? I can find all the basic icons, what about the little notifer ones, ones for the battery, ones for basically everything else?
    From what I can tell, most themers make them themselves via tools like Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, GIMP (free), etc. As mentioned in the other posts, there are lots of freebies shared in the Theme Dev forum here on CB. Well worth some reading, searching, etc.
    06-11-10 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD