Two Versions...
    Side Slide w/ Precision Icons
    Side Slide7 w/ OS7 Icons

Both Versions Feature...
    • 14-icon home screen
    • 12-icon animated vertical sliding dock (icons slide in/out from top right 3 at a time on focus in/out)
    • 2-icons in banner (at bottom of screen)
    • Icons according to app order;
      Slot1 = Banner Icon (Left) & Slot2 = Banner Icon (Right)
      Slot3 = Dock Icon 1 (bottom)
      Slot4 = Dock Icon 2 (middle)
      Slot5 = Dock Icon 3 (top)
      Slot6 – Slot8 = Dock icon 4 (bottom), 5 (middle) & 6 (top) etc.
    • No transitions
    • No web links
    • Small files sizes

Side Slide on 96xx OS6

Side Slide7 on 96xx OS6

Price: $1.99

Buy & Download Side Slide OTA

Buy & Download Side Slide7 OTA

*Compatible with 8520 OS5, 8530 OS5, 8900 OS5, 8910 OS5, 8930 OS5, 8980 OS5, 9300 OS5/OS6, 9330 OS5/OS6, 9630 OS5, 9650 OS5/OS6, 9700 OS5/OS6 & 9780 OS6 * Please perform a device reset after install *

UPDATE 07/19/2011
    All versions of Side Slide have been updated to 1.1 to address the visibility issue with the menu cursor. Those who signed up for updates should be notified soon. Thanks!
    Last edited by JavaBrat; 07-19-11 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Posted update
    07-10-11 02:07 AM
    I just purchased and really like theme alot. But, the black highlight is barely visible. I hate to ask you to change it but is it possible?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-11 10:33 PM
    I just purchased and really like theme alot. But, the black highlight is barely visible. I hate to ask you to change it but is it possible?

Thanks for the reply Shine4JC!

I'm happy to hear that you like my theme and I do apologize if the highlight is too difficult to see

Unfortunately I cannot make changes based upon individual user requests as it would open the door for everyone to expect the same treatment and rightfully so.

I do hope you understand and again, I do apologize if this has caused you any inconvenience.
    07-10-11 10:57 PM
    I feel the same way! love the theme but the black highlights make it hard to use.. maybe in a future update you can change it??
    07-11-11 08:58 AM
    Would love to buy this theme but the highlight issue is keeping me away. The idea of using a theme is to make the screen look great and work great. If we can't use it because we can't see it properly it's kind of a waste of time don't ya think?
    07-11-11 10:59 AM
    I own this theme and the highlight is not an issue for me.
    07-11-11 01:07 PM
    Would love to buy this theme but the highlight issue is keeping me away. The idea of using a theme is to make the screen look great and work great. If we can't use it because we can't see it properly it's kind of a waste of time don't ya think?
    +1 here. Could not agree with you more.
    07-11-11 03:36 PM
    I feel the same way! love the theme but the black highlights make it hard to use.. maybe in a future update you can change it??
    I own this theme and the highlight is not an issue for me.
    Thank you mb0001! I was actually concerned about this and installed it on my device again just to make sure I wasn't mistaken, but even without my glasses on I have no problem seeing the focus.

I have sold quite a few of this particular theme and to be honest, there wasn't one complaint about the focus icon until now. Otherwise, what you see here are the only negative responses to this theme. I am sure if those who purchased it were so unsatisfied they would contact the developer through the purchase site and say something. Especially considering anyone who has ever had to deal with me on a support level knows that I am as attentive to the "customers" needs as someone can possibly get.

But should something arise where an update is necessary, I will take into consideration making a change to the focus.
    07-13-11 11:08 PM
    I guess that surprises me that no one has said anything to you. We just feel the black on black is hard to see. Most themes have a differnt color to contrast the black to make it easier..its your theme, you don't have to change it if you don't want to. Its still a great theme, we just pointed out one thing.. no biggie.
    07-14-11 08:35 AM
    I guess that surprises me that no one has said anything to you. We just feel the black on black is hard to see. Most themes have a differnt color to contrast the black to make it easier..its your theme, you don't have to change it if you don't want to. Its still a great theme, we just pointed out one thing.. no biggie.
    That's fine, I always appreciate feedback. I was just confused as to how people are having a hard time seeing the focus and now that you said "black on black" I'm even more confused as I wouldn't put the same colors over one another

This also makes me wonder if the theme isn't rendering quite right on some devices for one reason or another as I also notice all the comments to this are from 9700 users and this device has given me issues in the past.

I only say this because when on my device (9650 OS6) the theme renders exactly as it does in the screenshots... black highlight on a gray background and gray highlight on the black background. So the focus is hard to miss.

If its not too much trouble, could you possibly post a screenshot of the screen and/or screens where this is a problem so I can look further into it to see if it is in fact a device issue or a theme issue? Or if you prefer to email them, just PM me and I'll give you an email address. I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!
    07-14-11 08:48 AM
    Here are a couple snapshots I took with my camera to show how the theme appears on my 9650 OS6, just to show that it does appear exactly on my device as it does in the simulator screenshots from the original post...

Gray background with black focus

Black background with gray focus

If someone who is having an issue with seeing the focus on their device could post pics of their screens I would really appreciate it, as I would like to figure out if it is a theme issue or device issue. Thanks!
    07-14-11 09:32 AM
    Mine isn't showing black on black. It's showing black on gray so that's why I don't have a problem seeing the focus. It's very clear!
    07-14-11 10:39 AM
    I think we may be talking about two differnt things I guess I don't mean focus, i mean the colors in the menu when you go to delete a mesage or email. Please see attached screenshot..

the black on the black (or very dark grey) is hard to see unless you out in direct sunlight.. when I choose the "switch application" it would be cool if it was a different color, like red, so it would stand out more..

I appreciate your response and looking into this..
    07-14-11 10:53 AM
    I think we may be talking about two differnt things I guess I don't mean focus, i mean the colors in the menu when you go to delete a mesage or email. Please see attached screenshot..

the black on the black (or very dark grey) is hard to see unless you out in direct sunlight.. when I choose the "switch application" it would be cool if it was a different color, like red, so it would stand out more..

Sorry I havent responded as the OP but I've been busy. My menu looks exactly like the picture that Bosox20 posted. I noticed that if you look at the screen head-on you can not tell where the focus is located. But if you tilt the phone either up or down, it becomes slightly more visable. My concern is that so much time is spent trying to see where the focus is, scrolling up and down to make sure you are selecting exactly what you want to do. Again, I too would appreciate anything you can do to help.
    07-14-11 11:21 AM

Sorry I havent responded as the OP but I've been busy. My menu looks exactly like the picture that Bosox20 posted. I noticed that if you look at the screen head-on you can not tell where the focus is located. But if you tilt the phone either up or down, it becomes slightly more visable. My concern is that so much time is spent trying to see where the focus is, scrolling up and down to make sure you are selecting exactly what you want to do. Again, I too would appreciate anything you can do to help.
    Thank you all for the replies!

Yeah there was a misunderstanding because I thought everyone was referring to the the icon focus, which had me thinking WTF? Thought I was being cyber punked or something LMAO!!

Even though I don't, I suppose I can see where some people may have trouble seeing the cursor in the menu. It's just that, to be perfectly honest, it would involve a LOT of work to make an updated version with just this one change.

I would have to update both the Side Slide and Side Slide7 versions, which were made for three different device series and two different OS's, making for a total of eight themes (at least an hour). Once I do that, I then have to go to each of the websites this theme is on and upload the new files (at least another hour or more). All of this would take a minimum of two hours to accomplish for a theme that hasn't been published quite a week yet

So if its at least tolerable, I would really like to hold off a little while and see if I get any more feedback as I would really hate to have to go through all of that just to change one cursor color or font color.

If this is something that absolutely cannot be tolerated for the time being, at least so I can make sure there's nothing else that needs "fixed" while I'm at it, send me a PM and let me know.

Thanks again!
    07-14-11 01:16 PM
    Don't sweat it.. Its fine.. I don't want you to put in multiple hours fixing this one thing. Shine's idea of tilting the phone works ok..

If you ever need an update in the future, it would be appreciated to look into this issue, but no need for a special fix. I really do love the theme, there is nothing else out there quite like it..

thanks for your help and concern for your customers!!

Bosox
    07-14-11 07:02 PM
    ^ agree.....no worries

07-14-11 07:04 PM
    Don't sweat it.. Its fine.. I don't want you to put in multiple hours fixing this one thing. Shine's idea of tilting the phone works ok..

If you ever need an update in the future, it would be appreciated to look into this issue, but no need for a special fix. I really do love the theme, there is nothing else out there quite like it..

thanks for your help and concern for your customers!!

Bosox
    ^ agree.....no worries

Thanks to the both of you for your patience. I really do appreciate it!
    07-15-11 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD