* ON SALE! 40% off until Oct 31/2010, to celebrate Euphoria Pro being my first theme on BlackBerry App World! *

The wait is over folks, Euphoria is finally available!

YouTube Demo Video - Click

What is Euphoria? It is a theme that is catered towards (but not restricted to) the working professional. These people get the most use out of their Berries where the proper theme can be considered their sidekick in the work force. If a BlackBerry was like a dog to a police officer, then a theme is the breed of that dog... and you always need the right breed for the right job! Euphoria helps to get things done quicker, is easy on the eyes, and professional enough that there are no worries pulling out your device in front of your boss!

Chances are, you've never used a theme so powerful, flexible and feature-rich, all the while maintaining eye-popping aesthetic appeal AND subtle everyday usability.

VinceThePrince themes are never compiled in BlackBerry Composer. Instead, each and every line of code is personally hand-coded in Notepad. What does this mean for you? It means the highest possible performance efficiency, you'll feel like you're running a theme that came with your device! Anyhow, let's get on with the theme Walkthrough =)

The Walkthrough

The complete Euphoria experience is unique in a way that it spans FOUR different screens. Upon loading the theme (make sure you battery pulled!), you are greeted with your Home Screen:

Notice the screen indicator at the top, a subtle but useful touch to keep track of what screen you're on. This screen houses three of your most useful apps, as well as a very nifty information widget. This widget contains two user-defined slots, as you can see I have Profiles in slot #1 and Weather in slot #2. Also, you can launch the Clock app from this widget by clicking on the time. Lastly, there is a cool feature where you can display your own name on this widget! Just edit your Owner information (Options -> Owner -> Name) and it will show up! Finally, don't forget you can start QuickLaunch (sold separately) by pressing Space, as well as SMS by pressing the dollar sign ($).

Scrolling to the right will bring you to the screen above. It lets you view your full wallpaper in all its glory. If by chance you're NOT a wallpaper junky, or you just want some more functionality out of this screen, no worries because Euphoria is about choice, it conforms to how YOU want to personalize and use it:

With a simple built-in toggle (I'll show you that soon), you have the choice to convert the simple wallpaper-friendly screen, to either a single-dock or dual-dock affair! These docks are fully user-defined of course, were you really expecting anything less? Anyways, let's head onto the screen to the left of the Home Screen:

This is the Today screen, where you can get a quick glance at your upcoming appointments and newest e-mails. Both are capable of a whopping NINE full-length entries!

Finally, this is where things get even more interesting... the Options screen!

Here you'll be able to change the theme's colour WITHIN the theme! At first, I was going to make 6 different versions of Euphoria that had to be purchased individually, but instead I decided to merge all of them into one purchase, and let YOU decide what colour you want to rock out with! With this powerful option, it's very easy to match wallpapers with your choice of colour scheme. Here's an example:

Also on the Options screen, you can also change various settings, like the number of Docks on Screen #4. From here, you can also toggle the default wallpaper, the information widget on the Home Screen, and also the backdrop for the Today entries, if you don't need it.

Well, that's it for the walkthrough! I hope you enjoyed following along, and if you are still on the fence about purchasing, you can get a taste of what Euphoria's all about with this free OTA download of the BASIC version!

OTA - OS 5.0 | OS 4.7

Purchase MobiHand | CrackBerry

Updates

v1.6 - Oct 16/2010
    - Made it so it's harder to "overshoot" the Today Screen and accidentally go to the Options Screen
    - Reverted indicators to default red star indicator (upon popular request)
    Last edited by VinceThePrince; 10-16-10 at 01:02 AM.
    07-14-10 03:46 PM
    Looks nice...I think there is a theme called Euphoria already by Dearfloyd. Don't know if that would matter or not, but just wanted to let you know
    I'm a big fan of your work and will definitely check this one out.
    07-14-10 04:04 PM
    Absolutely amazing!! I'll definitely be grabbing this one too! I like the idea of having the weather text by the time. That's a huge plus for me! I have yet to get the sms today preview to work on my 9700 tho. One question, you have "home" on your screenshot. Are you thinking of making it say that or is that just to give us an idea?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 04:17 PM
    @ Iluvbb - Oh, I didn't know that... but I'm already so pumped about the name Euphoria because I will this theme will induce such a feeling! Hopefully it shouldn't be a problem.

@ nepr21 - To answer your question, what I want is to have "home", "today", "applications", etc fade in once you get to that screen, stay for a few seconds, and then fade out. That's the idea anyways
    07-14-10 04:21 PM
    Vince, do you do custom requests on themes that you're currently not working on?
    07-14-10 04:29 PM
    Ahhh I see. This will be another great theme of yours once its put it together!

07-14-10 04:32 PM
    I felt like deviating from the trend of replica themes
    love ya themes, but this IS a replica
    07-14-10 04:58 PM
    Vince you are killing my wallet cause I have to buy this. We may have to work something out like a annual fee cause I feel like I buy everyone of your themes.

As for SMS on the today I think some people have issues getting it to show up based on the new OS. So that's just a thought.

As for the 5 screen. I wouldn't mind a functioning seach bar and the "power" icons like the frozen yogart. Just more acess to important and most used things. Or even throw those on the "app" screen with 6 icons below it then use the 5th screen for a wallpaper only.

Just my $.02. Keep up the great work.

07-14-10 04:59 PM
    I'm digging the glass banner on the botton. I'm excited for this one, I love froyo.
    07-14-10 06:12 PM
    I couldn't get SMS preview to work until I updated my OS to .680. Now it works perfectly.
    07-15-10 07:47 AM
    @ kilted_thrower - I have in the past, but I feel I'm quite busy with what I got going/planned to be able to fulfill any custom requests at this time

@ daveastra - I guess it is in a way, but not precisely. I'm mixing elements of vanilla Android, Sense UI, Windows 7, and Windows Phone 7 all mashed up into one =D

@ curve247 - LOL, I think we might have to! On a more serious note though, newer OS's have the feature, older ones don't. So the way I see it, if it shows up, then good, otherwise, it's not a huge loss if it doesn't. As for the screens, now that I think of it, 5 is way too much if I want to keep things simple and functional. I'm going to drop it down to 3 screens: Options <-> Home <-> Do More. The Do More screen is going to have 1 or 2 rows (preference can be set in Options screen) of 6 icons each, and above them is going to be a Control Panel widget with Profile/Options/Manage Connections, etc. Thanks for the feedback as usual!
    07-15-10 10:58 AM
    Oh and Alt+T is going to make the Today screen pop up, with SMS, Messages, and Calendar entries... push Back to hide it
    07-15-10 11:19 AM
    Sounds like you're going to have a winner here! Ideas on when you may be releasing this monster?
    07-15-10 12:33 PM
    vince i will test for you if you need it.
    07-15-10 01:37 PM
    Updated the first post, check it out =)
    07-15-10 02:09 PM
    vince i will test for you if you need it.
    Yeah I'll hit you up once I get it coded
    07-15-10 02:13 PM
    Vince looks like you did a wonderful job again
    07-15-10 02:22 PM
    Vince looks like you did a wonderful job again
    Thanks, I was wondering where you've been! You haven't been hittin' me up on my newest threads, I thought you stopped liking themes or something haha!
    07-15-10 02:25 PM
    Vince: I do have one comment based on the update. I "personally" am not a fan of the move up to get to a "wallpaper" screen. You had this feature in the Series 7 theme and i thought it tended to make navigation a bit tricky. This is why i liked frozen yogart so much. it was simply right and left.

Just a though once you start coding.
    07-15-10 03:24 PM
    Vince: I do have one comment based on the update. I "personally" am not a fan of the move up to get to a "wallpaper" screen. You had this feature in the Series 7 theme and i thought it tended to make navigation a bit tricky. This is why i liked frozen yogart so much. it was simply right and left.

Just a though once you start coding.
    Yeah you're probably right, I don't like it either. Maybe we'll find a way to make it work some other method.
    07-15-10 04:32 PM
    Thanks, I was wondering where you've been! You haven't been hittin' me up on my newest threads, I thought you stopped liking themes or something haha!
    lol Na man I just jumped on the Evo, gave my tour a well deserved rest...
    07-15-10 11:16 PM
    lol Na man I just jumped on the Evo, gave my tour a well deserved rest...
    Ah... hope you're liking it, Android is the future =P
    07-16-10 08:53 AM
    Update 2's in first post.
    07-16-10 10:29 AM
    If you need any other testers I would LOVE/KILL to test it. Honestly, this looks even better than your Froyo one imo. Super sleek!
    07-16-10 11:13 AM
    If you need any other testers I would LOVE/KILL to test it. Honestly, this looks even better than your Froyo one imo. Super sleek!
    Beta testers will be hand-picked, only one per device, for those who I feel have offered me useful advice/feedback on a consistent basis. Thanks for your offer, I am taking everyone into consideration =D
    07-16-10 11:42 AM
155 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD