This is a slighltly modified Precison Zen theme featuring : Hidden Today for Calender (7 entries) + a Weather Slot, for BlackBerry 9700...

Please note that I haven't got a BB9700 to test this theme out! Please report any errors/bugs and I will try to fix them.

Notes:

1. The weather icon must be the 7th icon.
    2. Please do NOT place the calender as first/last icon. The best is to keep it as the 3rd icon.

These screen shots are taken on BOLD 9000 and it is not the exact theme... The only difference is that, the home screen icons has the "dark background (tab)" for the 9700 theme...

Hope you like it
    Last edited by ST79; 11-27-09 at 06:31 AM.
    11-27-09 06:10 AM
    I'd like to try but... no OTA link?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 09:59 AM
    I'd like to try but... no OTA link?

No OTA sorry

11-27-09 10:10 AM
    just loaded it. it all works well, like the transitions and all. I like the stock look with the hidden and a weather slot its just my prefered theme though. On the profiles all the slots are blank unless scrolled through then they appear one at a time. Also I like the orginal look when you scroll on the icon, with this setup when i go up to the weather the box around the icon is huge and covers up alot in the banner. Thnx for the theme!
    11-27-09 10:35 AM
    You are welcome kudvu002 ... Glad you liked it...

11-27-09 10:56 AM
    Hi again ST. Just noticed you've started your own thread for this theme, so thought I'd repost my comments in here too.

After your previous modifications, this theme is looking great now but there are still a couple of issues:-

1) The missing text issue is fixed, but you seem to have gone a little too small with the font size. Any chance of upping it a couple of points to the default size?

2) I love the 'bouncing' weather icon, but I think it worked much better in it's original position below the upper bar. As kudvu02 said, it now covers up too much other information in the upper banner when highlighted.

3) Again, as kudvu02 mentioned, the options under Profiles are now 'blacked out' until scrolled over.

4) On a personal note, I did prefer the half screen highlight bars for the hidden calendar entries... but that's just me

Other than the above, this is definitely the best 9700 theme available.

Many thanks for your hard work
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 11-27-09 at 11:25 AM.
    11-27-09 11:20 AM
    Hi again ST. Just noticed you've started your own thread for this theme, so thought I'd repost my comments in here too.

After your previous modifications, this theme is looking great now but there are still a couple of issues:-

1) The missing text issue is fixed, but you seem to have gone a little too small with the font size. Any chance of upping it a couple of points to the default size?

2) I love the 'bouncing' weather icon, but I think it worked much better in it's original position below the upper bar. As kudvu02 said, it now covers up too much other information in the upper banner when highlighted.

3) Again, as kudvu02 mentioned, the options under Profiles are now 'blacked out' until scrolled over.

4) On a personal note, I did prefer the half screen highlight bars for the hidden calendar entries... but that's just me

Other than the above, this is definitely the best 9700 theme available.

Many thanks for your hard work

Many thanks again for a great theme
    You are welcome Phil I just don't know what the issue is with the profile options. I will load the theme on my 8900 and see myself. I won't be able to do anything till monday, so will look into it next week. I can't do anything about the highlighting problem of the weather icon. But it alright unless it is highlighted, isn't it. I really want to create a transparent "tab focus" for it. But I haven't got a clue... I'm just a beginner in creating themes. will try to improve the theme as I learn stuff... Thanks for the comments...

Last edited by ST79; 11-27-09 at 11:33 AM.
    11-27-09 11:27 AM
    Just what I was looking for... Not sure how much I spent on themes in the past couple of days, looking for just this... a nearly stock zen theme with the weather slot.

The weather icon covering radio data when selected doesn't bother me at all.... if I highlight it, I'm gonna click on it, so no problems there.

When choosing a sound profile, the non-selected options are black text on a dark gray background... not a big deal, but a future rev might use a light text color for those.

All in all, a great job and now my search for my ideal theme is over. Thanks so very much!!

Ron
    11-27-09 07:34 PM
    Just what I was looking for... Not sure how much I spent on themes in the past couple of days, looking for just this... a nearly stock zen theme with the weather slot.

The weather icon covering radio data when selected doesn't bother me at all.... if I highlight it, I'm gonna click on it, so no problems there.

When choosing a sound profile, the non-selected options are black text on a dark gray background... not a big deal, but a future rev might use a light text color for those.

All in all, a great job and now my search for my ideal theme is over. Thanks so very much!!

Ron
    You are welcome Glad you liked it ...

11-28-09 03:10 AM
    Awesome theme! Just wondering why do you advise against putting Calendar as the first/sixth icon? I have mine on the first slot and everything seems fine.

Keep up the good work!
    11-28-09 06:25 AM
    UPDATE: Ahhh.. ok I figured out why. If the calendar is set as the first or last icon you lose the ability to highlight and edit individual entries. Not a biggie.

On another note, I realise that the fonts on this theme are enlarged. I use BBAlpha San (size 6) and when using this theme the fonts appear larger as compared to the stock Precision Zen on the Bold 9700 when using same font settings.
    Last edited by rudychow; 11-28-09 at 06:47 AM.
    11-28-09 06:32 AM
    UPDATE: Ahhh.. ok I figured out why. If the calendar is set as the first or last icon you lose the ability to highlight and edit individual entries. Not a biggie.

On another note, I realise that the fonts on this theme are enlarged. I use BBAlpha San (size 6) and when using this theme the fonts appear larger as compared to the stock Precision Zen on the Bold 9700 when using same font settings.
    You are welcome. Thanks for the good words... Try reducing your font size : menu - options - screen/keyboard.

11-28-09 07:34 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried reducing the font size but it doesn't seem to have an effect, esp. for list items. This includes Messages, Tasks, and Memos. However, going into the these lists to view the actual entries, you will see the effects of font size changes. Somehow the theme is not applying the font size settings to lists.
    Last edited by rudychow; 11-28-09 at 01:35 PM.
    11-28-09 07:44 AM
    This theme is awesome with the transitions and features...just the inconsistencies in the font sizes in different screens, the items in Profiles (and QuickLaunch) being blacked out until highlighted, and the row of icons on the main screen I'd prefer to have a dark or transparent background when highlighted. I'll be keeping my eye on this one, and would be willing to pay for it when it gets the kinks worked out. Great work so far.
    12-02-09 11:28 PM
    This theme is awesome with the transitions and features...just the inconsistencies in the font sizes in different screens, the items in Profiles (and QuickLaunch) being blacked out until highlighted, and the row of icons on the main screen I'd prefer to have a dark or transparent background when highlighted. I'll be keeping my eye on this one, and would be willing to pay for it when it gets the kinks worked out. Great work so far.
    Thank you for the good words I'm just a beginner in creating themes. Will try to update the theme as I learn things.... I think it is a problem/bug in the theme builder, which causes the profile settings being blacked out unless highlighted.. I didnt do it on purpose.... You can edit options in QuickLaunch to change the background...
    Last edited by ST79; 12-03-09 at 04:08 AM.
    12-03-09 03:47 AM
    looks very nice, i would also prefer the weather icon to be lowered, i will try it out tonight, has the font size issues been fixed? or is it just a problem for people who have their font changed on their phone (not default)
    12-03-09 02:59 PM
    What Weather Application do I need to have installed?
    12-04-09 06:31 PM
    any will work
    12-04-09 09:01 PM
    I'm using Weather Bug.

12-05-09 02:30 AM
    Any chance of adding a clickable area around the time to launch the clock? Nice work.
    12-05-09 10:16 AM
    Any chance of adding a clickable area around the time to launch the clock? Nice work.
    I haven't got a clue how to do it ... I'm just a beginner in creating themes...

12-05-09 04:01 PM
    hey ST79! i've tried out this theme and it is awesome

Any chance however, can you place the weather icon back below the upper bar? i liked it the way you had it before

also it would be good if the font size was the same as the precision zen default

I appreciate it must be difficult as you do not have a 9700, but this theme would become perfect if you managed to fix those. I also like the shaded bottom bar on the default precision zen
    12-05-09 08:40 PM
    hey ST79! i've tried out this theme and it is awesome

Any chance however, can you place the weather icon back below the upper bar? i liked it the way you had it before

also it would be good if the font size was the same as the precision zen default

I appreciate it must be difficult as you do not have a 9700, but this theme would become perfect if you managed to fix those. I also like the shaded bottom bar on the default precision zen
    See post #4 of this thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/si...-theme-367513/
    12-07-09 06:57 AM
    This is a great theme, works really well on my 9700, thanks a lot!
    12-07-09 09:57 AM
    This is a great theme, works really well on my 9700, thanks a lot!
    You are welcome
    12-07-09 10:24 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD