Please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 11:51 AM
    There is no way to until theme-builder supports it. When they are able to I'm sure it will be all over Crackberry.
    11-04-10 12:11 PM
    OS6 themes for 9700s are only possible right now by using a beta version of the theme builder software.

Many developers used a beta theme builder when OS5 came out for the 9700 and it was a disaster.

Many themes had bugs and a number of theme developers were obliged to re-release their themes. This caused a lot of pain and some ill feeling since folk had paid for themes that did not work properly and these people blamed the developers. The truth was that the developer had done a good job and issued themes quickly but the theme builder software was the true culprit.

My advice to both theme developers and consumers would be to not produce too many premium (paid for) themes until we have a new and official (non-beta) release of the OS6 compatible theme builder software for the 9700 and whatever other models this supports.

This is a shame because many responsible theme developers will lose money over this whilst some other - who may not worry about a betea release - will just go ahead and sell their products.

Maybe the beta release will produce bug free themes. Let's hope so.
    11-04-10 12:14 PM
    OS6 themes for 9700s are only possible right now by using a beta version of the theme builder software.

Many developers used a beta theme builder when OS5 came out for the 9700 and it was a disaster.

Many themes had bugs and a number of theme developers were obliged to re-release their themes. This caused a lot of pain and some ill feeling since folk had paid for themes that did not work properly and these people blamed the developers. The truth was that the developer had done a good job and issued themes quickly but the theme builder software was the true culprit.

My advice to both theme developers and consumers would be to not produce too many premium (paid for) themes until we have a new and official (non-beta) release of the OS6 compatible theme builder software for the 9700 and whatever other models this supports.

This is a shame because many responsible theme developers will lose money over this whilst some other - who may not worry about a betea release - will just go ahead and sell their products.

Maybe the beta release will produce bug free themes. Let's hope so.
    Unless new tools were released today and I haven't heard, you cannot produce themes for any OS6 device other than the Torch 9800 at this point in time. The option does not appear in the new theme studio beta software.

But you're right, when a beta is released, it will take a few generations of theme development to really lock things down.
    11-04-10 01:17 PM
    So what my thinking is now is that almost everybody who comes here looking for themes are the same people who have probably installed OS6. That doesn't bode well for the theme developers until they get the new finished theme studio.
    11-06-10 10:17 AM
    Great. I've been trying to make something happen in theme studio 6 beta, but I haven't had any luck yet. I wish they would have just released a patch so theme studio 5 would allow you to design themes for the 6.0 os.
    11-06-10 04:35 PM
    At the present time, the 9800 is the only device supported by theme studio beta 6.
    11-06-10 04:38 PM
    Please sticky this. So tired of these threads/posts. You want os 6 good - no themes (yet).
    11-06-10 04:42 PM
    So what my thinking is now is that almost everybody who comes here looking for themes are the same people who have probably installed OS6. That doesn't bode well for the theme developers until they get the new finished theme studio.
    No, People who have OS6 KNOW there are no themes available!

People who come here looking for themes are people like me, who refuse to load OS6 UNTIL themes are written specifically for such.

I still have OS5 and will continue to do so until my favorite themer has the tools he needs to convert his themes to OS6.
    11-06-10 06:53 PM
    Please sticky this. So tired of these threads/posts. You want os 6 good - no themes (yet).
    +1 and I got a gin and tonic we can toast to on that Andy!!!
    Bottom's up!
    11-06-10 06:54 PM
    OEM Theme on the OS6 is wayy better than any theme on the OS5. Besides themes, there are many more features you gain from upgrading. I hope OS6 Theme builder comes out soon though, this time RIM is definitely heading in the right direction in regards to their OS.
    11-06-10 07:11 PM
    I hope the theme builder gets an upgrade to support 9700 soon. I'd like to mess with it myself. I used to build my own themes back when I had my 8320. The new UI is great, but I can think of some things I'd like to do with it.
    11-06-10 08:53 PM
    no theme will ever beat this one...i miss it so hard!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/fr...-icons-412741/

here's to hoping he makes one for os6 when possible!
    11-07-10 06:11 PM
    no theme will ever beat this one...i miss it so hard!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/fr...-icons-412741/

here's to hoping he makes one for os6 when possible!
    I love all his themes! I personally CAN'T live without his NewBerry theme!
    I rock it all the time. That and his Random and Dark Trilogy...

Let's hope he can port those over...yes!!!
    11-07-10 06:20 PM
    I still keep hitting $ to jump to sms messages...and # to bring up connections was nice too...having 8 items across the bottom kills having 5 as in the default theme

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD