Big Papa's Themes!

[EDIT]

Ok, sorry it took so long to update everybody, I was having some troubles getting OTAs working on my website. With those resolved, I've gone ahead and addressed the most common concerns:

The "black-on-black" in some menus is now gone, it's either blue or pink to correspond with the theme.

I've made a larger font version of both themes since that was a huge complaint. For those of you (like me) who enjoyed the smaller font, the first two links will still have the same sized font, the larger font version is a different OTA.
    Original OS 6 "his"

Original OS 6 "hers"

Larger Font OS 6 "his"

Larger Font OS 6 "hers"

Images to follow soon for those of you who haven't seen the theme.

Further alterations can be made for a fee, PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]
    Last edited by wraith_5_0; 05-23-10 at 05:08 PM.
    pinkyarcade likes this.
    05-14-10 01:59 PM
    trust me guys, this is one you want one you want to check out!
    05-14-10 02:02 PM
    Thank you sooo much, this theme is wonderful ! =D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 02:05 PM
    Thanks awesome!!!!
    05-14-10 02:14 PM
    Wow!! I simply am in loss of words! :O
    Thank you very much!!
    05-14-10 02:37 PM
    I think I just found my "at home" theme. Nice work.

05-14-10 03:28 PM
    Truly awesome!!!! thank YOU!!!!!

btw, i tried joining your BBM theme grp and I got this "Joining BP Theme Testing"...
    This invitation has expired or has already been used by someone else...... I would love to join this grp, any suggestions?
    05-14-10 03:35 PM
    Dude, you ROCK! Thanks ... Awesome theme!!!
    05-14-10 03:44 PM
    I think I just found my "at home" theme. Nice work.

05-14-10 03:52 PM
    Very nice indeed!
    It would be my main theme now!

Where is weather slot commented in the other post?
    I tought it was on the top

"4 "home screens"
    -One displays wallpaper
    -Two displays Today area w/ Weather slot
    -Three displays "manage" section w/
    --Contacts
    --Manage connections
    --Memos
    --Tasks
    --Calculator
    --Options
    -Four displays "user" screen w/ 7 customizable icons"

Can you explain a little the Icons on each screen please?
    Last edited by enotar; 05-14-10 at 04:18 PM.
    05-14-10 04:11 PM
    theme is great but fonts are too small =S cant read
    05-14-10 04:31 PM
    Very nice indeed!
    It would be my main theme now!

Where is weather slot commented in the other post?
    I tought it was on the top

"4 "home screens"
    -One displays wallpaper
    -Two displays Today area w/ Weather slot
    -Three displays "manage" section w/
    --Contacts
    --Manage connections
    --Memos
    --Tasks
    --Calculator
    --Options
    -Four displays "user" screen w/ 7 customizable icons"

Can you explain a little the Icons on each screen please?
    place the weather icon on the first slot on the app screen and it will appear in the bottom row of the today screen the second icon onwards in the app screen will be you customised icons
    05-14-10 04:37 PM
    I totally agree. I had to stop using it b/c of the super small font...it's also hard to read with the dark highlights for selection. But all in all great theme
    05-14-10 04:54 PM
    I'm lovin it, thank you! I like the smaller font, but its just my preference.
    05-14-10 04:59 PM
    Could somebody post the guy versions wallpaper?
    05-14-10 05:02 PM
    i was lucky enough to get the last "his" copy..the theme looks great in my opinion, and i want to keep it active, however i find it much to difficult to navigate thru the home screens using the trackball (running on my 9630). is it possible to perhaps make it so the home screens are switched by the press of a key rather than scrolling with the trackball? the problem i am having is that when i reach my desired homescreen, out of habit i begin to scroll left or right to select my desired application, which instead results in the switch of homescreens, which leads to frustration rather than productivity.

i like the idea of the 4 homescreens, it makes sense since i am always debating which icons to place there on themes which only have 1 to use, clearly RIM sees this is a good idea as well as it is going to be implemented into OS 6. however i feel the trackball is just not as suitable for using "gestures" as compared to a touch screen. with that being said, i know that this theme is designed for the 9700s track pad, which i admit i have only very little experience using (never on the bold actually, but on the curve 8530),but in theory seems like it would handle the homescreen switching much smoother than the tours janky *** trackball. I hate to ask you to change or customize something that you obviously worked hard on, when im a random person on the internet who got it for free, but since i am stuck with my tour (4th one!) and i shall most likely never see the light of true OS 6 on my device, do you think you could make a version with hot keys to switch screens? maybe O and P? or Q and P? or Q and W? i am not sure exactly what this would require, as i have no idea how to build themes, so forgive me if i sound ignorant, but i think those layouts would be nice as they all reflect the natural position in which the user holds the the device, either with left, right, or both hands.

hope you will consider,
    thanks

BTW
    tried to join your group via barcode but got an error. would like to join if theres an open spot.
    05-14-10 06:09 PM
    I don't know what's going on w/ the group barcode, try this:

If that still doesn't work PM me your PIN and I'll invite you.
    05-14-10 06:58 PM
    And as far as the theme goes, I've gotten feedback about the small fonts, the scrolling speed, and the menu colors. I'll look into things over the next few days and see what I can do.
    05-14-10 07:00 PM
    Same issue here. Running 9630., Font way too small, maybe user customizable would be better. I think contacts should be pink on female version as well. Scrolling is definitely very difficult. Love the concept, especially with 1 and 1/2 year left on contract. Close as I may get to 6.0. Need a lighter transparent screen. Nice size real estate?

05-14-10 07:14 PM
    I think Fonts are maybe too small but the font color should be brighter to help.
    I have hard time see for the color of the font and contrast color(ex: Options).

Now about navigation; change of tabs are very sensible on trackpad, you should add a small delay to avoid mistakes.

The second line at top with profile and clock should be a little bigger

That's about it
    05-14-10 08:11 PM
    Looks nice but navigating through it is a pain. I also get 2 sms and mms icon on the home screen?
    05-14-10 08:58 PM

just wanted to say i love this theme.... i think THIS OS6 theme is better than the premium ones, being totally honest. definitely gonna be using this one for a while... just saying thanks!
    05-14-10 09:44 PM
    Excellent!!!!!
    05-14-10 09:53 PM
    i can't read a thing, but nice theme for those with good eyesight lol
    05-14-10 10:01 PM
    Thanks for the nice work ! Any idea how to replace the icons to my preference at the today bar?

05-14-10 10:09 PM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD