please help me. i installed a theeme on my 9700.and now my phone is completely frozen....nothing works on it. Ive done a batt pull probaly 9 or 10 times and i keep getting the white error.screen. does anyone have any suggestions pleassssssse

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 12:12 AM
    reload the os
    02-05-10 12:17 AM
    Same thing happened to me after installing a theme. I had to reload the OS.. Now I'm traumatized and scared to load any more themes.

02-05-10 12:27 AM
    i cant i dont have a computer. i'm totally distraught

02-05-10 12:28 AM
    i cant i dont have a computer. i'm totally distraught

You're definitely going to need to get near one asap.. It's the only way... Sorry.

02-05-10 12:30 AM
    Same thing happened to me after installing a theme. I had to reload the OS.. Now I'm traumatized and scared to load any more themes.

I'm completely lost w/o my phone this is so horrible. I dont think I'll ever download another theme again.

02-05-10 12:32 AM
    Well I didn't want to give up on my beloved Berry so, after pleading with her to PLEASE work again for mommy, I thought I would do 1 more batt pull....and it worked!!!!! Yes my baby is running smooth as if this never happened. I lost count of the number of batt pulls I did, I think the 12th was the charm. Btw I've deleted all themes from my phone with the exception of my 2 favs. Wheww now I can sleep in peace

02-05-10 01:00 AM
    Battery pulls ftw. Glad u got your baby back

02-05-10 03:36 AM
    If you don't mind my asking, what theme was it that caused it? It'd be good to know in order to avoid running into this same issue.

02-05-10 03:52 AM
    Hope you didn't erase the default theme your going to need...

02-05-10 03:52 AM
    Yup Never Delete the default them lol. Your phone needs it to reload the os..
    02-05-10 04:40 AM
    What is it with the 9700 and themes? I had to wipe my phone 2 times because of a theme I downloaded or I couldn't make a good back up because there was this message about a theme bla bla bla...I never had this problem with my bold 9000!
    02-05-10 05:27 AM
    Hi guys, I'm as happy as can be....oh man I was really sad last nite. And I misspoke(if that is a word) btw...I deleted all themes that weren't default except 2. I don't know why I keep trying themes b/c I already have a great one that fits all my needs...it must be my theme addiction

Batt pulls FTW baby, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!.

02-05-10 08:13 AM
    What theme was it?
    02-05-10 08:23 AM
    Hi guys, I'm as happy as can be....oh man I was really sad last nite. And I misspoke(if that is a word) btw...I deleted all themes that weren't default except 2. I don't know why I keep trying themes b/c I already have a great one that fits all my needs...it must be my theme addiction

Batt pulls FTW baby, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!.

Glad you were able to fix it iluvbb...I know your bb is brand new !
    That happened to me last weekend and I felt sick.
    A battery pull didn't work for me though.
    I had a 523 error...white screen,
    but I found a very good post called 'quick fix for error 523'
    that worked.
    I shouted 'YES' when everything came back without having to reinstall my OS etc. (i think my family thought i was really losing it...lol)

This is how I fixed it :
    Go into Computer, Local Disk, Program Files, Common Files. Look for Research in motion. Open the folder, look for the app folder, then look for “AppLoader” the application file. Click on it to open that up and connect your phone to the computer, let it load up all the stuff if it seems to get stuck press the reset on your phone and should knock some sense into it. It will bring up all your downloaded application and themes so 'uncheck the theme that gave you the error and remove it. Your phone should turn back on without losing any info and without having to wipe it or reload your OS.
    Last edited by wendyb5724; 02-05-10 at 08:49 AM.
    02-05-10 08:38 AM
    What theme was it?
    Yea could we find out what theme it was that reeked all the havoc?
    02-05-10 08:45 AM
    Yea could we find out what theme it was that reeked all the havoc?
    Honestly guys I don't feel good about putting that info out there...I don't want to cause the theme maker any embarrassment, nor do I won't any sort of beef or bad feelings with anyone on this forum (I've seen the beef over themes and what not and it's not pretty)

Maybe a pm to those wanting to know will solve that problem.

Wendy....you know I song all kind of praises on the personalized wallie thread when I got my baby...she's only about 3 weeks old....glad yours was fixed too. Thanks for that info
    02-05-10 09:28 AM
    you know you could have put the device into "safe mode" to stop any of your apps/themes from loading and you could have deleted the theme that way, and only have gone thru 1 battery pull possibly... lol

always remember if a battery pull didnt work, then try booting in safe mode... if safe mode doesn't work then you need to reload the OS

Link to how to get into safe mode: Turn on safe mode
    Last edited by C_86; 02-05-10 at 09:36 AM.
    02-05-10 09:32 AM
    you know you could have put the device into "safe mode" to stop any of your apps/themes from loading and you could have deleted the theme that way, and only have gone thru 1 battery bull possibly... lol

always remember if a battery pull didnt work, then try booting in safe mode... if safe mode doesn't work then you need to reload the OS

I didn't know that....thanks!
    02-05-10 09:35 AM
    you know you could have put the device into "safe mode" to stop any of your apps/themes from loading and you could have deleted the theme that way, and only have gone thru 1 battery pull possibly... lol

Thanks alot for this tip!!
    02-05-10 10:02 AM
    Nevermind, I'm just grumpy.
    Last edited by haggisgirl; 02-05-10 at 10:54 AM.
    02-05-10 10:51 AM
    I'm curious how the OP was posting if she didn't have a computer and her BB was "frozen".
    Lol, via my husband's Samsung Impression-I didn't want to waste anytime asking for help. BTW, It was extremely time consuming and weird typing on it, after using BB
    02-05-10 10:54 AM

I didn't know that either....thx
    02-05-10 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD