Dear all,

I have a problem with today theme , it support preview SMS but I don't see any SMS in home screen on Today theme ( it's blank). I am using OS 5.0.0.330 (default of T-Mobile).

Do you have any idea suggest to me ? Could I update SMS module of current OS version to OS 5.0.0.680 or 5.0.0.743 ? If could, how to upgrade ?

I really appreciate your kindness!!
    Edit/Delete Message
    07-07-10 01:40 AM
    that doesnt have anything to do with the SMS modules, it has to do with the t-mobile today theme which is built into the phone depending on carrier, not by OS or SMS modules.
    07-07-10 01:59 AM
    But I'm in use a third party theme today and it support to preview SMS. I don't use today theme of T-Mobile.

I reviewed some articles about "preview SMS" in this forum and I found that the newest OS 743 can preview SMS when we upgrade. So, I think we can upgrade SMS module ( or Message Module...some things like that..) to preview SMS on today theme.

Any idea suggest for me ???
    07-07-10 02:32 AM
    i have no idea! i have updated my OS with every leak, so now i'm on .743, and i still am not able to get any SMS preview. i know i've seen this feature before, but i'm pretty sure it was back in the days of when you could set the SMS and e-mail inboxes to be combined, theme controlled, or separate. that option seems to have disappeared, but i do remember having to have the SMS and e-mail inboxes be combined to see the SMS preview in the today themes (all my themes were t-mobile, normal themes).

long story short, i have no idea how to help you but i know what you're talking about, it's annoying for me too, and i too would appreciate anyone's help haha
    07-07-10 02:52 AM
    SMS previews started showing on the home screen when using 3rd party today themes back in 5.0.0.536

They also show on .593 .656 .680 and .743 but not with any other OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 03:13 AM
    I agree with Dictoresno I think that its the theme not the SMS Modules. I would say maybe try a new theme or unlock all the vendor themes and use the ATT one or Rogers or something.

07-07-10 03:13 AM
    I don't think this bug was caused by theme today. I tried with 3 - 4 themes today with the same results ( blank in message on home screen ). May be I wouldn't have to upgrade my current OS ( sorry, I'm a little bit lazy). Any idea if I replace Message Modules of current OS with the newer version.
    07-07-10 04:07 AM
    I agree with Dictoresno I think that its the theme not the SMS Modules. I would say maybe try a new theme or unlock all the vendor themes and use the ATT one or Rogers or something.
    Nice thought... but wrong

SMS previews don't show on any of the vendor themes, only on 3rd party today themes with the feature enabled, and only on OS .536 .593 .656 .680 and .743

07-07-10 04:09 AM
    I don't think this bug was caused by theme today. I tried with 3 - 4 themes today with the same results ( blank in message on home screen ). May be I wouldn't have to upgrade my current OS ( sorry, I'm a little bit lazy). Any idea if I replace Message Modules of current OS with the newer version.
    It's not a bug, it's just a feature of the newer OS builds.

You won't get them showing on .330 and it's doubtful replacing the modules will work either.

If you want it, you'll have to upgrade.

07-07-10 04:14 AM
    SMS previews started showing on the home screen when using 3rd party today themes back in 5.0.0.536

They also show on .593 .656 .680 and .743 but not with any other OS.

Phill_UK , you think I can replace my SMS module by 1 of 4 your recommended OS .593 .656 .680 and .743 to preview SMS ???
    07-07-10 04:15 AM
    Phill_UK , you think I can replace my SMS module by 1 of 4 your recommended OS .593 .656 .680 and .743 to preview SMS ???
    I don't think so Nick

I believe the SMS modules just manage input characteristics.
    The preview feature will be hard coded into the core modules.

07-07-10 04:28 AM
    Last night, I have upgraded my OS to .743 and ...wow.. preview SMS as Phill said . However, I found down that not all of today theme ( support previewing SMS ) can show SMS for you. Only some of them can show previewing SMS as : Brisk v1.2 by MMDesign,..
    Now I haven't found yet other "standard" today SMS theme to preview SMS.
    Thanks Phill again, ah you have a optimization source of OS .743 ( java folder) ??
    07-08-10 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD