I found a neat little trick with the 9700, i'm running 5.0.0.371. I don't know if that will matter....

but the new OS gives you an option to change native themes from "today" to "zen" and back with out changing the actual theme.....

I'm going to show pictures for those that cannot picture what i'm saying...

Options > settings > theme > highlight the active theme's options scroll down to " Layout " and you can change it there,

(yes i also have this posted in the 9700 discussion section)
    12-04-09 07:46 AM
    I found a neat little trick with the 9700, i'm running 5.0.0.371. I don't know if that will matter....

Here's another trick...when your on the above screen, click the BB menu key...choose options and then make your change. I never noticed that feature before either.

Also, could you please repost your example w/ pics using the "PETA_TODD_STRIPS_16 Wallpaper" that you've got going there.
    12-04-09 08:10 AM
    Very nice. I will try it soon
    12-04-09 08:34 AM
    Here's another trick...when your on the above screen, click the BB menu key...choose options and then make your change. I never noticed that feature before either.

Also, could you please repost your example w/ pics using the "PETA_TODD_STRIPS_16 Wallpaper" that you've got going there.
    PM me with your email and i'll email it to you... the mods might not like me posting it here.....
    12-04-09 09:49 AM
    That is great info! I will have to do a search to learn some more tricks about the OS 5.0! Thanks~!
    12-04-09 10:24 AM
    Mine will only let me do it from the Applications menu screen pressing the BlackBerry menu button and then going to options. It must be the .371 you are running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 11:17 PM
    Mine will only let me do it from the Applications menu screen pressing the BlackBerry menu button and then going to options. It must be the .371 you are running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Same! I'm on .344 and only have that option on the apps screen.
    01-17-10 11:51 PM
    Love your secondary wallpaper option!!
    01-17-10 11:53 PM
    This is also available on the official .423.
    01-18-10 01:09 AM
    On .405 I can only change it from the application screen.

Also, when I change for example the blackberrybliss theme to today, it does not show the theme wallpaper on the home screen anymore, but a stock wallpaper instead. Any ideas how I can get the custom theme wallpaper back in the home screen with today view?

Thanks,
    florian
    01-18-10 06:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD