Not sure if it's the maker or me, I've only had my 9700 (running 5.0) for a few days. A lot of the today themes I download have nothing on the today screen when I switch to them. No calendar entries, just the icons on the bottom. I've triple checked and tried a bunch of different ones and they all do the same thing.

If I go to the icon screen and hit menu-options and then change the layout to 'today' my berry gives me my stock shipped-with theme homescreen from Rogers!

I have tried battery pulls and triple checked the requirements and I do have one theme that seems to work fine (a BarbieW one from Pimpmyberry) but I can't seem to get any Emarsha themes or a few other designers to work. Help?

Thanks!
    12-24-09 09:41 AM
    Only the default calendar entries for whatever calendar you have is going to show on the home screen...go to Options - Advanced Options - Default Services and look under the "CICAL" and see what it has set for that. Then go to your calendar and look where you calendar entries are depending on the device or email or whatnot.
    12-24-09 10:29 AM
    I was going to post a simliar topic, so thanks for this one.

I'm not having any issues with calendar entries, and knew that it only chooses your "default" calendar and e-mail, but I can't get messages to stay on the screen once they're read. Is this how it's supposed to behave? Is there any way to change it?

If it matters, the only Today theme I use is the one that came with the leaked 5.0.0.230 for the Tour
    12-24-09 10:46 AM
    Thanks Brian, but all my calendar entries are under the proper email address which is the cical default as well (I went through that issue in the summer with my old 8310!). I tried the Reverie theme here and it works okay, so I'm thinking maybe I just can't use themes by particular makers even though my device and OS is listed. Thank you though!
    12-24-09 10:58 AM
    I was going to post a simliar topic, so thanks for this one.

I'm not having any issues with calendar entries, and knew that it only chooses your "default" calendar and e-mail, but I can't get messages to stay on the screen once they're read. Is this how it's supposed to behave? Is there any way to change it?

If it matters, the only Today theme I use is the one that came with the leaked 5.0.0.230 for the Tour
    That's the way the theme works with the today entries for the mail, once read they go away from the screen

Thanks Brian, but all my calendar entries are under the proper email address which is the cical default as well (I went through that issue in the summer with my old 8310!). I tried the Reverie theme here and it works okay, so I'm thinking maybe I just can't use themes by particular makers even though my device and OS is listed. Thank you though!
    It shouldn't matter by who the maker is but it may be if your trying to use a different theme model (8900, 9600, etc). This new theme builder is a little finicky at times it seems and I'm having issues with it when I try and export things for testing
    12-24-09 11:51 AM
    Oh how embarrassing. I think I solved my problem. These are HIDDEN today themes, which means I need to roll over the calendar on the first screen to see the appointments. Right?

Sigh.
    12-24-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD