How should I remove my default carrier themes
    I have 3 themes which I don't need,
    And there is no option of delete under theme section.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 04:03 AM
    You can use "shrink-a-os" to remove themes BEFORE you load the os!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-30-10 05:31 AM
    And if you remove the themes completely be prepared to reload them after first boot since the screen will either give a reload software error or your icons will look like tiny versions and most likely be colorless.
    04-30-10 05:59 AM
    plus when you remove them any themes you download to install wont run properly because they rely on some of the functions of the ones on your phone
    04-30-10 06:19 AM
    You can remove the .cod files from your phone using http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/ or BBSAK.

You need to use CrackUtil to find files and then remove named net_rim_theme_voda*.cod. The * denotes that other characters may be resent here.

The steps you need to take are as follows:
    1). Select a different theme to use before you start
    2). DO NOT remove the RIM Precision Zen theme as this contains display libraries that you need for ALL themes.
    3). Use CrackUtil to find and remove the files. You phone will probably reboot after you remove each file.

If you are running Windows 7 then after the CrackUtil install, you must move the CrackUtil folder from Profgram Files to C:\ since there are security issues with running a second program from a first within Program Files. Sorry.
    04-30-10 08:02 AM
    what you can do though, is remove certain .cod files from the OS prior to installing, to get rid of things like sample vids and wallpapers, games, etc.... saves quite a few MB's of app memory... you can do it manually from the 'Shared/Java' folder or use apps like BBSAK or CrackMem... you have to be careful not to remove essential files... some are obviously named, others - if you don't know - leave them...
    04-30-10 08:03 AM
    lol.... same type of response a minute apart... classic.
    04-30-10 08:04 AM
    what you can do though, is remove certain .cod files from the OS prior to installing, to get rid of things like sample vids and wallpapers, games, etc.... saves quite a few MB's of app memory... you can do it manually from the 'Shared/Java' folder or use apps like BBSAK or CrackMem... you have to be careful not to remove essential files... some are obviously named, others - if you don't know - leave them...
    You are right, CrackMem http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/ will remove files prior to OS install but if you install the exact same 9700 OS on your PC as is on your phone then CrackMem can remove the theme files as it normally would prior to OS install AND THE you run Desktop Manager and it removes the required files for you. We discovered this after I had written CrackMem. This feature is documented in CrackMem's Help file.

I did not mention it earlier since you need to download and install the same OS release as is on your phone and finding this can be a challenge.
    04-30-10 08:14 AM
    thanks man,
    i have 3 pree installed themes.
    which takes some device memory..
    i hate this ..
    so have decided to remove them....
    04-30-10 11:21 AM
    thanks man,
    i have 3 pree installed themes.
    which takes some device memory..
    i hate this ..
    so have decided to remove them....
    Many folk do this, me included. Just don't remove the RIM Precision Zen theme. You really, really, really need this theme on your phone.
    04-30-10 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD