Ok, I know I'll get a ton of crap for asking, but I've spent the last 2 hours reading here and I need help. If nothing else, tell me what to search for...cuz I've tried...

I have a brand new 9700, just got it today, and have to activate it tomorrow with our company, meaning I have only have a few more hours to download all I can, before they apply the IT Policy and lock me out.... I dl the Section8 theme, BBweather, and Beweather...I want to have my home screen show the weather using the Section8 theme, and perhaps other themes. After switching to Section8 and having the weather apps, no weather is on the screen, like the posts in this thread. I must be missing something on how to make that happen. Is it have to do with moving icons to slots?? If yes, how do you do that? Again, I only have so much time, so I can't spend days reading through all the info on this site...

And last question, if you only had hours to dl, what would you get before the door closes, in terms of apps, themes, etc?

Thanks
    02-04-10 10:00 AM
    I'd get QuickLaunch, Google Maps, Poynt, FindMeHere, BerryBuzz and BerryJoose...good luck!
    02-04-10 10:42 AM
    I agree with RickyRoss on QuickLaunch, BerryBuzz and BerryJoose. I also like Shazam and QuickPull Pro so I can schedule resets while I'm asleep. I also really like the Digita-L World and Eminence themes by KSW1.

To move the icons, from the homescreen, press the menu button, scroll to the icon you want to move and press the menu button again and select "Move" or "Move to Folder".
    02-04-10 11:17 AM
    I assume those are all free

searching now for them....
    02-04-10 11:18 AM
    Only Google Maps and Poynt are free, but the rest are well worth it.
    02-04-10 11:27 AM
    Quicklaunch, Berryjoose, Berrybuzz are paid apps. Quicklaunch is a must have.

Essential free apps for me- Poynt, Google Maps, Quickpull (light version), Bolt browser, Viigo RSS reader, Windows Messenger, Facebook, Worldmate, one of a free weather app (Beweather, weatherbug, weathereye) is useful to have.

If you are not planning to get Quicklaunch, Onyxia ver 2 is a great theme to have as it essentially gives you all the slots you need on the home screen. Foppa 6 is another one that has numerous slots and looks clean.

If you do get Quicklaunch, get one of Dannieloco's themes- Blackberrry Bliss (all bugs should have been ironed out by now- ver 1.4) has everything and feels/ looks better than many premium themes I have seen/ tried. His new Serenity theme has also gotten rave reviews.

3G9700 by Redzapper is another theme I and many forumers like, loads of functionality and very nice looking.

Pimpmyberry is another site for free themes.

Hope this helps
    02-04-10 11:38 AM
    thanks guys! I really appreciate this.

I grabbed what I could, several themes and most all of the above free apps. I don't have PayPal and didn't have time to set it up....dam...

My question about moving icons - I know how to move icons from page to page, and what you move to the top of the home page, is what you see on the short menu. I was asking how those people are getting the weather info to display while the short menu up, and how they got it up in the corner, meaning how do you move icons to the upper slots?
    02-04-10 12:25 PM
    I'd get QuickLaunch, Google Maps, Poynt, FindMeHere, BerryBuzz and BerryJoose...good luck!
    I agree with RickyRoss on QuickLaunch, BerryBuzz and BerryJoose. I also like Shazam and QuickPull Pro so I can schedule resets while I'm asleep. I also really like the Digita-L World and Eminence themes by KSW1.

To move the icons, from the homescreen, press the menu button, scroll to the icon you want to move and press the menu button again and select "Move" or "Move to Folder".
    Along with the suggestions mentioned above. 8 Bottom hidden today theme is also awesome by Scoot05redss...plenty of shortcut keys. And don't forget your music..I love Slacker.
    02-04-10 12:26 PM
    thanks guys! I really appreciate this.

I grabbed what I could, several themes and most all of the above free apps. I don't have PayPal and didn't have time to set it up....dam...

My question about moving icons - I know how to move icons from page to page, and what you move to the top of the home page, is what you see on the short menu. I was asking how those people are getting the weather info to display while the short menu up, and how they got it up in the corner, meaning how do you move icons to the upper slots?
    If you mean you want to show a weather icon on the homescreen, say in the upper left hand corner, than the theme has to have that slot in it. Usually the thememaker will indicate when he releases the theme what slot on the second "page" is for the weather icon. Hope this helps.
    02-04-10 12:38 PM
    Hurry!

i use Poynt a lot!

i enjoy listening to Slacker Radio

MaraTick is a great free list app!

BerryBuzz is useful!

BerryBuzz extends your default Blackberry alert system. BerryBuzz allows you to customize the LED color and create repeating audible reminders for many alert types.

It will repeat alerts until acknowledged so you will never miss an alert again.

DriveSafe.ly

DriveSafe.ly is a service that
    makes TXTing and E-Mail safe while driving.

Here's what it offers:

* A service that reads your TXT and E-Mails out loud.
    * An Auto-Responder for TXT and E-Mails.
    * The best premium voices.

Vlingo

With Vlingo you can instantly send a text message, call a friend, search the web using Google or Yahoo!, update your Facebook or Twitter status and more by just speaking. Vlingo is the fastest way to get things done on your BlackBerry.

BerryAnnoying works perfectly on the Tour.

berTwitter does it for me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 12:41 PM
    Google Latitude

Fandango

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 12:43 PM
    Thanks again guys, I figured it out...the upper slots are simply on row 2 on the full screen...duh...

For music, i have a micro sd card, so I can just copy music to the card when I want to add that stuff. My objective today was to install what I could, as all downloads and installs are blocked after they activate it.

Thanks again!
    02-04-10 12:43 PM
    to get the weather in the top corner you need to get a theme with a weather slot in that spot. The theme will say that it has a weather slot.
    02-04-10 12:58 PM
    to get the weather in the top corner you need to get a theme with a weather slot in that spot. The theme will say that it has a weather slot.
    Looks like I wasn't quick enough.
    02-04-10 01:01 PM
    Thanks again, got those and I have the weather in the top center on Section8, looks great!

I love this site!!!!!
    02-04-10 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD