I use a couple of mailadresses through my blackberry, but I have a strange thing when I change a theme.

See my screenshot:
    Attachment 49376

At the lower part of the screen you see 4 mailbox icons, but only 3 changed as the theme should do. The only one which doesn't change is the Gmail icon.

I tried uninstalling the theme and uninstalling the mailbox, but nothing works. Tried to search the forum, but also no success.

Can anybody help me?
    12-22-09 06:45 AM
    My gf is having the same issue. She only has Gmail and her theme wouldn't open up her Gmail icon but freezes up. To get out of the freeze, I have to press the Call End button so that the trackpad cursor is working again. She also has 2 Gmail icons which should only be one. I tried deleting the email off the BIS site and re-adding with no success.

Can anyone help with this? I'm thinking about wiping out the entire device and re-installing her OS but this would be a last resort.
    12-22-09 07:03 AM
    I had the issue of 2 gmail icons before. A battery pull fixed that.

As far as your gmail icon not changing with the theme I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the gmail enhancement plugin? Just a guess on that tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 07:07 AM
    I think this problem that both of you are having has something to do with the new G-mail plug-in feature ... because I have the same issue as both of you but I've learned to just deal with it ... unless someone knows how to get rid of this issue??
    12-22-09 07:08 AM

As far as your gmail icon not changing with the theme I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the gmail enhancement plugin? Just a guess on that tho.

How can I check that? Don't know if the 9700 has that as a standard feature? Because I didn't install it.
    12-22-09 07:09 AM
    It came on my 9700 standard. I didn't have to install it.
    Go to your email box then hit menu and go to options.
    If you have an option for enhanced gmail plug-in options, then you have it.

12-22-09 07:14 AM

I'm going to ask her to delete her custom theme, revert back to the stock theme, do a battery pull and hopefully see if this will fix the issue. Will check back in later today.
    12-22-09 07:15 AM
    It came on my 9700 standard. I didn't have to install it.
    Go to your email box then hit menu and go to options.
    If you have an option for enhanced gmail plug-in options, then you have it.

The Gmail plug-in is installed automatically when you setup a Gmail email account on your Blackberry.
    12-22-09 07:16 AM
    I never noticed this since I hide all mail icons and only use the messages icon.

Mine is the same as the pic for gmail. I did not install the gmail plug in.

12-22-09 07:18 AM
    The Gmail plug-in is installed automatically when you setup a Gmail email account on your Blackberry.
    I kinda thought so.. On my 8900 when I added a Gmail account it sent me an email asking me to download it, but didn't do it this time.

12-22-09 07:18 AM
    It is because of the gmail plugin. I solved the issue by downloading my OS and opening up the loader folder (I'm using windows xp on a mac) by going to program files>common files>Research in Motion>shared>loader files.

Once you open that folder you will see quite a few alx files, go to the one marked "net_rim_bb_gmail" open it in notepad and hit edit. Go to find and type in true. It will take you to a line saying required. Change true to false. Save, close and run the app loader.

Hope this helps

12-22-09 07:27 AM
    Indeed, I also have the enhanced gmail plug-in. Rather wouldn't change the OS itself, isn't there any other workaround?
    12-22-09 07:43 AM
    So no solution yet? Do we have to wait for another release or do we have to wait until theme editors will make a theme which can deal with this?
    12-23-09 09:54 AM
    its because you have the enhanced gmail plugin installed
    12-23-09 09:57 AM
    its because you have the enhanced gmail plugin installed
    Yeah, I know, but how to handle with it? I would like to uninstall it or so. I am not using it, so I won't miss it. But there seems to be no option to uninstall
    12-23-09 09:59 AM
    Just resend service books if this happens and all the extra folders should disappear. This works for me, and avoids me having to do a battery pull.
    12-24-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD