I decided to try and program my own theme, having a few issues but finally got one to work. The idea is based off of the WinBerry Ultimate theme for the start menu. Love that theme but wanted a few more buttons so I decided to create my own, this theme has 11 application buttons based on personal preference and 9 stationary unchangable buttons via start menu and calendar and clock. This is my first theme so please be easy of the criticism. Your comments and suggestions are welcome and well be considered for future updates!!!

Here is the OTA link
    Windows 11 Theme - Click Here

Name: WINDOWS
    Device: Bold 9700

Version: 1.10
    Known Errors: 3 focus Items not hiding upon start, not sure why, they were once. Easy fix, simply run cursor over icons once!
    Fixes: None

Version: 1.11
    Known Errors: None
    Fixes: Fixed focus items not hiding upon start!

Version: 1.12
    Fixes: Removed power button to allow theme to work with new operating version 5.0.0.442

Version: 1.20
    Fixes: Changed font style and size to match Windows 7 Aero default, made start button smaller to match

Version: 1.21
    Known Errors: Start button stays hilited upon install until cursor does mouseover
    Fixes: Changed icons to better suit Windows 7 Aero default, made start button glow like Windows 7

Version: 1.30
    Known Errors: Start button stays hilited upon install until cursor does mouseover
    Updates: Added 2nd button in upper left corner similar to weather button on right side. Seperated Calendar & Date buttons.
    Fixes: Extended length of today area and added 5th event

Version: 1.31
    Fixes: Fixed typo error with application slots

Screenshots:

Hope some of you enjoy, cheers!!!
    Last edited by daboysjason; 12-02-10 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Updated picture links
    01-25-10 04:38 PM
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing and keepin' it free!
    01-25-10 05:24 PM
    Is there a way to add a spot for a weather app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 07:18 PM
    I really like this. I think you did a great job with it. Keep up the good work!
    01-25-10 07:34 PM
    That is SOOO cool-thanks for sharing!!!!
    01-25-10 07:35 PM
    Is there a way to add a spot for a weather app?

I'm sure there is and I will for sure look into it, bare with me though as this is my first blackberry and Ive only had it a week, so still trying to figure out the phone, never mind the programming of this....lol, but I'm sure you will see it soon enough. Thanks all for your kind words and your very welcome for sharing, and anything I do is always free!!!
    01-25-10 07:49 PM
    Man are you sure you've only had your 1st blackberry?? It looks awesome!! Keep up the good work bro! Btw, think you can add in a today function?

01-25-10 10:51 PM
    great job nice theme, really liking it..
    01-25-10 10:53 PM
    really like this theme thanks
    01-25-10 11:03 PM
    wtf i have downloaded it twice, and its showing up in my app list but not in my themes
    01-25-10 11:23 PM
    wtf i have downloaded it twice, and its showing up in my app list but not in my themes
    Unfortantly this theme is only compatiable with OS version 5.0, I designed it for the Bold 9700. I know the curve does not yet support version 5.0, sorry! Not sure if this is the problem, anyone else having any issues???
    Last edited by daboysjason; 01-26-10 at 08:27 AM.
    01-26-10 08:22 AM
    Man are you sure you've only had your 1st blackberry?? It looks awesome!! Keep up the good work bro! Btw, think you can add in a today function?

There is a hidden today under the date and clock, Hope this is what you are looking for!!!
    01-26-10 08:23 AM
    oh, maybe i should read before i download lol thanks
    01-26-10 08:24 AM
    I'm sure there is and I will for sure look into it, bare with me though as this is my first blackberry and Ive only had it a week, so still trying to figure out the phone, never mind the programming of this....lol, but I'm sure you will see it soon enough. Thanks all for your kind words and your very welcome for sharing, and anything I do is always free!!!
    I know nothing about theme making, but if you can, a dedicated weather slot across from the clock would be perfect.
    01-26-10 08:30 AM
    the start button/menu is great!
    01-26-10 08:37 AM
    help please, iam new to the site. how do I download this theme to my bb. I really like it.
    01-28-10 11:07 PM
    I downloaded theme and the windows start menu circle thing is not even there any idea

01-29-10 07:33 AM
    Same happened with me. Also the icons were faded and blurred to the point you had to roll over them to see what they were. The only icons that were "normal" were the ones that are ATT bloatware. This is unusable as is. I had to do a battery pull. When the same problems occurred on reload I deleted it.

01-29-10 12:09 PM
    I know nothing about theme making, but if you can, a dedicated weather slot across from the clock would be perfect.
    Have you been able to try to add a dedicated weather app slot?
    01-29-10 07:15 PM
    Looks like a great theme can't wait to try it out!

01-30-10 02:23 AM
    I downloaded theme and the windows start menu circle thing is not even there any idea

Sorry, I've been out of town for 3 weeks and haven't had time to upload the new files, please try again and let me know if there are any issues.
    02-21-10 11:34 AM
    kick **** job man
    02-21-10 08:27 PM
    I've updated the pictures to show the current release, basically I added a slot for a weather application in the upper right, moved the calendar date and time to the bottom right. Made the button highlight the same as the original. Hope you enjoy!
    02-25-10 04:21 PM
    cool idea and for the most part well executed. It might just be the screen cap but the start menu icon looks pixelated, like you enlarged a smaller image.

I'd suggest a default microsoft font like arial throughout the theme for consistency. comic sans and snap dont say "windows" to me.
    02-26-10 11:29 AM
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this theme. You did an amazing job...I bounce around from theme to theme trying to find the perfect one and I think I finally found it. Thanks!!!
    03-15-10 10:14 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD