***Added hotkey for SMS ($) and spacebar for QuickLaunch which many of you have requested. I also extended and enlarged the app status text on the front screen. **** I've also removed the Slide transition from the home screen to app screen. It is now zoom.

Here are the themes with the new updates:
    Original V1 9700Zen, Hidden Today, Weather Slot, Transitions
    V2
    V2.2 (basically V2 w/ no transitions)
    9700Zen L

Hi Everyone...

I found myself not liking all of these custom themes and constantly going back to the default stock look. So, I made a theme that is identical but with more features.

This theme includes all the same icons, menus, colors, etc as the default theme but I included a hidden today feature for calendar and messages (not sms), transitions between screens and menus, and a spot for a weather app in the upper right. I love it and I hope you do too.

NOTE: Do not place your Calendar or Messages icon on the very left or very right. If you do so, you will not be able to scroll through the hidden today preview.

V1

V2

L Version

OTA Links:
    9700Zen, Hidden Today, Weather Slot, Transitions: ota
    V2 9700Zen, Hidden Today, Weather Slot, Transitions :ota
    V2.2 No Transitions: ota

Alternate Versions (As requested by other members)
    9700Zen, Permanent today, Weather Slot, Transitions: ota
    9700Zen, No Hidden Today, Weather Slot, Transitions: ota
    9700Zen,Hidden Today, Weather Slot, No Transitions: ota
    9700Zen, hidden today only, no transitions, no weather:ota

L Versions:
    9700Zen L : ota
    9700Zen L Permanent Today: ota

Donations are appreciated. Thanks!
    Pay Pal Donate Here

Thanks!!
    Last edited by greystealth; 04-30-10 at 10:42 PM. Reason: added new version
    Madfingaz likes this.
    12-08-09 07:31 PM
    Great theme! Just what I was lookin for!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 08:27 PM
    great theme..only ONE thing I'd change..when you scroll over the BBM icon and there's a new message..it automatically opens it..sometimes I like to ignore messages until I'm ready to respond..can't do that if they see that you've read it ..otherwise, exactly what I was looking for!
    12-08-09 08:51 PM
    looks good trying it out ... Just installed .. just a tip when making the theme .. select render homescreen over banner ( that way the weather icon won't be faded by the banner) aside from that its perfect ..

thanks
    Last edited by jsanta11; 12-08-09 at 09:40 PM.
    12-08-09 09:27 PM
    Ah...I will update that and a few other things too. Dunno about the bbm issue stated above. Thx!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 10:13 PM
    Theme has been updated..
    12-09-09 09:34 AM
    Nice changes...

I am interested in getting the weather to show on the lock screen as well.
    12-09-09 10:08 AM
    Love it, love it, love it.

The transitions are brilliant (personally I'd prefer the menu to slide up from the bottom but that's just a personal thing) & I'd also add my vote for the Weather on the lock screen but apart from that just great.

Love the fact that you've kept it pretty much standard with the precision icons. As soon as I see a theme with different icons I'm not interested

Keep up the great work.
    12-09-09 10:43 AM
    Thx! Yea the transitions were just random, I may update them later if more people would prefer something else. Personally, I like the fade in and out.

I'll see if I can get the weather on the lock screen. That may be a limitation of theme developer.
    12-09-09 10:51 AM
    Is there any way you can post a version with your latest changes w/o Today? From what I saw that is just a checkbox. I don't care much for Today anymore because I want to show off a nice wallpaper. Your theme is wallpaper friendly BTW.

I plan on donating as soon as I update my paypal CC info.
    12-09-09 10:56 AM
    Is there any way you can post a version with your latest changes w/o Today? From what I saw that is just a checkbox. I don't care much for Today anymore because I want to show off a nice wallpaper. Your theme is wallpaper friendly BTW.

I plan on donating as soon as I update my paypal CC info.
    Could I request the theme with the today permantely on and not hidden? Apart from that this is just what I want! Thanks
    12-09-09 11:00 AM
    Here is a screenshot with another wallpaper. I would really like to find the sample reiver wallpaper off the 9000 somewhere that has been tweaked for this size screen.....
    12-09-09 11:03 AM
    Nice!

Just what I was looking for with the exception of the bottom banner -- the 9700's default theme has a solid banner running across whereas this one with the individual icon backgrounds is more of a 9000 look. Can you make one with the 9700 style banner?
    12-09-09 11:06 AM
    Nice!

Just what I was looking for with the exception of the bottom banner -- the 9700's default theme has a solid banner running across whereas this one with the individual icon backgrounds is more of a 9000 look. Can you make one with the 9700 style banner?
    Yes PLEASE add the solid bottom banner!
    12-09-09 11:29 AM
    The theme is only hidden today so the today preview only shows up when you highlight the Calendar or Messages icon. If you would like a custom version of this, email me directly and I can get it done for you.
    12-09-09 11:32 AM
    This is a great theme, but it's a shame you increased the Application Name text size on the Home Screen.

It's so big now that my BerryWeather condition text doesn't fit
    12-09-09 11:41 AM
    Well, the text is the same size as the default theme. Even with the small text it will show this for example Blackberry Mess.... I'm not able to adjust that anywhere.
    12-09-09 11:43 AM
    The theme is only hidden today so the today preview only shows up when you highlight the Calendar or Messages icon. If you would like a custom version of this, email me directly and I can get it done for you.

I PM'd ya a bit ago.
    12-09-09 12:11 PM
    Hey guys. I downloaded this theme, but for some reason, it does autodim when i set it to off already. Also, the messages and calendar preview doesn't show up at all. Can anyone help?
    Last edited by flirtaciousboi; 12-09-09 at 01:15 PM.
    12-09-09 01:01 PM
    Hey guys. I downloaded this theme, but for some reason, it does autodim when i set it to off already. Also, the messages and calendar preview doesn't show up at all. Can anyone help?
    Try rebooting your device. Also, do not place the Calendar or Messages icons on the very left or right spots.
    12-09-09 01:53 PM
    Cant do the solid bottom banner. This is included if we do ONLY Zen within Theme Developer. If I do Zen only, it does not allow more than 6 icons on the home screen, therefore, rendering the ability to add a weather slot.

You can only add hidden today and add additional icons if I do a Custom theme. The bottom banner is not included. The banner will probably need to be added to a wallpaper and used in conjunction with the theme.
    12-09-09 02:01 PM
    If you are not using Theme Builder, what are you using?
    12-09-09 02:07 PM
    If you are not using Theme Builder, what are you using?
    I am using Theme Builder. Those are the limitations within it. I've been messing with it and chatting with other developers about it. It sucks!
    12-09-09 02:09 PM
    Try rebooting your device. Also, do not place the Calendar or Messages icons on the very left or right spots.
    The calendar started working. Then I rebooted the device and moved the messages but the messages preview still doesn't work.
    12-09-09 02:33 PM
    Cant do the solid bottom banner. This is included if we do ONLY Zen within Theme Developer. If I do Zen only, it does not allow more than 6 icons on the home screen, therefore, rendering the ability to add a weather slot.

You can only add hidden today and add additional icons if I do a Custom theme. The bottom banner is not included. The banner will probably need to be added to a wallpaper and used in conjunction with the theme.
    Thanks for the detailed explanation but that's not entirely true. You can have both a banner and a 7th slot for weather. Check out this theme here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/zen-374047/

The only thing missing from that theme are hidden messages and calendar.
    Last edited by rudychow; 12-09-09 at 02:38 PM.
    12-09-09 02:34 PM
279 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD