Hey everyone.

because the Crackberry and Themelab community helped me out so much with building this first theme of mine.
    I figured I'd throw it up here for anybody who likes it.

I designed this theme to have a minimalistic look,
    but at the same time have the functionality from the 12 icons, weatherslot and hotkeys.

Features:
    * OS6 icons w/ focus
    * hidable WeatherSlot: slot 1 of the app-screen
    * Hidden Dock with 12 scrolling customisable icons: slot 2 - 13 of the app-screen
    * hotkeys:
    "w" hides weatherslot
    "s" shows weatherslot
    "$" launches SMS/MMS
    "0" launches Profiles
    "f" launches Facebook
    "spacebar" launches QuickLaunch (not tested since I don't have the app myself)
    "+" launches calculator
    "m" launches music
    "c" launches contacts

Supports OS 5.0 non-touch devices with 480 x 360 screen resolution. Tested this on my Bold 9700 using OS 5.0.

Credits

* OS6 iconset w/ focus - Icons Edited by awayu from Blackberry Theme Lab.
    * 'Percentage Battery Style Icons' created by Big Papa from Blackberry Theme Lab.
    * signal and wifi icons from 'Windows 7 Indicators (rainbow)' created by MattG from Blackberry Theme Lab.

OTA v1
    - increased the size of message indicator area:
    - gps icon moved to the top-right corner

Download Here

OTA v1.1
    - hotkey 'C' removed on request
    - GPS icon moved to the top-right corner

Download Here

OTA v1.2
    - hotkey 'C' removed on request
    - GPS icon moved to the top-right corner
    - replaced profile icon with 2nd app-icon

Download Here

Hope you all like it.
    Comments and feedback are much appreciated.

Flexo
    Last edited by Flexo23; 09-21-10 at 06:52 PM.
    09-19-10 06:40 PM
    Looks great! I luv all the hotkeys. I'm going to try this one out. Thk u for sharing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 07:37 PM
    Oh no, link doesn't work

09-19-10 07:38 PM
    Hi Flexo! link seems to be down at the moment.
    09-19-10 07:39 PM
    Link's not working

09-19-10 09:10 PM
    Link's not working
    09-19-10 09:26 PM
    Looks good. Any chamce on a hidden today?

09-19-10 11:56 PM
    looks super, would love to try!

but the link is down.

+1 on Hidden Today if you're planning on doing any updates...
    09-20-10 12:47 AM
    sorry everyone, mistyped something in the link ^^

The link is working now.

About the hidden today, I personally don't like it and this theme started out for personal use only.
    Maybe later on I'll look into it and make a hidden today version too.
    09-20-10 05:32 AM
    Nice theme, clean and functional. One question! Why did you make 'C' a hotkey for contacts? The 'A' key is that by default and I use 'C' for one of most frequent speed dial numbers.
    09-20-10 07:27 AM
    I really enjoy your theme. I have only one problem: the notification area only allows for two items. It needs to allow more. Right now, the email icon is there along with batteryex. When my socialscop has a notification, it will not show unless I disable the batteryex notification. That is how I know it only allows two notifications. I would suggest a notification area of at least four; five would be better.
    09-20-10 08:17 AM
    Nice theme, clean and functional. One question! Why did you make 'C' a hotkey for contacts? The 'A' key is that by default and I use 'C' for one of most frequent speed dial numbers.
    Oh okay, might be a language difference in my OS (I'm using the dutch version) or something cause 'A' opens Saved Messages with me.
    You're using the US version I guess? If it's a frequent issue I could take that hotkey out, since there is no real use for it then.

I really enjoy your theme. I have only one problem: the notification area only allows for two items. It needs to allow more. Right now, the email icon is there along with batteryex. When my socialscop has a notification, it will not show unless I disable the batteryex notification. That is how I know it only allows two notifications. I would suggest a notification area of at least four; five would be better.
    I'll look into that when I get back home, 5 probably won't fit since the banner is so small but I think 3 or 4 should work.
    09-20-10 08:49 AM
    Oh okay, might be a language difference in my OS (I'm using the dutch version) or something cause 'A' opens Saved Messages with me.
    You're using the US version I guess? If it's a frequent issue I could take that hotkey out, since there is no real use for it then.

I'll look into that when I get back home, 5 probably won't fit since the banner is so small but I think 3 or 4 should work.
    Sounds great Flexo! Try for four please. By the way, your theme is very fast and the fonts are easy to read. Great job on it again and thanks so much for sharing!
    09-20-10 08:58 AM
    Sounds great Flexo! Try for four please. By the way, your theme is very fast and the fonts are easy to read. Great job on it again and thanks so much for sharing!
    thanks I'm glad you like it and I'm happy to give something back to the community
    09-20-10 09:03 AM
    Yes I have the US version. Great theme for sure!!

09-20-10 10:03 AM
    this looks good, I also usually need at least 4 or 5 spaces. Just a suggestion, as for myself I never need to know the name of my network or wifi, as I know where I am. why not delete the netork/wifi name slot and use all that space for notifications?

also, just more request if possible, on CDMA networks we get a little GPS symbol when it is on, can you move that to the very right corner at the time. Right now, it is right above the time and very tight on top of it, and it is confusing to look at. Many thanks
    Last edited by dollface54; 09-20-10 at 10:33 AM.
    09-20-10 10:19 AM
    Very nice!!thanx so much
    09-20-10 01:07 PM
    working now and looks very clean!

good work...

+1 on removing the C for contacts.. I use C to "compose..." often to start new messages...
    09-20-10 01:12 PM
    Very clean looking theme. Seems to run smoothly as well. I'll be running this one for a while and watching closely for updates. Great job!

09-20-10 02:59 PM
    would it be possible for the profile icon to be replaced with a icon to be used for a sms icon or any other icon?
    09-20-10 04:07 PM
    okay 2 little updates:

@ jline4

I've increased the size of the message indicator area I've tested it with 4 indicators that works (bbm, msn, missed call and new message)
    looks like it might hold a 5th but I wouldn't know what else to generate a indicator with ^^ Just hope that the carrier-area didn't become to small because of this. On long wifi-networknames or something.

@ andyahs
    I've made a version 1.1 without the hotkey 'C' and the update as described above.
    thnx for the screenshot, it's good to see that background works so great with my theme =)

this looks good, I also usually need at least 4 or 5 spaces. Just a suggestion, as for myself I never need to know the name of my network or wifi, as I know where I am. why not delete the netork/wifi name slot and use all that space for notifications?

also, just more request if possible, on CDMA networks we get a little GPS symbol when it is on, can you move that to the very right corner at the time. Right now, it is right above the time and very tight on top of it, and it is confusing to look at. Many thanks
    Well I just increased the message indicator area a bit, so test it out and let me know if it can hold 5 icons. Personally I use 2 sometimes 3 since I'm kinda addicted to my phone and check it every 5min or so
    Anyway if it's still to small maybe a third version without the carrier-area is a option.

And about the gps symbol.. honestly I didn't know what it was so I just put it up there but i'll move it and update the links, give me 5min or so

EDIT: okay links are updated, gps icon is now at the top right corner

Very nice!!thanx so much
    yw =)

working now and looks very clean!

good work...

+1 on removing the C for contacts.. I use C to "compose..." often to start new messages...
    thanks and the version without the C for contacts is up and running now

Very clean looking theme. Seems to run smoothly as well. I'll be running this one for a while and watching closely for updates. Great job!

thanks

would it be possible for the profile icon to be replaced with a icon to be used for a sms icon or any other icon?
    sure shouldn't be so hard, I'll make that tomorrow though.. takes a bit of editing in composer and it's getting late here
    Last edited by Flexo23; 09-20-10 at 04:48 PM.
    09-20-10 04:10 PM
    I really like this theme but I have a 9000 ='( Can you make it for 9000?
    Also andyahs? Whats the little thermometer app at the bottom?
    Sorry but can't see that happening any time soon. I'm still getting the little bugs out of this version.
    09-20-10 04:41 PM
    I really like this theme but I have a 9000 ='( Can you make it for 9000?
    Also andyahs? Whats the little thermometer app at the bottom?
    It's Berryweather a paid weather app.
    09-20-10 04:50 PM
    Nice work. Very clean. I have just one comment. How about the names of the apps appearing somewhere on the screen when you scroll over it.

09-20-10 05:05 PM
    Nice work. Very clean. I have just one comment. How about the names of the apps appearing somewhere on the screen when you scroll over it.

thanks

Well I played with that a while, but I couldn't hide it when the dock is hidden.
    And when I put it at the centre of the screen somewhere it takes away from the clean look I was going for, so I decided to leave it out.
    09-20-10 05:09 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD