I saw all of these OS6 styled themes and decided to try my hand at one because as great as they all are, I just wanted a few things personalized for my tastes. I did use the icon set that was made readily available thanks to the efforts of Mastamoon and MattG who did some resizing. Thanks to both of you, you saved a lot of time. I also used the win7 hourglass that MattG made and all of the credit for one cool looking hourglass goes entirely to him. The rest of this theme was my vision of what I wanted. I liked the end result so I decided to share this one and it is what you see here.

Features:
    • OS6 style Icon set.
    • Custom banners on homepage
    • Weather slot (7th position on app screen)
    • Fade Transitions throughout
    • Spacebar launches QuickLaunch
    • Zero Key launches Options
    • Money sign Key ($) launches SMS-MMS
    • Custom Battery Meter with percentages (My personal creation)
    • Hidden Today on slots 2 through 5 on homescreen
    • Very Smooth operation
    • Less than one meg file size (885Kb to be exact)

IMAGES

HOMESCREEN w/navigation paths

APPS SCREEN

LIST SCREEN

You should notice that on the app screen I removed the battery and a few other things. I wanted to try a crisp clean look instead. I also did this on the call screens as well with things like "my number". Can't understand why I need my own number on the screen when I am not calling myself.

DOWLOAD THIS THEME HERE

REMEMBER TO DO A BATTERY PULL AFTER INSTALLATION!
    08-08-10 08:46 AM
    May I ask a question? Not being critical in any way. Because you stated you made it for yourself and decided to share. The words under the icons on front page are running into each other because I have a long name and a long email address. Can you help me with that issue please? I love that battery icon. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 09:07 AM
    I don't see this as being critical at all. I appreciate the input and will do what I can to make it work for everyone with global changes if necessary.

I simply put my messages folder on top and do not separate them. They are truncated a bit on your phone but that is due to the names added by blackberry Theme builder. It is going to be that way with any of the themes that have text below them. I am thinking about having them fade in and out when focused to eliminate that problem when an icon is selected. Would that work better for you?
    08-08-10 09:33 AM
    Thank you! I love this one a lot. I've bought about 5 OS6 themes and downloaded all the new one. This one is my preferred. Just thought I'd ask. That's for listening. You can PM me. I don't want to take up too much airtime from other members.

08-08-10 09:44 AM
    thanks, very nice!! it would be great if the 3G /GPRS and Carier Name appear at the main. else a very nice theme
    08-08-10 03:50 PM
    Love it! My new favorite theme, thanks

08-08-10 03:56 PM
    I have quite a few free and paid OS6 themes and this one is growing on me quickly. Like salzferkel said above, having the 3G would be nice to have. Otherwise, this is a great theme! Thanks for sharing.
    08-08-10 04:20 PM
    I've been thinking about doing a slight revision in the very near future so I will see what I can do about the 3g icon when I do that.

Thanks for the compliments and input folks!
    08-08-10 04:57 PM
    UPDATE:

FYI, I'm working on an update that will also incorporate the 3G icons on the homepage. I am still undecided whether to leave the text below the icons or remove it and have the name of the highlighted icon down there instead of all the small text.

Tell me what you folks would prefer please and I will see what I can do to accommodate on this one.

The sooner I have answers, the sooner I can make the change and get it loaded for you.
    08-08-10 10:21 PM
    I would def prefer to have just the name of the highlighted app.. Besides that, this is one of the best basic zen OS6-style themes.. If that can be changed I think it might even be the best..

08-08-10 10:57 PM
    I'm going to download now and check it out, but I would agree with lovemyspanish. It doesn't look right with all the text all blended together there. Looks messy and you can't read it obviously. So I agree with NinjaB, just the name of the highlighted app.

So I did download. Very nice indeed. One question though and maybe I'm missing something, but where you have the browser icon on your screen shot I am assuming can be treated as the weather slot? I put my weather app there, and I'm getting the updated icon as per the current weather, but no text below it for temp as I do with other themes. Am I doing something wrong or missing something?
    Last edited by TheIgster; 08-08-10 at 11:29 PM.
    08-08-10 11:12 PM
    I downloaded this one, it's a VERY NICE wow, great work, thanks for not charging ...this one R O C K S!

Question- I love the icons used here, why did the blackberry messenger not get changed ?????? All the other basic ones did and they are neat!

Thx
    08-09-10 12:44 AM
    i'll DL this! thanks man
    08-09-10 12:54 AM
    wow man! i'm happy to have this theme! simply amazing! A+++
    08-09-10 01:21 AM
    This is a great theme, however if your wrestling with the permanent icon names, I would remove them. Same opinion as lovemyspanish that so many apps have longish names and it looks a little untidy having them all blend. The battery icon is killer (you should put it back on the app screen just cause its nice to look at) and the theme runs nice and smooth.
    08-09-10 09:29 AM
    So is the weather slot displaying the temp for anyone else? I'm using Weather Bug which seems to work with any other theme with a weather slot, but I'm not getting the temperature text on this one.
    08-09-10 01:59 PM
    Cool theme, downloading now and will try it out. Thanks for the hard work!
    08-09-10 04:02 PM
    Igster - I went back and looked and for some reason I did not turn that feature on for that slot. I will fix that and have a new version up and running later tonight. I am going to remove the permanent text and use the status text bar under the icons there instead. I have also added the 3G icons for the connection type on the information bar just above the icons on the left side.

I will repost this update with the OTA link as soon as I get it ready. These are simple fixes but it takes a few minutes to go through the uploading of files and stuff and I just walked in from work.

Thanks for the input folks!
    08-09-10 05:35 PM
    This theme is perfect....but I noticed two things.

1 - on the home screen, where the notifications are, you can only see one at a time. Is there a way to be able see all your notifications in that bar?

2 - in drop-down menus, the fonts are truncated. A smaller font size would fix that though

Just bringing some more details to your attention

08-09-10 05:50 PM
    Igster - I went back and looked and for some reason I did not turn that feature on for that slot. I will fix that and have a new version up and running later tonight. I am going to remove the permanent text and use the status text bar under the icons there instead. I have also added the 3G icons for the connection type on the information bar just above the icons on the left side.

I will repost this update with the OTA link as soon as I get it ready. These are simple fixes but it takes a few minutes to go through the uploading of files and stuff and I just walked in from work.

Thanks for the input folks!
    Sounds great! Thanks for your effort. I am loving this theme.

Edit: Oh and anxiously awaiting the new theme.
    Last edited by TheIgster; 08-09-10 at 08:13 PM.
    08-09-10 08:06 PM
    Mizter I'm not real sure what to do about the notifications. I have it set for different inboxes but it doesn't seem to be working that way. Let me look into that and I will see if I can't get an update out on that correction as soon as I find out what is going on.

Here is the link to the new revision that incorporates the 3G icon, removes the text from the icons and uses the status bar in their place.

Latest Version OTA
    08-09-10 10:00 PM
    Question- I love the icons used here, why did the blackberry messenger not get changed ?????? All the other basic ones did and they are neat!

Thx
    08-09-10 10:32 PM
    I can confirm what MizterAitcheson is saying. I had an email as well as a BBM tonight and while both icons on my home screen showed that there was something to be viewed, I only had one icon in the status section (an email one because that was the first one I received).

Also, the font may be a little big, but maybe only one size smaller? I'm old and blind... It does seem large, but has never been truncated for me though.

As for the weather slot. I grabbed the new one, but it does not appear to have fixed the issue with the temperature. I still don't see any text there.

I am going to try and reset my Bold and see if it shows up after the reset. If it does, I'll edit this appropriately, but for now, it does not appear to have the text there.

Edit: OK, it appears if you actually highlight the weather app, you get the temp down in the middle of the screen. I was looking for it under the weather icon image in the middle of the screen. Just a little different, but it works. Thanks.
    Last edited by TheIgster; 08-09-10 at 11:59 PM.
    08-09-10 11:53 PM
    and I think I just figured out why. I separated the mailboxes apparently. I will revise that tonight and reissue.

The fonts on most screens are user selectable but I don't think that effects the hidden today. I'll see if I can't adjust that too.

The weather slot issue work for me with Berryweather. I am seeing the temperature on a permanent basis and when I scroll over the icon, the status text shows whatever I have chosen in that program for it to show. I use the hi/lo and current conditions. Check that your weather app is set properly please and if it's not we'll see if we can come up with something to solve that as well.

Again, thanks for the input. It all helps to make a theme we can all enjoy.
    Last edited by gmkahuna; 08-10-10 at 06:35 AM.
    08-10-10 06:17 AM
    Yeah, the weather app is set to show on the home screen but is not. It shows fine on other themes. The only thing it shows is the text when you are hovering on it like other items. There is nothing there permanently right underneath the icon.

As for the fonts, I think the font in question is the one on the menus when using the BB button on various screens that the original member was mentioning. I too think it is about one size too big.
    08-10-10 07:16 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD