Hi there,

after downloading a few themes from here and reading a lot about creation, I thought I share my first result of a custom theme.

Yes, it's dark and yes, the text is small! I just like to see lots of mails and calendar entries on the homescreen.

I also played around with a hidden dock, which covers up all the "tech info" like signal and battery meters, just to save some "real-estate"

I replaced the Alarm icon by a small glow underneath the time. Speaking about time, the setup only fits in a 24 hour display and I don't intend to change that.

I have tested it for a few days now, but maybe you find something using other languages...

UPDATE:

Made some fonts bigger (which led to reduce the messages to 4 lines)
    made the hidden dock move a little faster
    changed the meters slightly
    changed the application highlight

AND: found some webspace for OTA

Happy testing!!

Cheers

OTA with small fonts
    OTA with larger fonts and Profiles icon on Homescreen
    Last edited by bsy2010; 12-27-09 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Some changes, added OTA
    12-19-09 05:21 PM
    Nice, clean design. With the hidden dock a Quicklaunch hot key would help. Thanks
    12-20-09 12:08 PM
    With the hidden dock a Quicklaunch hot key would help.
    Thanks... Now I have to find out how to do that
    12-20-09 12:15 PM
    Someone host an OTA please

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 12:18 PM
    bsy2010 I think your theme would be the bomb and I would love to use it, but can you increase the text size 2-3 notches up?

I'd even pay for this theme if you could.

Want me to trial it with the above improvements?

Cheers

EN4
    12-22-09 12:08 PM
    great theme!! you should contact mrtolles for OTA hosting, he's awesome and he hosts for free! Also, if you export to OTA then zip the files and distribut, it is easier to install without having use DM to load the theme. =)
    12-22-09 03:21 PM
    very impressive for your first theme! it looks great! If you get someone to host the OTA, re-post it. I would love to give it a try. great FREE theme, thank you.
    12-22-09 04:58 PM
    Hey, thanks guys!

Currently working on finding a place to OTA and some small mods to the theme (like a bit larger fonts for the Today area, I think I overdid it here...)

Even created a complete new icon set on a slow Sunday afternoon, but it is just too much frustration to see crappy 3rd party apps in between...
    12-22-09 07:08 PM
    Nice theme!

But....I don't need too much icon in the dock, 6 icons is more reasonable.

Could you please:
    - Make the font size biger: 7 points (not 6 points)
    - Make the dock biger, so that we can see icons clearly

Thanks for listenning!
    12-23-09 12:40 PM
    For some reason the .thm files suddenly didn't open anymore and I had to start from scratch with some of you feedback in mind...
    And I found a OTA
    12-25-09 06:34 PM
    Any chance of increasing the font size up one point?
    12-27-09 11:02 AM
    sure, just let me know where
    12-27-09 11:07 AM
    sure, just let me know where
    Excellent..

Mainly on the home today screen, but ideally everywhere.

Increasing the home screen icon sizes a point or two would also be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for this.

You are a star.
    12-27-09 11:12 AM
    Just a quick edit, without much testing... Try this
    12-27-09 11:30 AM
    Yeah, so nice again but one more:

- A profile icon separated on home screen will make us more convenience.
    - I like only six icon on the dock. Can you make another version?

Thanks.
    12-27-09 11:40 AM
    @VS7

thanks for the input... only six icons in the dock would force me to make them bigger - which I don't like too much...

And the profiles icon, I could add that: any suggestions where? Cause I can't find any solution that wouldn't ruin the look

Edit: Try this OTA? Yeah, I know... Profiles is a bit small, but everything else would have been too ugly
    Last edited by bsy2010; 12-27-09 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Added some more stuff
    12-27-09 11:44 AM
    @VS7

thanks for the input... only six icons in the dock would force me to make them bigger - which I don't like too much...

And the profiles icon, I could add that: any suggestions where? Cause I can't find any solution that wouldn't ruin the look

Edit: Try this OTA? Yeah, I know... Profiles is a bit small, but everything else would have been too ugly
    Checked your latest version and I really think it's brilliant. The Profile icon is ok, it is not that big, but it is viewable. Maybe you could choose some different profile icons which have more colours or something.

When you open the menu (on the BB button) in the upper part of the screen you see the BT icon and Wifi icon. Could it be possible to show a new messages icon and BBM icon?
    12-27-09 02:01 PM
    you can set the quicklaunch hotkey in plazmic composer. module name is QuickLaunch and set it to spacebar. (usually preferred key =) ) Just downloaded bot versions, very nice and clean. Love the battery/signal meters!
    12-27-09 02:55 PM
    Just a quick edit, without much testing... Try this
    Very nice indeed. Thank you so much
    12-27-09 03:04 PM
    Call you post your wallpaper! Please
    12-27-09 03:17 PM
    you can set the quicklaunch hotkey in plazmic composer. module name is QuickLaunch and set it to spacebar. (usually preferred key =) ) Just downloaded bot versions, very nice and clean. Love the battery/signal meters!
    Thanks for the hints...

BTW, your work looks great as well!!
    12-27-09 03:51 PM
    Call you post your wallpaper! Please
    Unfortunately, I can't remember where I found it... Would love to give someone credit for it
    12-27-09 03:54 PM
    thanks man!
    12-27-09 05:39 PM
    Any new updates yet?
    01-01-10 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD