Finally. Sheesh.

Waited forever for the latest Theme Studio...so here it is, my leebo theme ported to OS 6.

This is a wallpaper-friendly theme - intentionally minimalist.

On the home screen, you can scroll from an offscreen button (which launches the first app in your device order) up to the signal meter (which launches Manage Connections - thank you RIM!).

The following hotkeys are programmed:

E - FileManager Pro
    F - Facebook
    G - Google Maps
    J - Calendar Pro
    R - Meterberry
    Z - Clock
    0 - Profiles
    $ - SMS/MMS

On my device, I have installed the alternative OS6 theme (available here in the forum, it was included in 6.0.0.131). With that base theme installed, the apps on my Application screen show text beneath them. I'm not sure whether that is standard in the stock BlackBerry6 theme in later versions, but I'm pretty happy with how it looks.

Basic version

Download it here:

leebo 1.0.4

Variants:

Weather Slot version

And by overwhelmingly popular demand, here is a version that includes a weather slot.

Now, my personal preference is for a clean home screen. To that end, I have included the ability to hide/show the weather slot. To show, hit W. To hide, hit 1 (alt-W).

There is still an offscreen icon (in keeping with my desire for a clean home screen), which you can scroll down to in order to remove the focus icon from the home screen. That offscreen icon will launch the 2nd application in your app list.

The weather slot version also shows the battery meter and the network on the home screen.

Download the weather slot version here:

leebo 1.1

Weather slot variants:

Weather Slot and Hidden Today version

I've added the best resemblance of a Hidden Today I could muster with this beta version of Theme Studio. Unfortunately, several features are either buggy or just non-functional. But I did my best...

Navigation has changed in this version. Scrolling starts at the bottom, on the Today icons. The Today entries will appear when you highlight the icons in the bottom right. Today entries will disappear when you scroll up out of the Today area. You can also hit the Escape key to hide the Today info.

The hidden offscreen icon is now at the very top of the navigation because it was very easy to overshoot the Today icons.

Download the weather slot/hidden today version here:

leebo 1.7

Weather slot/hidden today variants:

• leebo 1.7.0.1 (No battery meter on Home Screen, for MeterBerry/BattEx/SmartBIndie users)
    • leebo 1.7.0.2 (fixed overflow issues with 24-hour clock option)
    • leebo 1.7.1.0 (1.7 style - plain vanilla - no weather slot, no today areas, no battery meter on home screen)
    • leebo 1.7.2.0 (Weather slot, but no today area)
    • leebo 1.7.2.1 (Weather slot, no today area, G key not mapped so it will launch Google Talk)
    • leebo 1.7.5.0 (No weather slot, no battery meter, E - FileScout)
    • leebo 1.7.5.1 (No weather slot, WITH battery meter, E - FileScout)
    • leebo 1.7.5.2 (No weather slot, adjusted clock area to accommodate 24 hour time setting, E - FileScout)
    • leebo 1.7.5.4 (24-hour clock fix)
    • leebo 1.7.6.0 (super sparse home screen - only time and weather slot (for spencerdl))

Large Clock (No goodies)

And here we go...back to the root purpose of my theming - minimalism.

I found that I really liked the larger clock font in the weather slot/hidden today versions, but I didn't like all that clutter. So here is the 1.8 line. Large clock, no weather slot, no hidden today.

• leebo 1.8.1 (ONLY S key is mapped to Universal Search. No other hotkeys. No battery meter on home screen. OhmEye's theme )
    • leebo 1.8.2 (all the same as 1.8.1, but WITH battery meter on home screen (for sieuboon))

And some new goodies...

• leebo1 1.2 (this is leebo 1.8.1 but with some, um, new icons. Yes, I know I should have used a corresponding version number. Keep reading. )
    • leebo1 1.7.5.4 (See? I figured it out. This is leebo 1.7.5.4 also with, um, new icons)
    • leebo1 1.8.2 (There's a pattern showing up here. This is 1.8.2 with new icons)
    • leebo1 1.1.0.5 (Again, 1.1.0.5 with new icons)

BlackBerry6 style themes (Trays)

Here is my shot at minimizing the clutter on the new BlackBerry6 style of theme. Frankly, there's not much for theme developers to do (as far as I'm concerned) with the home screen on these themes. Can't add any hotkeys, can't add a weather slot, and can't tweak which trays are visible or hidden.

Regardless, here you go:

For this series, I used my noggin and named each theme with its version number, so users can install multiple versions of the theme at once.

I will also point out that I made sure all the common elements between home screen and application screen banners line up (I'd like to say perfectly, but I'm not that cocky).

Known Issues
    • I have a boatload of variations. I know, my head swims when I look at the list too. Sorry if that's confusing, but I've been doing my best to accommodate everyone's particular preferences...so there's a lot there to choose from.
    • Battery charging icon misbehaves on Home Screen and Application Screen - does not show pulsing lightning bolt while charging, in fact does not show anything while charging until battery level is 100%, then shows old style 'plug' icon.
    • The 3G bullets are linked to WiFi on the Home Screen, so if you are connected to WiFi and on 3G, the bullets will disappear from beside the 3G indicator and will be repositioned. (Cannot be changed)
    • Notifications and network information are slightly skewed (like 1/2 a pixel for notifications) between Home Screen banner and Application Screen banner. This is partly due to the fact that a different icon format is used on each banner for notifications.
    • Larger notification icons, like MeterBerry battery meters and WeatherBerry 'thermometer' icons are clipped in application banners. This only occurs on later versions of my theme (1.1.x and higher). I have not determined why the banner was resized between versions. It's nothing I changed.
    • I'm sure there are more quirks that have been pointed out, but let me know if you notice something odd and I'll do my best to fix it.

If folks would be so kind as to click the Thanks button, I'd appreciate it.
    Donations accepted too.
    Last edited by wu-wei; 04-26-11 at 11:58 PM. Reason: New variations added.
    01-28-11 06:08 PM
    Looks great!!! I've been waiting for a minimal theme all day long.
    miss_darlin, wu-wei and feerio like this.
    01-28-11 06:27 PM
    Wow I'm so happy to see this... Leebo was my absolute favorite for OS5!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-28-11 07:01 PM

Wow, very cool...I'm glad you enjoy it!

Finally, I have that 85% of my screen back!

I'm working on a variation that includes a hidden today of the calendar...might take me a while (if ever).
    01-28-11 07:07 PM
    Will this run on a 9650 with OS6?
    01-28-11 07:18 PM
    I ran Leebo3(I think) for EVER on OS5.... And ill be using this from now on no doubt.
    And yeah, I've been dying for a minimalist theme, again I'm very happy to see this.

EDIT:
    Yes Paul, it will.

wu-wei likes this.
    01-28-11 07:19 PM
    Should run on a 9650....same screen resolution (480x360).

01-28-11 07:23 PM
    This is terrific! I wanted a wallpaper friendly theme for OS 6, and yours is perfect. Nice work.
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-28-11 07:24 PM
    My first theme dl for OS6 -- thank you so much for sharing!!!

The default theme used "s" hotkey to bring up the universal search. Is that theme based for OS6 or is there an option in my phone to turn it back on? "b" still works for browser, "l" for calendar, etc; but I like the "s" for the OS6 universal search.

wu-wei likes this.
    01-28-11 07:26 PM
    Works great on the 9650! Sooooo happy to get my screen back. hated the stack OS6 theme.
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-28-11 07:30 PM
    My first theme dl for OS6 -- thank you so much for sharing!!!

The default theme used "s" hotkey to bring up the universal search. Is that theme based for OS6 or is there an option in my phone to turn it back on? "b" still works for browser, "l" for calendar, etc; but I like the "s" for the OS6 universal search.

Hmm.....good question about the "S" shortcut. I was never a big user of search on OS5, but Universal Search on OS6 is very attractive. Let me tinker a little and I'll let you know...
    01-28-11 07:31 PM
    It's kinda nice to be installing a theme that's less than 400 kb too. Instead of the 3.6 MB of the stock BlackBerry6 theme.
    01-28-11 07:42 PM
    Ohhhh do I love being able to see the wallpapers again and not scrolling through what felt like 1800 pages to find the app I am looking for !

Sound awful doesn't it ? I never seriously went back to OS5 though.

Thankyou for bringing this over, it was one of my stock themes on my phone and will be once again !
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-28-11 07:45 PM
    Very odd....Composer doesn't offer a way to invoke Universal Search, and assigning "Search" to the S key does absolutely nothing. Let me keep looking at this, because it's a good question.

Maybe this is why the BlackBerry6 themes are so large....

01-28-11 07:49 PM
    Very odd....Composer doesn't offer a way to invoke Universal Search, and assigning "Search" to the S key does absolutely nothing. Let me keep looking at this, because it's a good question.

Maybe this is why the BlackBerry6 themes are so large....

I can't find any icon to open Universal Search, either. Hopefully something turns up, thanks for looking..
    01-28-11 10:01 PM
    Just what i was looking for. Thank you!
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-28-11 10:03 PM
    Any way to add a profile icon in the left top corner of the banner?
    01-29-11 05:51 AM

Nice but am no fans for os6, would you tell me where I can get leebo for os5
    Thanks

01-29-11 07:17 AM
    Nice but am no fans for os6, would you tell me where I can get leebo for os5
    Thanks

http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/fr...themes-522106/
    01-29-11 07:58 AM
    Thanks a lot sir

wu-wei likes this.
    01-29-11 08:47 AM
    I wanted to request a pink version (girly) with a weather slot please?
    01-29-11 09:05 AM
    Thanks a lot sir, finally the end of my searching for theme, I believe I'll stick forever for this one

01-29-11 09:05 AM
    Very nice theme! Loaded it up today... man I've missed themes since moving to OS6 on my 9700. Great stuff.
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-29-11 11:48 AM
    Love the theme, been looking everywhere for a minimal theme... And this is perfect... I always feel crunchy about requesting changes for free themes but in my opinion it would make it perfect... So if you have some free time or what not.. Here is my wish list;

As previously stated - S doesn't seem to invoke universal search.... My short term fix was to just put in Quicklaunch... Not quite as fast but it works....

Shortcuts:
    E - Filescout
    Q - Quicklaunch

And when I have an alarm set, the right side of the alarm icon on the lower bar is shaved off...

Otherwise absolutely awesome, thanks again....

wu-wei likes this.
    01-29-11 12:15 PM
    I can see my wallpaper again! lol.
    Last edited by mirren; 02-01-11 at 06:30 PM.
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-29-11 12:46 PM
531 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD