- Transparent menus
    - New notification icons, hover icons, and more
    - Buttons redesigned
    - Extremely minimalistic overlay to allow the wallpaper to be visible

... and much more, download and see!

Download

OTA LINK FOR 9700 OS 5.0 WITH TRANSITIONS - http://bit.ly/dimensionfinal

Thanks to...

sjbarag - For testing and providing detailed feedback. Without his help this theme would not be where it is now.
    wellplayedwill - Again, for providing good feedback which I was able to improve the theme with.
    Alex - For... being there, I guess!

Cheers!
    Last edited by asad98; 03-15-10 at 11:24 PM.
    03-02-10 12:45 PM
    Hi men, if you want i can be your french 9700 tester!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 02:32 PM
    I'll test it!
    03-02-10 02:35 PM
    i would love to test on my T-Mo 9700...
    03-02-10 02:36 PM
    looks very nice! I'm all about customization and function, look forward to the finished product. thanks for keeping it free
    03-02-10 02:55 PM
    ill test it on my tour
    03-02-10 03:43 PM
    i'll test it on my 9700
    03-02-10 05:41 PM
    I'd be more than happy to test on my 9700.

03-02-10 08:59 PM
    Thanks for the interest, guys! However, as mentioned, I only sorted the testers through PM and e-mail and this means that I've already allotted the positions to the first three people who applied... there was a lot of interest in the theme!

My apologies to all those who are unable to test, and here are the three beta testers - if your names are here, congratulations!

- wellplayedwill
    - Sean Barag
    - alexm003

Unfortunately I am no longer taking in beta tester applications...
    03-02-10 09:57 PM
    I'm in.

03-02-10 11:03 PM
    Finally the theme I've been dreaming for.. Stock icons with clean UI.

Do continue with this awesome theme.

Your fellow iPhone user,
    Ray
    03-03-10 12:59 AM
    Thanks guys, good to know about the interest... I'm hoping to push out a new beta build tomorrow after I fix some new issues that cropped up and make a few colour scheme changes, stay tuned...
    03-03-10 02:19 PM
    If you change your mind about the beta spots, let me know I will test this theme thoroughly.
    03-03-10 07:15 PM
    Hiya guys, the latest build of Dimension has been compiled and I am e-mailing it to testers as we speak. At this point I am also taking suggestions for a new name for the theme, and of course, here is a healthy dose of screenshots for those interested - shows the theme with a variety of wallpapers to illustrate usability...

Changes
    - New icons, highlights, colours, rollovers, buttons, and menus
    - Fixed some issues
    - Added transitions
    - Can be used with any wallpaper

Issues
    - Text cut off at the bottom on the application screen

Last edited by asad98; 03-04-10 at 03:10 AM.
    03-04-10 03:03 AM
    I'll try to think of a possible name.

Glad to see you put transparent menus in it. Looks good.

03-04-10 06:43 AM
    I'll try to think of a possible name.

Glad to see you put transparent menus in it. Looks good.

Thanks!

I am, of course, open to any suggestions...
    03-04-10 06:49 AM
    Hey there -
    After using the theme since the day you pushed out the first beta, there's a few things on my mind:
    -The theme is still very nice! Understated and minimalistic still definitely fit the theme, so great job.
    -The banner divider is probably the best I've ever seen. The feathered/faded single like is awesome, and really adds a touch of class to the home screen.
    -Some things are hard to identify when selected, however. Mainly icons on the app and home screens, context menu items, and buttons (save/discard/cancel when drafting a message, for instance). The stock precision icons come with highlighted states, which are usually easy to identify, but most third party apps don't have this state, leaving you with only the app's name as a guide to what you have selected. Its not a killer, but it does slow you down when you want to make a quick selection. The flash that you use on the home screen is very helpful, so is there any way to adapt this for the app screen, or possibly a way to adapt the faded line from the home screen banner for this purpose?
    As far as the context menu items and buttons go, its only a matter of color/gradient choice. I LOVE the transparent menu, but the gray background with a black-grey gradient makes it hard to tell what's highlighted under certain back/ambient lighting conditions. Similarly, there isn't much of a color difference between the unselected and selected buttons. The greyscale effect is very tasteful, but could the unselected buttons get slightly lighter and the selected get darker?
    -Just as a note to QuickLook users who are planning on installing this theme - be sure to set the "Menu Item Color" to White in QL Options so that you can see your entries!
    -Any chance of other features? Maybe hidden today for one or two Zen positions, a weather slot, or using the signal meter as a shortcut to Manage Connections/the clock as a shortcut to the Clock app? That third one would increase functionality while maintaining the suave, clean lines you have already established.

Overall, it is a wonderful theme so far, so please don't think that I dislike it! Sorry for the lengthy post - just hope my descriptions were clear so that you can make this the best possible theme!
    Cheers - SJBarag

03-05-10 02:46 PM
    Hey asad. The caption on the home screen (when you roll over the icons it says "messages") are cut off on the bottom part. Additionally. In the "instant messaging" folder the cursor dissappears and there is no "caption".

03-05-10 05:19 PM
    exciting. eager to see more come from dreamscape.
    03-05-10 07:20 PM
    Hey there -
    After using the theme since the day you pushed out the first beta, there's a few things on my mind:
    -The theme is still very nice! Understated and minimalistic still definitely fit the theme, so great job.
    -The banner divider is probably the best I've ever seen. The feathered/faded single like is awesome, and really adds a touch of class to the home screen.
    -Some things are hard to identify when selected, however. Mainly icons on the app and home screens, context menu items, and buttons (save/discard/cancel when drafting a message, for instance). The stock precision icons come with highlighted states, which are usually easy to identify, but most third party apps don't have this state, leaving you with only the app's name as a guide to what you have selected. Its not a killer, but it does slow you down when you want to make a quick selection. The flash that you use on the home screen is very helpful, so is there any way to adapt this for the app screen, or possibly a way to adapt the faded line from the home screen banner for this purpose?
    As far as the context menu items and buttons go, its only a matter of color/gradient choice. I LOVE the transparent menu, but the gray background with a black-grey gradient makes it hard to tell what's highlighted under certain back/ambient lighting conditions. Similarly, there isn't much of a color difference between the unselected and selected buttons. The greyscale effect is very tasteful, but could the unselected buttons get slightly lighter and the selected get darker?
    -Just as a note to QuickLook users who are planning on installing this theme - be sure to set the "Menu Item Color" to White in QL Options so that you can see your entries!
    -Any chance of other features? Maybe hidden today for one or two Zen positions, a weather slot, or using the signal meter as a shortcut to Manage Connections/the clock as a shortcut to the Clock app? That third one would increase functionality while maintaining the suave, clean lines you have already established.

Overall, it is a wonderful theme so far, so please don't think that I dislike it! Sorry for the lengthy post - just hope my descriptions were clear so that you can make this the best possible theme!
    Cheers - SJBarag

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback! The issues you mention are being worked on and I hope you'll like the updated build when I push it out. Once again, thanks alot for the detailed feedback - this is exactly what I need to make this theme much better.

Hey asad. The caption on the home screen (when you roll over the icons it says "messages") are cut off on the bottom part. Additionally. In the "instant messaging" folder the cursor dissappears and there is no "caption".

The first issue is actually stated as one of the known bugs in my update post, and it's something that is fixed in the next update. I didn't actually notice the issue until the update was pushed out, unfortunately.

As for the second part, do let me investigate that and I'll have it fixed by the next build.

Thanks guys!
    03-06-10 07:57 AM
    Hi guys, here is another batch of updates bringing the theme to Beta Version 2.1 which I will shortly push out to testers.

Updates
    - Made the cursors and highlighted fields in menus lighter and more visible as per sjbarag's feedback
    - Made the highlighted buttons lighter and more visible as per sjbarag's feedback
    - Added an unobtrusive overlay showing which icon is currently selected (since 3rd party app icons were not visible before this update)
    - Fixed the issue where the text on the application screen was cut off at the top and bottom [STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGE IF I FIND A BETTER FONT]
    - Updated new notifications icon
    - Fixed any issues in Instant Messaging folder

To-Do and Upcoming changes
    - Hidden today
    - [POSSIBLY] Slots for weather icon

Here are the usual screenshots showing the updates and a custom wallpaper...

Last edited by asad98; 03-06-10 at 09:08 AM.
    03-06-10 09:02 AM
    looking forward to this theme!! what transitions effect would you be using??? can you use the fade transitions please!!!
    03-06-10 11:01 AM
    looking forward to this theme!! what transitions effect would you be using??? can you use the fade transitions please!!!
    Yep, fade transitions are in use throughout the theme...
    03-06-10 11:17 AM
    i would love to test this theme... maybe you could send me a copy and i will report back thanks
    03-06-10 11:37 AM
    any possibility of having a hidden dock, than slides up when you scroll up, and hides away the icons when you scroll down?
    03-06-10 01:05 PM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD