Okay, the new theme builder has a few quirks, so I've done my best to keep this very clean and plain, exactly the way I want an OS6 theme - NO TRAYS!!!. Keep in mind, I built this theme for myself, and thought I would share as it works very well.

I've kept this VERY clean and simple
    application menu screen and call screens are all standard OS6 background
    User can enter any homescreen wallpaper they want
    6 homescreen user defined icons
    homescreen in navigated in a 'circular' fashion
    NO surrounds on the icons, and the focus cursor is very transparent and clean

LOTS of shortcut keys (as I don't have quicklaunch, I LOVE shortcuts)

--> shortcut keys that have been added (on top of the regular BB shortcuts)
    remember you still have to turn the theme's options on - (options - display - screen display - OS5forOS6 - and turn application shortcuts on) <--

*cannot get universal search to work, sorry

ADDED SHORTCUT KEYS
    e - dictionary
    f - facebook
    g - google maps
    i - file folders
    r - our groceries
    s - social feeds
    x - ubertwitter
    y - manage networks
    z - clock

space bar - application menu
    $ - text messages
    0 - sound profiles

SO if your looking to go back to clean OS5 theme, this is your baby enjoy

heres some screen shots

OTA link for your BlackBerry, remember 9700, 9780, 9650, ON OS6!
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12027311/com..._OS5forOS6.jad

<<UPDATED>> Added the 6.1 icons, lightened up some for the focus effect
    I lightened the application, call, and lock wallpaper to bring out the new icons.
    Still has user defined wallpaper, set your own homescreen icons and order:
    *all the regular shortcuts apply, i just added a few*
    Oh, I left the calendar icon alone, couldn't get the font lined up nicely.
    The default wallpaper is a black leather wallpaper with a BB icon, I like it

g - shortcut removed for google talk peeps
    j - youversion bible app
    r - our groceries
    x - ubersocial
    w - twitter for blackberry
    space bar - quicklaunch
    z - clock shortcut removed, as per request

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12027311/OS5...S5forOS6_1.jad

** Oh, always do a battery pull after installing a theme **
    Last edited by mechanic_joe; 04-07-11 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Updated
    01-29-11 04:03 PM
    Amazing. Just awesome! Just 2 things for me and it'll be perfect. Since I use google talk - can you create a version without that shortcut? Also, is it possible to have that dark transluscent background for the dock (same as top) for icons to stand out even with lighter wallpapers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 05:16 PM
    Oh, just a minor bug, the top most bar in the web browser is a tad too small as the favicon gets cut off. Maybe increase the font size to the same one as the Contacts app

01-29-11 05:26 PM
    Amazing. Just awesome! Just 2 things for me and it'll be perfect. Since I use google talk - can you create a version without that shortcut? Also, is it possible to have that dark transluscent background for the dock (same as top) for icons to stand out even with lighter wallpapers?

jhero, I can put an underlay beneath the icons, like OS5 used to have, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to run a second banner on the bottom (besides applying it to a wallpaper and making that wall paper permanent?)

How do the shortcuts affect your google talk? Or do you mean you want a google talk shortcut added? If so, I need the EXACT cod file name for the application, and I can throw it on a letter for you.

What is wrong with the top of the browser? I've tried it several times and the small banner doesn't seem to interfere with it all? I don't understand what you mean?
    01-29-11 05:47 PM
    QL works thanks man.

01-29-11 06:19 PM
    Hmm ok, if adding an underlay beneath the icons achieves the same look as os5 then that would be perfect

As for the 'g' shortcut, as of now since I have both google talk and google maps installed (and gtalk auto implements g as its shortcut). When I press 'g', both applications launch simultaneously. Obviously I'd want only one to launch. For me, I have the google maps icon on my homescreen so I personally don't require a google maps shortcut. But if T could be the talk shortcut that could also work. I'm looking on my phone and all I have to go on is the module named net_rim_bb_qm_google and net_rim_bb_qm_google_resource_en

In the browser, it feels as though the top bar that shows the favicon, sites name, network,BB status, and network strength has a smaller font than normal and thus the favicon appears to be cutoff from the top by I'd say 5-10 pixels. If you don't see it I might have to reboot the device to see if it's just that.

01-29-11 06:20 PM
    Thanks for sharing

01-29-11 06:31 PM
    Hmm ok, if adding an underlay beneath the icons achieves the same look as os5 then that would be perfect

As for the 'g' shortcut, as of now since I have both google talk and google maps installed (and gtalk auto implements g as its shortcut). When I press 'g', both applications launch simultaneously. Obviously I'd want only one to launch. For me, I have the google maps icon on my homescreen so I personally don't require a google maps shortcut. But if T could be the talk shortcut that could also work. I'm looking on my phone and all I have to go on is the module named net_rim_bb_qm_google and net_rim_bb_qm_google_resource_en

In the browser, it feels as though the top bar that shows the favicon, sites name, network,BB status, and network strength has a smaller font than normal and thus the favicon appears to be cutoff from the top by I'd say 5-10 pixels. If you don't see it I might have to reboot the device to see if it's just that.

jhero, I removed the 'g' and made Google Maps into 'x' for you. 'g' should be empty now. I also put the OS5 underlay back under the homescreen icons (the only difference here is that they have a small gap, as this theme builder is using Torch icons (68x68) instead of the proper (80x80), perhaps this is a beta theme builder problem? Not really sure, but I kind of like the smaller icons as you can fit more in the screen.)

Still not sure about your browser icon issue? I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing it?

I hope it all works, here is your link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12027311/jhe...heme_jhero.jad
    01-29-11 07:26 PM
    Thanks for sharing

Your welcome I hope it is working well for you
    01-29-11 07:26 PM
    jhero, I removed the 'g' and made Google Maps into 'x' for you. 'g' should be empty now. I also put the OS5 underlay back under the homescreen icons (the only difference here is that they have a small gap, as this theme builder is using Torch icons (68x68) instead of the proper (80x80), perhaps this is a beta theme builder problem? Not really sure, but I kind of like the smaller icons as you can fit more in the screen.)

Still not sure about your browser icon issue? I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing it?

Wow, good stuff mechanic!! I'm sure once a new build comes out thatll be easy to fix but so far it all looks great! Thanks!

01-29-11 07:32 PM
    Theme is nice. I know you built this for yourself, but anyway to move the notifications so there can be more than 2?
    01-29-11 08:09 PM
    Theme is nice. I know you built this for yourself, but anyway to move the notifications so there can be more than 2?
    Hmmm... I can have 3 notifications at once, but your right it is too tight, I will move some stuff around a bit (I left the homescreen banner pretty much the default way Theme builder has, except I moved the clock down a hair and increased the fonts a bit) I will whip something up, thanks for the suggestion
    01-29-11 08:57 PM
    Okay, the new theme builder has a few quirks, so I've done my best to keep this very clean and plain, exactly the way I want an OS6 theme - NO TRAYS!!!. Keep in mind, I built this theme for myself, and thought I would share as it works very well.

I've kept this VERY clean and simple
    application menu screen and call screens are all standard OS6 background
    User can enter any homescreen wallpaper they want
    6 homescreen user defined icons
    homescreen in navigated in a 'circular' fashion
    NO surrounds on the icons, and the focus cursor is very transparent and clean

LOTS of shortcut keys (as I don't have quicklaunch, I LOVE shortcuts)

--> shortcut keys that have been added (on top of the regular BB shortcuts)
    remember you still have to turn the theme's options on - (options - display - screen display - OS5forOS6 - and turn application shortcuts on) <--

*cannot get universal search to work, sorry

ADDED SHORTCUT KEYS
    e - dictionary
    f - facebook
    g - google maps
    i - file folders
    r - our groceries
    s - social feeds
    u - ubertwitter
    y - manage networks
    z - clock

space bar - application menu
    $ - text messages
    0 - sound profiles

SO if your looking to go back to clean OS5 theme, this is your baby enjoy

heres some screen shots

OTA link for your BlackBerry, remember 9700, 9780, 9650, ON OS6!
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12027311/com..._OS5forOS6.jad

As per Wookie's request, here is the same theme with QuickLaunch on the spacebar
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12027311/OS5...S5forOS6QL.jad
    You rock, I really like it!!! THANKS!!!!
    02-02-11 09:57 AM
    OMG, glad you like it

02-02-11 10:16 PM
    I'm using it too, Joe. Thanks for the great theme.
    02-02-11 10:17 PM
    Love this.

I don't suppose it'd be too much trouble to put a version up with the spacebar for QL, but without keyboard shortcuts?? I'm finding it's conflicting with Universal Search even with application shortcuts turned off

Would be much appreciated
    Last edited by 9700FTW; 02-03-11 at 04:24 AM.
    poorsha likes this.
    02-03-11 04:21 AM
    Love this.

I don't suppose it'd be too much trouble to put a version up with the spacebar for QL, but without keyboard shortcuts?? I'm finding it's conflicting with Universal Search even with application shortcuts turned off

Would be much appreciated
    I've tried it both ways, without the shortcuts and with, with the application shortcuts turned on and off, and I just can't seem to get universal search to work. I'm hoping the official version of Theme Builder and Composer will give an option to put universal search on a hotkey, but as it stands right now a theme needs to be completely OS6 style, with trays, for universal search to work. Sorry
    02-03-11 10:13 AM
    Is it ok to add the "T" key for RIM default twitter prog?

02-03-11 10:38 AM
    A picture's worth a thousand words. It looks like the top of icons are being clipped. This also occurs while in Options and probably elsewhere.

Note the BerryWeather thermometer icon - the top of it is clipped off and the favicon is also in danger of being snipped:

I'm thinking your application banner needs to be a smidge taller...
    02-03-11 12:23 PM

I Like this one, but the link is broken!!! Please post again!!
    02-03-11 01:42 PM
    jhero, I can put an underlay beneath the icons, like OS5 used to have, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to run a second banner on the bottom (besides applying it to a wallpaper and making that wall paper permanent?)

How do the shortcuts affect your google talk? Or do you mean you want a google talk shortcut added? If so, I need the EXACT cod file name for the application, and I can throw it on a letter for you.

What is wrong with the top of the browser? I've tried it several times and the small banner doesn't seem to interfere with it all? I don't understand what you mean?
    To place a second dock on the bottom of the home screen, go into inspector in "theme the banner" and tick the "full screen banner" box. Then you can create a 480x360 image that includes the bottom graphic that was requested.

And the G key is pre-programmed to run Google Talk....all you have to do is remove the hotkey assignment you currently have.

Cheers!
    02-03-11 02:50 PM
    I've tried it both ways, without the shortcuts and with, with the application shortcuts turned on and off, and I just can't seem to get universal search to work. I'm hoping the official version of Theme Builder and Composer will give an option to put universal search on a hotkey, but as it stands right now a theme needs to be completely OS6 style, with trays, for universal search to work. Sorry
    Universal Search works fine for me. It's just if i want to search for something beginning with F I can't as Facebook launches. Likewise if I want to search for something beginning with Y - manage connections launches.

If you removed these hotkey shortcuts, but left spacebar for QL it should be fine.

Hope this is a bit more clearer and not too much trouble

02-03-11 04:49 PM
    hey,
    i just tried to download it.. and it said download failed because it doesnt exist and i sent it thru email..any suggestions?
    02-08-11 11:14 AM
    sorry for being a noob but how do you install this theme after getting the file? i have a 9700 on OS6

i used the OTA downloader! Im OK now! loving this theme!
    Last edited by marlon22701; 02-10-11 at 10:04 AM. Reason: found solution
    02-10-11 08:49 AM
    I've been using this theme for quite a while now mainly because of the added shortcut keys. Also because of the defaulted background wallpaper that you see when you lock the device (blue-ish).
    Last edited by theturtleman; 02-27-11 at 08:32 PM. Reason: NA
    02-24-11 10:28 PM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD