Hello All!

Here is my newest theme I have been testing a posting screenshots of. Big thanks to Tony in helping me test the guy's version. There are two versions of each. I wanted a "fresh and new" idea for a theme banner and I haven't seen anything like this before. That's why it took awhile to release because I wanted new ideas. Abtruse is a synonym for technical. I wanted a tech style theme that I could do for guys and girls.

I kept the color of the girl's version was kept a secret because comments kept pouring in for either purple or pink. It was crazy! Thanks for all of your responses. Purple won out this time.. but knowing me and how much I love color, I may just make more. Who knows.

But for now : NO OTHER COLORS or versions.

I made everything myself except for the icons. Those are the devine set found on deviantART.

Specs:
    Two versions: mini icons or no icons.
    Hotkeys: $ for SMS/MMS, z for Profiles, spacebar for QuickLaunch
    Custom battery meter (left) and signal meter (right)
    When the alarm is set it will be either 2 blue or 2 purple circles. If not, they will be grey.
    Wallpaper friendly
    Color scheme includes user customizable font in either blue or purple.
    Mini icon version includes user customizable icons
    Hidden today available on mini icon version: scroll left from icons 5 & 6.

Blue! (abtruse_blue_blank version shown)
    download abtruse_blue (mini icons)
    download abtruse_blue_blank

Purple! (abtruse_purple version shown)
    download abtruse_purple (mini icons)
    download abtruse_purple_blank

Thanks & Enjoy!!

Do your battery pull!!!
    08-22-10 03:51 PM
    Great looking theme and looks even better on my phone.

Can I request a black, green, teal and orange version please.......

I am joking guys so please do not request another color as she stated...
    08-22-10 04:12 PM
    Awesome Theme. Have it up on my BB.

On the mini blue version, left scroll on the last icons i's not bringing up the HT.,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 05:54 PM
    Awesome Theme. Have it up on my BB.

On the mini blue version, left scroll on the last icons i's not bringing up the HT.,

Hmm.. I have my calendar as the last icon and it brings it up for me. I scroll over to the left and I can go thru the events. Try doing a battery pull. It's working for me.
    08-22-10 06:05 PM
    Great looking theme and looks even better on my phone.

Can I request a black, green, teal and orange version please.......

I am joking guys so please do not request another color as she stated...
    haha thanks andy!
    08-22-10 06:08 PM
    another great theme!! thanks for sharing, still would like to see pink !!!
    08-22-10 07:00 PM
    another great theme!! thanks for sharing, still would like to see pink !!!
    I know you love pink; a lot of girls do. But, based on the comments on my blog: purple won by 3 votes.

If I feel up to it I may make some other colors, but not right now.
    08-22-10 07:18 PM
    Beautiful theme----Thank you!!
    08-22-10 08:18 PM
    Very nice theme! Thank you for sharing!
    Do you mind me asking why the battery meter is out of 10 but the signal meter is out of 5?
    Oh, and if I could be so bold to make a suggestion The "icon highlighted" would be great is it was a bit more obvious, it makes it hard to see what's going on at times.

Otherwise, superbbbbbbb theme!!! And the Today screen is great with 10 entries, perfect for me!!! Big thumbs up!!!
    08-22-10 09:06 PM
    Love, love, love your themes! I got my 9700 in June and I quickly discovered your work. You're the best!
    08-22-10 09:50 PM
    Very nice theme! Thank you for sharing!
    Do you mind me asking why the battery meter is out of 10 but the signal meter is out of 5?
    Oh, and if I could be so bold to make a suggestion The "icon highlighted" would be great is it was a bit more obvious, it makes it hard to see what's going on at times.

Otherwise, superbbbbbbb theme!!! And the Today screen is great with 10 entries, perfect for me!!! Big thumbs up!!!
    Well the 10 for battery is kind of like the percentage 10 = 100, 9 = 90 so on and so forth. It was easier to make it that way. Also when developing the battery meters you only have 12 spaces to work with - 10 of those being the actual battery.

The signal meter is the same way. It's not percentages but there are 9 spaces to work with, 7 of those are the actual signal meter. I didn't want to count down from 7 because that's odd so I chose 5. The numbers 5 and 3 are on there two times.

If that makes any sense.

If I make the focus a bit more obvious it will then start to overlap the icons and that's something I'm trying to avoid. Sorry!
    08-22-10 10:14 PM
    Love, love, love your themes! I got my 9700 in June and I quickly discovered your work. You're the best!
    wow thank you very much!
    08-22-10 10:14 PM
    Outstanding theme as always.

08-23-10 12:35 AM
    Well the 10 for battery is kind of like the percentage 10 = 100, 9 = 90 so on and so forth. It was easier to make it that way. Also when developing the battery meters you only have 12 spaces to work with - 10 of those being the actual battery.

The signal meter is the same way. It's not percentages but there are 9 spaces to work with, 7 of those are the actual signal meter. I didn't want to count down from 7 because that's odd so I chose 5. The numbers 5 and 3 are on there two times.

If that makes any sense.

If I make the focus a bit more obvious it will then start to overlap the icons and that's something I'm trying to avoid. Sorry!
    Ah, I gotcha on the signal and battery issue...it's like how the default theme has 5 bars for the signal but 5 bars for battery that goes down in half increments making them 10! It boils down to how the design of the battery and signal indicators are used within that restriction. I just thought about it and why not make the signal bar start from 10 but have decrements in twos so it would read 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 to have uniformity in the design?

Oh and about the focus on the icons, I totally hear you about them overlapping if you made them bigger. What I meant was to maybe have the icons themselves
    highlight up in a whiter colour, like the default theme for example where they sort of illuminate when they are rolled over?

Noticed that in Contacts, the box for text and the font colour are both white so you can't see what is being typed.

All just suggestions, sorry if they come across as rude or otherwise!

08-23-10 12:58 AM
    I know you love pink; a lot of girls do. But, based on the comments on my blog: purple won by 3 votes.

If I feel up to it I may make some other colors, but not right now.

it is fantastic theme , I am using the abtruse blue _not purple. i have aversion to purple once had to wear a brides maid dress in purple (it was hideous looking)
    Thanks for sharing your theme talent with us!!!!
    Last edited by brewersc; 08-23-10 at 09:17 AM.
    08-23-10 09:14 AM
    Hmm.. I have my calendar as the last icon and it brings it up for me. I scroll over to the left and I can go thru the events. Try doing a battery pull. It's working for me.
    I moved my calendar to icon 6 and it worked. Under the description, it looked like it would work as a hot-spot regardless of the icon.

Awesome theme nonetheless. I like the large number of entries.

Is the menu fonts customizable as well?
    08-23-10 10:00 AM
    I moved my calendar to icon 6 and it worked. Under the description, it looked like it would work as a hot-spot regardless of the icon.

Awesome theme nonetheless. I like the large number of entries.

Is the menu fonts customizable as well?
    It does work as a hotspot regardless of position because I have my SMS/MMS set in spot 1 and I can see the previews.
    08-23-10 12:10 PM
    Ah, I gotcha on the signal and battery issue...it's like how the default theme has 5 bars for the signal but 5 bars for battery that goes down in half increments making them 10! It boils down to how the design of the battery and signal indicators are used within that restriction. I just thought about it and why not make the signal bar start from 10 but have decrements in twos so it would read 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 to have uniformity in the design?

Oh and about the focus on the icons, I totally hear you about them overlapping if you made them bigger. What I meant was to maybe have the icons themselves
    highlight up in a whiter colour, like the default theme for example where they sort of illuminate when they are rolled over?

Noticed that in Contacts, the box for text and the font colour are both white so you can't see what is being typed.

All just suggestions, sorry if they come across as rude or otherwise!

You're not being rude, no worries there. Here is what I'm going to do regarding the icons.. I'm going to add another circle for the focus when I get home. It will look like this . . The circles will be on the bottom left and right hand corner. It should make it better.

As for the contacts box, I am really not sure what is doing that. I've never ever had that issues before in any of my themes. It's doing it for all versions

Signal meters are usually 5 bars so that's why I'm counting down from 5. Other themers have it like that too. If I count down from 10 it will be too confusing to figure out which meter is the battery and which is the signal. But I kept it uniform in the color of decreasing power and signal green>yellow>red.
    08-23-10 12:14 PM
    Can please somebody tell me what means that icon that looks like a Bullseye in the lower left and upper right corner, i've seen it everywhere and i don't know what it is!!!!
    08-23-10 12:14 PM
    You're not being rude, no worries there. Here is what I'm going to do regarding the icons.. I'm going to add another circle for the focus when I get home. It will look like this . . The circles will be on the bottom left and right hand corner. It should make it better.
    Thanks for trying to come up with a solution! But that's okay, just keep the theme the way it is

As for the contacts box, I am really not sure what is doing that. I've never ever had that issues before in any of my themes. It's doing it for all versions
    Not sure either but would be great if you can find a solution..maybe the text is just in white colour, that's why it doesn't appear?

Signal meters are usually 5 bars so that's why I'm counting down from 5. Other themers have it like that too. If I count down from 10 it will be too confusing to figure out which meter is the battery and which is the signal. But I kept it uniform in the color of decreasing power and signal green>yellow>red.
    Good point about it being not being able to tell which one is which! Didin't think about that...
    08-23-10 12:58 PM
    Thanks for trying to come up with a solution! But that's okay, just keep the theme the way it is

Not sure either but would be great if you can find a solution..maybe the text is just in white colour, that's why it doesn't appear?

Good point about it being not being able to tell which one is which! Didin't think about that...
    Well if you notice the font in my other themes, it's been changed to a different color and the font on the menu is changed to whatever the homescreen font is. I've never had the issue before with the contact text being white.. I'll double check that field though. That should not have changed.
    08-23-10 03:36 PM
    Can please somebody tell me what means that icon that looks like a Bullseye in the lower left and upper right corner, i've seen it everywhere and i don't know what it is!!!!
    I believe it has something to do with your location settings.
    08-23-10 04:24 PM
    Great job on the theme, Rach.
    08-23-10 04:29 PM
    Great job on the theme, Rach.
    Thanks SD, too bad you can't use it.
    08-23-10 05:13 PM
    looks terrific. will download when I have some more time. Thx for sharing!
    08-24-10 07:34 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD