Steveo82 - did you try RedZapper's theme for the 9700 to see if you have the same problems with the banner? It's a very similar banner and if you have the same problem with berry Weather then you might have some settings that are wrong.
    I can't say why or how but Redzapper's theme does update Berryweather. That's what I'm using now.

01-12-10 03:55 PM
    Steveo82 - did you try RedZapper's theme for the 9700 to see if you have the same problems with the banner? It's a very similar banner and if you have the same problem with berry Weather then you might have some settings that are wrong.
    I use simpleweather and I've used it with redzappers theme and it does update, it updates with every theme I have except this one for some reason. And that sucks cause I like this theme the best lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 04:04 PM
    I use simpleweather and I've used it with redzappers theme and it does update, it updates with every theme I have except this one for some reason. And that sucks cause I like this theme the best lol

I'm in the same boat... I've been using Redzapper's for a long time. I think this one improves on it considerably.
    01-12-10 04:07 PM
    It is a bit frustrating as not just weather apps but twitter apps & meterberry aren't updating either. I notice the stock icons that DO update have a separate gradient over them, so I believe Nite created them and they are included within the theme graphics. I don't have the patience to finish a theme or to learn advanced theme builder or basic composer, but maybe there is a simple solution to getting small third-party icons to update. Like a setting for proxy somethingerotherforthirdpartyicons or something similar.

01-12-10 04:51 PM
    It is a bit frustrating as not just weather apps but twitter apps & meterberry aren't updating either. I notice the stock icons that DO update have a separate gradient over them, so I believe Nite created them and they are included within the theme graphics. I don't have the patience to finish a theme or to learn advanced theme builder or basic composer, but maybe there is a simple solution to getting small third-party icons to update. Like a setting for proxy somethingerotherforthirdpartyicons or something similar.

Thats weird...mine are updating just fine in the banner (Berryweather & Meterberry).
    01-12-10 05:54 PM
    Thats weird...mine are updating just fine in the banner (Berryweather & Meterberry).
    Which version of the theme are you using? (and for ****s&giggles, what OS are you running?)

01-12-10 06:03 PM
    i just placed my smartbbattery icon in the banner, which is a icon that shows remaining battery power and it doesnt update either, but both my weather and battery meter show the current info when i go back to the icon screen? so i dunno...
    Last edited by stevo82; 01-12-10 at 07:35 PM.
    01-12-10 06:47 PM
    i just to my my smartbbattery icon in the banner, which is a icon that shows remaining battery power and it doesnt update either, but both my weather and battery meter show the current info when i go back to the icon screen? so i dunno...
    Thats strange. You can see in any of the screen shots that I have posted in this thread I have MeterBerry in the banner and mine updates with no problems whatsoever. I am running 5.0.0.423 BTW, oh, AT&T...
    01-12-10 07:07 PM
    Thats strange. You can see in any of the screen shots that I have posted in this thread I have MeterBerry in the banner and mine updates with no problems whatsoever. I am running 5.0.0.423 BTW, oh, AT&T...
    I'm using .405. I know they have different theme engines. The reverie non-transition variants didn't work well when I was using .423, so that could very well be the problem..

01-12-10 07:14 PM
    So the first three have a permanent fixed today preview?
    01-12-10 07:39 PM
    I am using Section8 Stock on a Bold 9700 loaded with .423 and all icons update fine. Try updating to .423 and see if you still encounter problems.
    01-12-10 08:56 PM
    I imagine now that it will work fine, maybe the next leak though, I gave .423 three separate chances and always concluded that .405 is the most agreeable to me

01-12-10 09:04 PM
    Which version of the theme are you using? (and for ****s&giggles, what OS are you running?)

I'm using a Tour running 5.0.0.419....w/ Original Hidden Today with stock wallpaper version.
    01-12-10 09:29 PM
    I'm using a Tour running 5.0.0.419....w/ Original Hidden Today with stock wallpaper version.
    I am also running a Tour with 5.0.0.419. Just downloaded the same version. An excellent theme - nice job. As others have written, I see you can't navigate down from the battery icon on this version, but that's about all I've found.

I'm glad it works with the Tour.
    Last edited by Foulwx; 01-12-10 at 10:30 PM.
    01-12-10 10:28 PM
    Beautiful theme, love it!!!!!!!! However, I have noticed that BerryWeather nor Weather Eye icon updates on the main screen when I place it in the 10th slot. When I go to the secondary screen, the icon updates, just not the main one.
    01-13-10 12:51 AM
    Beautiful theme, love it!!!!!!!! However, I have noticed that BerryWeather nor Weather Eye icon updates on the main screen when I place it in the 10th slot. When I go to the secondary screen, the icon updates, just not the main one.
    I'm trying to figure this out too. What OS are you using?

01-13-10 12:57 AM
    I'm trying to figure this out too. What OS are you using?

im running .405, but i dont see how the os version would matter. it updates on any other theme except this one...is it due to the icon not being full sized?
    01-13-10 01:02 AM
    im running .405, but i dont see how the os version would matter. it updates on any other theme except this one...is it due to the icon not being full sized?
    I'm also on .405 but I have used .419, .421, & .423 all of which ppl with updating icons in this theme have claimed running. Those OSs are on a different platform that has a different theme options screen, and I'd imagine a different way of running themes. I know that when I was using .423, the reverie themes that have no transitions and an application screen wallpaper matching the home screen wallpaper (on .405 & .296) instead had a white background behind the application menu. So I know the newer platform not only has a different looking theme options screen, but actually processes themes in a different way. Nite said the construction of this theme was composer-heavy, perhaps it has a newer set of code that the old platform (that .405 has, and I'm not knocking it because I like it better) just can't handle.

So I am certain our problems are unrelated to icon size.

Last edited by boobah204; 01-13-10 at 01:35 AM.
    01-13-10 01:32 AM
    Loving the theme! Donation on it's way. Do you foresee any color variety to this theme? I would love GREEN!
    01-13-10 01:34 AM
    Wow. I loved Redzapper's 3G theme but wanted more. This delivers nicely. Tour running 419, haven't found any problems yet.

01-13-10 04:47 AM
    CONFIRMED:

Updating 3rd party icons is dependent on the OS version. I have updated from .405 to .423, and all icons update now, regardless of which slot they are placed in. I believe the versions with the newer theme options (I think all of them except .296 & .405) will support this theme.

It's not the size that matters. The theme is flawless. (except on Wednesdays & Saturdays)

Last edited by boobah204; 01-13-10 at 06:15 AM.
    01-13-10 06:13 AM
    Hey guys. Hidden today updates are coming this evening.
    Thanks again!
    01-13-10 06:41 AM
    a black wallpaper hidden today ???
    it will be so sweet :P
    (crossing my finger) :P
    01-13-10 07:13 AM
    Is it just me or did anyone else have their date (upper left corner) truncated today? Wednesday the 13th?

01-13-10 07:45 AM
    Is it just me or did anyone else have their date (upper left corner) truncated today? Wednesday the 13th?

Not just you...
    01-13-10 08:28 AM
728 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD