UPDATE:
    Ok, this one is just about done. I finally got hidden today to function as I'd like. Put your calendar and messages in the first two spaces for navigation to the today area. I plan on updating the today version over the next couple of days, but the others are pretty much done unless I screwed something up. I plan to give the today area a shaded background when it displays so with bright wallpapers the text is still readable. I really appreciate everyone's support and input. It helped me make this theme a lot better than I would have originally. Thanks guys.

-8 icons on the bottom row.
    -3 user customizable buttons along the top.
    -Clicking on the battery opens up Options.
    -Clicking on the time opens the Clock.
    -Clicking on the network opens Manage Connections.
    -Clicking on the signal meter opens WiFi Setup.
    -*NEW* Click on the date to open Calendar. On today themes this opens Memo.
    -*NEW* Click on the network name (top right) to open Browser.
    -*NEW* Press space bar for QuicklLaunch
    -*NEW* Press $ for SMS/MMS (did I get that one right?)

I didn't mention it earlier but my inspiration for this theme came from RedZapper's 3G 9700 theme. It's a great theme and it inspired me to make my own theme that has more buttons along the top. Credit for the banner style goes to him.

This is a work in progress but I'm taking a break for a bit so I'll call this one done for now. It feels complete but I'm definitely open to suggestions. Any feedback is welcome too, positive or negative.

Composer is awesome. It's like theme builder on steroids.

Programs used were theme builder, composer and photoshop cs3.
    Thanks guys!
    Big thanks to iBlizz for setting me up with the hosting space.
    Big thanks to jOhnnyRingo for ota hosting as well.

The themes: All are OTA links.
    The original theme updated.
    The original with stock wallpapers.
    A version with all black wallpapers.
    Original Hidden Today version.
    Original Hidden Today with stock wallpaper version.

Donations are welcome. I appreciate all the feedback I'm getting!
    Thanks guys!

Last edited by NiteWalker; 01-11-10 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Semi-final update.
    neneclix likes this.
    01-07-10 05:40 PM
    Haven't tried this yet, will when ota is up, but might I recommend that the battery be a shortcut to options instead of power down? There's already a hard button for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 06:00 PM
    Going to give it a shot now. Will report back. Thanks for sharing.
    01-07-10 06:02 PM
    This theme is really cool... runs smoothly... only thing i would do to it is possibly making the bottom dock hidden... but its great as is... good job...
    Last edited by b1time; 01-07-10 at 06:04 PM. Reason: changed
    01-07-10 06:03 PM
    Sick wallpaper also..
    01-07-10 06:09 PM
    gonna try it now , was wondering though is it possible for a regular 8 icon bottom dock ??? with just the profile in the banner ??
    01-07-10 06:37 PM
    Can't wait for the OTA link. This looks like the theme I've been waiting on. Thanks for all your hard work, Nite. That wallpaper is slick. You do that yourself?
    01-07-10 06:51 PM
    Going to give it a shot now. Will report back. Thanks for sharing.
    Infernox, please advise if there is a hidden 'today' function if you don't mind sir/madam.
    01-07-10 06:52 PM
    No hidden today (yet), and the wallpaper is just something I found on the net. My favorite though. I have it on my laptop screen too.

Haven't tried this yet, will when ota is up, but might I recommend that the battery be a shortcut to options instead of power down? There's already a hard button for that.

I think I'll do that. Almost forgot about the end key power off (duh!).
    Thanks. Changing now.
    Edit: Updated theme. Thanks again for the input.
    Last edited by NiteWalker; 01-07-10 at 07:09 PM.
    01-07-10 07:02 PM
    This looks great! I'm really starting to appreciate the "stock-like" themes as they seem to run the fastest and smoothest on the phone! Thanks!
    01-07-10 07:18 PM
    Yeah, that was my goal for this one. I wanted smaller icons, and more of them. Also, probably more than anything, I wanted a functional banner. So I made it all pretty in photoshop, created some buttons in composer and then did all the tweaks to get it running smoothly.

I'm happy with it so far. I might change the delete confirm buttons to match the rest of the style later, but it works fine now.
    01-07-10 07:35 PM
    Need help with the OTA? I can host it up for you.
    01-07-10 08:01 PM
    Sweet!! Gonna use this
    01-07-10 09:04 PM
    Working well on my 8900-5.0.0.411
    Very nice theme, thank you for sharing! In my opinion, the only thing i would like to see is a hidden today option but love it anyway.
    01-07-10 09:21 PM
    OTA is up! Thanks Ringo.

Hidden today coming in a day or two.
    Which spaces should I make the hidden today spaces?
    01-07-10 09:29 PM
    OTA is up! Thanks Ringo.

Sweet! Spaces 1 through 6 or me but Hidden Today only work for messages, calendar and Phone so whatever works for you
    01-07-10 09:33 PM
    I have to say that this is one of my new Fav's!!! Thank you!
    01-07-10 09:41 PM
    This is a great theme. Thanks for sharing it. My only other opinion on it is that I'd like to see spacebar launch QuickLaunch.
    Last edited by jerkules; 01-07-10 at 10:49 PM.
    01-07-10 10:43 PM
    I can do that no problem. Probably tomorrow I'll update it.
    I'm glad you like it.

01-07-10 11:02 PM
    In addition to that spacebar shortcut for quicklaunch, could you please assign the "$" key to sms/mms? That would totally complete this amazing theme!!!! Thanks in advance!
    01-07-10 11:08 PM
    So far. Its really good!! Looking forward to the upcoming updates. Keep up the fantastic work.

01-08-10 01:29 AM
    Great theme! This is one of the best Ive seen cause its exactly what I was looking for with a few things added i didnt even think of, awesome work! Usually I'll try a theme for a while but always end up going back to stock but I think this is a keeper! If I could be a stickler and ask for a version with the stock wall papers with the icon and keyboard lock screen? Not hating on yours but I just like the stock look. Thanks again and I cant wait for the hidden today!
    01-08-10 01:56 AM
    Hi,

this is a really great theme. But there is one thing, I don't like - the wallpaper of the lock-screen. Would you please remove the fixed one, so that I can see my own wallpaper which I use on my home-screen? This would make the theme perfect for me (and maybe for some other guys).

Thanks,
    key2k
    01-08-10 02:40 AM
    Just downloaded. This theme looks great! You did an awesome job on it.

OTA is up! Thanks Ringo.

If you add the hidden today it should enable it for all of the icons. Only certain ones will actually show entries though.

This is a great theme. Thanks for sharing it. My only other opinion on it is that I'd like to see spacebar launch QuickLaunch.
    I'd like to see the spacebar as something other than QL, maybe SMS, since QL now has it's own keyboard shortcut. Personally I don't need two keys launching the same application.

01-08-10 02:51 AM
    This is a very very nice theme, similar to 3G theme by redzapper (my preferred theme, the graphics are the best for me: simple and clear), but with more customizable icons!
    I would be happy to see a fixed calendar today (or hidden with messages too) and would be nice if you add a quicklounch shortcut to the space bar and a sms shortcut to the $ key.
    I hate transitions, but someone love them....
    Last edited by teod; 01-08-10 at 07:48 AM.
    01-08-10 04:11 AM
728 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD