01-25-10 03:16 PM
31 12
tools
    All,

I am throwing this out there for everyone to demo at their own will.
    It features 18 icons on the bottom that slide left to right and right to left. A lot of themes only come with 15, however, this is 18.

The background has a www dot mattginsberg dot net demo stamp on it. If you like it, please buy it (coming soon).

You can change the background if you want, but it wont match up (because its a demo). On the purchased version, you will be able to use any type of background due to a custom header image. Thank you for your interest.

Please post your comments in here. I want to know what could be better. This theme is a traditional ZEN theme. Today themes will be available for purchase (hidden today, messages today, calendar today, today plus). I am also in the making of creating this with two small icons by the time (see image below).

Please enjoy.

Matt

Picture of theme:

Picture of icon placement (they wont move) coming soon:

OTA Link:
    http://www.mattginsberg.net/themes/b...e_sns_demo.jad

When available, theme will only be $2.50
    Last edited by b15ginz; 01-22-10 at 05:42 PM.
    01-22-10 05:30 PM
    No one trying it? Awesome. This is gonna be a hot seller. Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 09:16 AM
    Looks interesting, and I like the "trial" idea. A couple of questions:

Will it have QuickLaunch support?
    Shortcut for SMS (like the $ key)?

And I think themes need to supporting this app (like they support QuickLaunch): http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/sea...atures-406724/. Maybe in the form of an on-screen graphic (like the Google search box in Android)?

Good luck and I'll be checking back.
    01-23-10 09:27 AM
    Ql is def in.

And I have been looking for an app like that. Thanks.

01-23-10 09:48 AM
    I d/l this and it works quite well. Very smooth. Just a guess - but I suspect the giant branding across the homescreen is discouraging people from d/l. However, from your perspective as the theme creator, I can certainly see why you do this.

I think at $2.50, this will sell.

01-23-10 11:13 AM
    The the demo is like that. Your ablke to change the background, but like I said it would be way off. The purchased version will take that away.

01-23-10 11:54 AM
    I like the look ... I agree that keyboard shortcuts for Quicklaunch and others (SMS, Music, etc.) are all the rage and a great addition. I'm going to hold off for the one with the two additional icons at the top of the home screen. I am going to put my weather app and Meterberry (if you haven't tried it, it's awesome!) ... I also like the added touch of putting the battery percentage in the battery meter. Will the applications screen have the same carbon fiber look? Nice work!
    01-23-10 12:26 PM
    Yes. It has carbon fiber throughoutr.

01-23-10 12:42 PM
    I'm going to give it a try. Looks like it may have the functionality I prefer in a theme.
    01-23-10 12:58 PM
    Just installed it and it looks very nice. Thanks for the trial.

1) Was able to change wallpaper with no problem.
    2) I would love to see 2 rows of icons on the bottom:
    a)top one with 6 fixed icons.
    b)bottom one slider like you have.
    3) I'd prefer if the background when you hit the menu button showing the icons was all black.
    4) When you move up to the sounds profile icon (top left) you can't see that choices until you move over them - don't like that.
    5) The network name above clock and the UMA indicator could be a little larger.
    6) Add Quicklaunch to the space bar
    7) I really like the native icons, fonts and color scheme. Too many 3rd party themes change this and some are tough to read.
    8) Once you are finished would you consider making some personal changes for a small fee?
    9) A Today addition to the calendar would be nice.
    10) Transitions would be nice

If I think of anything else as I use it I will let you know.
    Last edited by TheBronx; 01-23-10 at 05:17 PM.
    01-23-10 02:10 PM
    Ql is def in.

And I have been looking for an app like that. Thanks.
    No problem. I don't work for them or anything, but beta tested it because is was also an app I was looking for, and I love it.

Spacebar seems to be the de facto theme shortcut for QL. The $ key for SMS. Those two should definitely be in.
    01-23-10 02:30 PM
    Is beautiful theme, also possible paying something in more, to have aloft the same theme with the two icons to the sides, but with the today visible plus?? 2x messages and 4x calendar.?
    01-23-10 04:36 PM
    Is beautiful theme, also possible paying something in more, to have aloft the same theme with the two icons to the sides, but with the today visible plus?? 2x messages and 4x calendar.?
    Or better yet, like the Onyxia 2.1 theme, have the Calendar on the left side and the Messages on the right of the screen, always showing. *That* would be sweet.
    01-23-10 04:40 PM
    Perfect, what I wanted to say me, calendar to the left and messages to the right, the main point is that is always visible, not only when the icon of the calendar is underlined, but always as in the themes today plus or in the theme Onyxia 2,1
    01-23-10 04:52 PM
    I like the theme very much based on the demo and the extra features the full version would add would make it perfect.
    I like a hidden today feature and having my weather app up in the corner.
    So, I'll probably buy the full version when it's available. Thanks for the demo!
    It runs very smoothly and the 18 icon scroll is great. I don't use QL so it's nice to have access to that many apps on my main screen. My minimum requirement on the home screen is 10 but I had no trouble filling up the scroll.
    Looking forward to the full version.
    01-24-10 01:10 PM
    What is the module for Quicklaunch? I think its actually Quicklaunch but not sure.
    01-24-10 05:33 PM
    v. 1.0.0.101 is out.

Added background to profiles
    Added QL hotkey. Press $ (let me know if this doesnt work)

DEMO OTA:
    01-24-10 06:27 PM
    v. 1.0.0.101 is out.

Added background to profiles
    Added QL hotkey. Press $ (let me know if this doesnt work)

DEMO OTA:
    Most themes have the Spacebar used for QL and $ for SMS. Just a recommendation.
    01-24-10 07:50 PM
    Any idea how to do a spacebar hotkey? I'm only seeing a single key and not a spacebar option.

01-24-10 07:53 PM
    figured out spacebar hotkey. I will do that tonight or tomorrow.
    01-24-10 09:04 PM
    Fixed.

$ Hotkey opens SMS
    Spacebar Hotkey opens QuickLaunch

DEMO OTA:
    01-24-10 09:35 PM
    Downloaded the theme and I gotta say I really like it, can't wait for the final version!

01-24-10 11:52 PM
    I should have the one to purchase done tomorrow but it takes about 24 hours to get uploaded to the crackberry store. The way you see it is how the final will work. Except with the final, you will be able to used just about any background you want. I used a picture of my wife and I and it wasn't dark enough, so I think lighter pictures r no good. I'm also using a version with the two buttons at the top and a droid like 6 icon bottom dock. Its def. Almost finished.

01-24-10 11:57 PM
    Seems to be a problem with this one. All the icons on the sliding bar are the same.

01-25-10 02:47 AM
    I didnt test it in Simulator... I will take a look at the issue...
    01-25-10 09:30 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD