View Poll Results: What kind of transitions do you want to see on the theme?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • fade

8 57.14%
  • slides (reply with specifics)

1 7.14%
  • wipe (reply with specifics)

2 14.29%
  • zoom (reply with specifics)

3 21.43%
    Well, hardly a "corgi theme," but more of a stock theme with a corgi wallpaper. If you like it, you'll have to suffer with a pic of my dogs for a few mins. This is my first theme. It works very well if you want to see lots of your wall paper and you don't like to go to the applications screen.

So this was mostly inspired by section 8 (8 bottom dynamic icons, with wifi, clock and calendar at the top), which had been one of my favorite themes for sometime. This theme is not so great if you dial from your homescreen.

If you like it, donate to one of the developers who makes free themes on this site.

I'm editing this post just to reflect updates. Check out my second post for more details on the theme.

Normal theme without transitions (March 1, 2010 v0.4.2)

Theme with transitions, and hidden today (March 1, 2010 v0.4.2)

For those of you who are interested in the svg, I uploaded it. I'll update it along with the theme. Open it with a text/html editor.
    svg (March 1, 2010 v0.4.2)

If you actually use the svg, these images might help. You could always replace them with your own images by giving them the same name.
    images

The pics are all of the theme with transitions (fade), but both are basically the same. There is no hidden today on the Normal theme.
    Last edited by olive48; 03-01-10 at 12:47 PM.
    02-27-10 12:02 PM
    The keyboard is why I got a bb and not another phone. I certainly didn't get it for the os. If at some point in the future RIM can't keep competing in the mobile phone business, they should just keep making keyboards for other phone manufactures. So, let's take advantage of it.

If you choose to use this theme, you'll be best served by going into phone options and disabling dial from home screen. You can then dial by pressing the green phone button or p.

Added Keyboard shortuts (from home screen):
    0 = manage connections
    $ = SMS/MMS
    sp = quicklaunch
    r = [R]ing (profiles)
    w = App [W]orld
    g = [G]oogle Mobile App
    f = [F]acebook
    x = Poynt (cause, you know, there's a point in the middle of x...reachin)
    y = [Y]elp (when will they enable commenting from your bb???)

Native Keyboard Shortcuts:
    t = [T]asks
    u = Calc[U]lator
    o = [O]ptions
    p = [P]hone
    a = [A]dresses
    s = [S]earch
    d = [D]umb shortcut key for memos
    k = loc[K]
    l = Ca[L]endar
    c = [C]ompose message
    v = Sa[V]ed messages
    b = [B]rowser
    n = Messa[N]ger
    m = [M]essages

I reorganized the default folders. I moved the apps around, so take a look inside. Also changed the default downloads to a folder called "vpl crap." You may want to change it back after you install the theme. I did this because if you're on tmo with a 9700, like I am, they push loads of links to your device, and everytime you install a new theme, you have to move all their stuff somewhere. I move them to this aptly named folder, then I hide it. Unfortunately, I don't think that you can disable the carriers push adverts, so this was the best solution I could come up with. Unfortunately, all your downloads end up there too (but since I don't keep my downloaded items in my downloads folder, it just made sense to do this way; I only have to move downloads out and keep all the vpl links in). Maybe you guys know of some better alternatives?

There's a slider at the bottom for those icons that do not change when in focus.

Some shortcut code from my svg:

Code:
    <loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://net_rim_bb_manage_connections.ManageConnections"  begin="accessKey(0)"/>
    <loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://net_rim_bb_messaging_app.sms_and_mms"  begin="accessKey($)"/>
    <loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://QuickLaunch"  begin="accessKey( )"/>
    <loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://net_rim_bb_profiles_app.Profiles"  begin="accessKey(r)"/>
    <loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://net_rim_bb_appworld"  begin="accessKey(w)"/>
    <loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://GoogleSearch"  begin="accessKey(g)"/>
    <loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://net_rim_bb_facebook"  begin="accessKey(f)"/>
    <loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://Poynt"  begin="accessKey(x)"/>
    <loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://Yelp"  begin="accessKey(y)"/>
    Bugs:
    I'll list the bugs that I've found here. Since I'm really not into transitions, and I'm just crafting a theme for myself, I'll be using the non-transitions version. Fortunately, I have not really found any bugs yet. The clock cuts off a little when viewing 12hr during some minutes of the 11 and 12 o'clock hours, but it's related to the clock size and how much space I've accorded it. I may just leave it how it is since I would have to reduce the amount of space for the network/calendar or reduce the size of the clock. I don't really want to do either. I could also left justify it, but then it would be less centered. What do you guys think?

corgs v0.4.2
    -none really, just a little issue with the clock display as mentioned above.

corgs_transitions v0.4.2
    -eight icon not connected with the top menu. Will update for v0.4.3

Future Updates:
    Add ShortcutMe to spacebar.
    Add weather functionality
    -add w key support to both versions
    -add weather icon to transition version.
    Last edited by olive48; 03-01-10 at 12:58 PM.
    02-28-10 01:19 AM
    looks great. thx for sharing. does this have transition?
    02-28-10 01:14 PM
    I haven't done transitions. What transitions do you like? Actually, if I get a consensus from others on the board about what transitions you're into, I'll make one with the most popular in a couple days.

I never added transitions because I read on some boards that they can effect performance. Have you guys experienced this?
    02-28-10 04:05 PM
    Nice. Can you add a dedicated weather slot?
    02-28-10 05:00 PM
    Fade transitions please! also, transparent menus would be super too!

Thanks!!!!!
    02-28-10 05:40 PM
    Cool. Keep up the suggestions for transitions. +1 for fade.

With the weather slot, can you send me a link to a tutorial? I'll look into it as well as transparent menus.
    02-28-10 05:48 PM
    Cool. Keep up the suggestions for transitions. +1 for fade.

With the weather slot, can you send me a link to a tutorial? I'll look into it as well as transparent menus.
    I wish I knew--no clue how to make themes. But, looking forward to using yours. Hoipefuily, somebody else will know how to add the weather slot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 05:58 PM
    I've made it my new theme. Thanks!

02-28-10 06:03 PM
    How about today on the home screen?

02-28-10 06:07 PM
    J, I'll try to add hidden today to the version I do with transitions. I actually don't know how to do any of this (except the transitions) yet, so I'll have to look into it. Since I'm not using composer, I'll try to figure out how to implement some or all of these requests in an updated theme.

I'll research the today and weather requests when I get the time, but if someone knows of effective code that can be added to the svg, feel free to send that info along. I don't mind coding this stuff and theme builder makes sense to me, but composer and I just don't get along very well. Unfortunately, I think that's where this is first created.
    02-28-10 06:39 PM
    Transitions version with hidden today is now available. There's also a little slider at the bottom for those icons that do not change when in focus.
    03-01-10 09:16 AM
    Transitions version with hidden today is now available. There's also a little slider at the bottom for those icons that do not change when in focus.
    any chance of getting the weather slot added?
    03-01-10 09:17 AM
    There is. I just haven't figured out how to do it yet. I'll put it on the transitions version when I add it. Check back in around the weekend. I'll have more time.
    03-01-10 10:14 AM
    This theme is great!! Finally someone that uses shortcuts.

Possible to change the "w" shortcut for app world? "W" is already a shortcut for us berryweather users.

Oh and I looove corgi's! Planning to get one by the end of this year.

03-01-10 11:15 AM
    I completely agree with your thinking on hotkeys and appreciate how many you've added here.

Could you please add support for ShortcutMe on the spacebar? It should just be a matter of adding a 2nd command into Composer, and that way it will work for both Quicklaunch and ShortcutMe users.
    03-01-10 11:20 AM
    This theme is great!! Finally someone that uses shortcuts.

Possible to change the "w" shortcut for app world? "W" is already a shortcut for us berryweather users.

Oh and I looove corgi's! Planning to get one by the end of this year.

I <3 corgs. They're such willful little pains in the ****, but sooo much fun! Just make sure to teach your dog who's boss when you get it; otherwise, it will rule the house.

Is my shortcut interfering with your berryweather app? If so, I'll try to figure out a way to stop it from doing that. I could change the app world key altogether or add berryweather first, so when those with berryweather press "w," they launch berryweather instead of appworld. Can you let me know the exact module name for berry weather? It'll be listed in options | applications.
    03-01-10 12:29 PM
    I completely agree with your thinking on hotkeys and appreciate how many you've added here.

Could you please add support for ShortcutMe on the spacebar? It should just be a matter of adding a 2nd command into Composer, and that way it will work for both Quicklaunch and ShortcutMe users.
    I'll add shortcutme in addition. Can you send me the module name that you would add composer? Can I just refer to it as ShortcutMe?

I don't actually use composer or shortcut me, so I'll add it after I hear back from you, but can you let me know if it works afterwards?
    03-01-10 12:32 PM
    Did this forum really censor b*tt? Haha.
    03-01-10 12:33 PM
    I'll add shortcutme in addition. Can you send me the module name that you would add composer? Can I just refer to it as ShortcutMe?

I don't actually use composer or shortcut me, so I'll add it after I hear back from you, but can you let me know if it works afterwards?
    Yes, I believe it's just "ShortcutMe"

I'd be happy to test, thanks!
    03-01-10 01:33 PM
    cool. lmk if this works.

corgs transitions alpha

If it does, I'll update both versions in the next update.
    03-01-10 01:51 PM
    Fade transitions please! also, transparent menus would be super too!

Thanks!!!!!
    I tried transparent menus, but it looks like most users would have a lot of difficulty seeing the text in the menu. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you? Can you send a link to a theme that has used them?

I'm going to hold off on adding them for now. I wonder if someone has been able to get the text to use the inverse color of the background, but I really feel like the bb does not support this.
    03-01-10 02:24 PM
    cool. lmk if this works.

corgs transitions alpha

If it does, I'll update both versions in the next update.
    It works!

Thank you and nicely done. The pic of the Corgi's is darn cute although I'm a Smooth Coated Fox Terrier kinda guy. My parent's were both vets, so I've got a soft spot for animals in general.
    03-01-10 03:29 PM
    Great! Glad to hear. I'll include it in the coming updates then.

Yeah, the corgis are actually my parents' too. I call them mine, and I love to visit them (and sometimes my parents), but it's always nice to see the dogs. aww, poor parents.

Smooth Coated Fox Terriers are very cool dogs. Well, at least one is.

Glad you enjoy the theme.
    03-01-10 04:21 PM
    Port it to 8520 w/ os 5.0 please,

Theme with hotkey is the best...

Cheers

03-16-10 06:11 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD