Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with info on how to change the color of the meters such as signal or battery meters. Also the color of the new message icon. I have a BB Bold 9700. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    01-11-10 11:13 PM
    These are defined in the theme by an image associated with it. In plazmic theme builder (which is free from blackberry web site) the options for changing these are somewhat self explanatory, but you'll have to design new icons and meters to change the colors. Tutorials can be found with a forum search or google.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 01:21 AM
    These are defined in the theme by an image associated with it. In plazmic theme builder (which is free from blackberry web site) the options for changing these are somewhat self explanatory, but you'll have to design new icons and meters to change the colors. Tutorials can be found with a forum search or google.

Oh ok! Thanks so much!
    01-12-10 02:13 AM
    With a program like PhotoShop, PaintShop, GIMP, etc you can change the color of the stock meters and icons.

01-12-10 07:32 AM
    With a program like PhotoShop, PaintShop, GIMP, etc you can change the color of the stock meters and icons.

Can you please tell me where I can find stock meters and icons? Thanks!
    01-12-10 10:54 AM
    Can you please tell me where I can find stock meters and icons? Thanks!
    Do you already have Theme Builder installed? If it is TB 5.0 you can go to C:\\Program Files\Research in Motion\BlackBerry Theme Studio 5.0\Samples\Theme\Images (I think that's the right order, not at my PC so I can't check it right now. It might be Images then Themes first.) For the 9700 you'll want to select Precision 480x320. The icons for Tour/Bold/9700/8900 themes are all located in that folder.

01-12-10 01:30 PM
    Do you already have Theme Builder installed? If it is TB 5.0 you can go to C:\\Program Files\Research in Motion\BlackBerry Theme Studio 5.0\Samples\Theme\Images (I think that's the right order, not at my PC so I can't check it right now. It might be Images then Themes first.) For the 9700 you'll want to select Precision 480x320. The icons for Tour/Bold/9700/8900 themes are all located in that folder.

Wowww!! Thanks so much! Thats exactly what I needed! And yes I have TB 5.0. Again thank you!!
    01-12-10 02:34 PM
    Hi! One more question, I have Photoshop CS4. I would like to color the stock icons (contacts, messages, browser etc..) to match my background. I tried using the paint bucket tool but its not coming out right. Is there another way to color the icons with photoshop? Thanks!
    01-13-10 03:00 PM
    I'm not familiar with PhotoShop so I'm not 100% sure, but you want to look for a color changer tool, or something similar.

01-14-10 04:24 AM
    Any idea on how to assign different icons to different mailboxes? I have 6 email accounts on my BB 9700, and they all use the "messages" icon. If I were to create additional icons to tell them apart, how would I assign the icon to a specific e-mail box? I know they did this with Yahoo mail, which has its own icon, but how to do it with other accounts?
    Last edited by chi50; 01-15-10 at 11:15 AM.
    01-15-10 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD