I am running 6.0.0.418 on my 9700 for about 4 days now and i noticed something yesterday. I got these fb notifications in my inbox and i can't delete some of them. There are about 3 of them that won't go away and i tried the 'mark prior read' approach and the 'delete prior' approach as well and those messages won't disappear. Is this a bug in the software? One more thing, i installed a new holiday theme and can't seem to be able to install it as my theme. Any ideas?
    12-16-10 09:55 AM
    I am running 6.0.0.418 on my 9700 for about 4 days now and i noticed something yesterday. i installed a new holiday theme and can't seem to be able to install it as my theme. Any ideas?
    Is this one of the three official RIM holiday themes? I thought those would work.

Otherwise, all 3rd party themes will NOT work on any device with BB6 except the Torch. The beta Theme Builder 6 is only released for the Torch for some reason. I'm they'll rectify this soon, but the natives are getting restless...
    12-16-10 10:29 AM
    I am not sure if I installed an official holiday them. I just searched holiday themes on Crackberry and installed the one I liked most.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 10:36 AM
    EDIT: Looks like info I read was totally wrong and I passed it on without double-checking. These themes do NOT work with devices on BB6 except Torch. Very sorry!

Okay that won't work. These 3 themes are only available in App World, and maybe from the BB site.

Here's their links. Clicking from your device should open them in App World.

BlackBerry App World - BlackBerry Exclusive Holiday Theme - Let It Snow Blue

BlackBerry App World - BlackBerry Exclusive Holiday Theme - Happy Holidays Red

BlackBerry App World - BlackBerry Exclusive Holiday Theme - Share The Joy
    Last edited by elite1; 12-17-10 at 01:20 PM. Reason: posted incorrect info. very sorry guys!!!
    josh05 likes this.
    12-16-10 10:52 AM
    ok, i see them. Thanks.
    12-16-10 12:59 PM
    We'll all have to wait until the theme builder gets a release for the 9700/9780/9650/9670, etc or any device that runs or is capacable of running OS 6.

12-16-10 04:57 PM
    We'll all have to wait until the theme builder gets a release for the 9700/9780/9650/9670, etc or any device that runs or is capacable of running OS 6.

That's ok. I personally don't plan on going back to 5.0 so I'll just wait it out.

12-16-10 05:03 PM
    ok, i see them. Thanks.
    Whoops, I fixed the bad link in the middle for the red one. They should be in the Top 25 themes regardless.

There's been one other that should work. If you search DevCon theme, RIM released a special theme earlier this year to celebrate their big developers' conference. It's just a tweak on the BB6 theme (and a little less polished) with highlights in a different colour. (Teal?)
    12-16-10 05:09 PM
    Whoops, I fixed the bad link in the middle for the red one. They should be in the Top 25 themes regardless.

There's been one other that should work. If you search DevCon theme, RIM released a special theme earlier this year to celebrate their big developers' conference. It's just a tweak on the BB6 theme (and a little less polished) with highlights in a different colour. (Teal?)
    Yeah, I know about the lnik. It told me that my device software isn't supported so I used app world to find the theme.

12-16-10 05:17 PM
    Okay here's the page to download the Devcon theme if you or anyone else wants to try it:

BlackBerry® Developer Conference - DEVCON Themes

EDIT: Torch is only BB6 device that works with this one too. Sorry!
    Last edited by elite1; 12-17-10 at 01:22 PM.
    12-16-10 05:25 PM
    Ok. How do I change themes? I don't see the option to change themes.

12-16-10 05:45 PM
    Okay here's the page to download the Devcon theme if you or anyone else wants to try it:

BlackBerry® Developer Conference - DEVCON Themes
    Is this only for OS6 devices, or 9700 on 5.0 also?
    12-16-10 06:01 PM
    I am running 6.0.0.418 on my 9700 for about 4 days now and i noticed something yesterday. I got these fb notifications in my inbox and i can't delete some of them. There are about 3 of them that won't go away and i tried the 'mark prior read' approach and the 'delete prior' approach as well and those messages won't disappear. Is this a bug in the software? One more thing, i installed a new holiday theme and can't seem to be able to install it as my theme. Any ideas?

I am having the same issue w/ face book messages. I am using v5.0.0.979 (just recently made this upgrade) and have noticed that now every time my phone restarts, I have old face book messages (from months ago) that I cannot delete. I have also tried the delete prior, and nothing works.
    Also, any time I restart my phone, face book messages in my in box duplicate themselves. I can delete one message, but not the other.
    It's very annoying and I can't stand it anymore! HELP PLEASE!
    12-16-10 08:46 PM
    Is this only for OS6 devices, or 9700 on 5.0 also?
    Yep works on 480x360 devices running OS 5 as well.

I used it on my 9700 with OS5 when it first came out, long before the first BB6 leaks.
    12-16-10 08:50 PM
    Ok. How do I change themes? I don't see the option to change themes.
    Open up the Options app. (ie wrench icon)

Start typing "themes" and by the time you've typed "th" your first option should be Screen Display. Select that.

Scroll down past Font and Backlight sections to the Theme section, and select your desired theme.
    12-16-10 08:59 PM
    Did you figure it out, Josh?
    12-17-10 11:23 AM
    Did you figure it out, Josh?
    Not quite. I tried yesterday and couldn't find the option so I just left it as it is.

12-17-10 11:27 AM
    Not quite. I tried yesterday and couldn't find the option so I just left it as it is.
    So egg on my face!
    Looks like info I read was wrong. I've had 2 users with BB6 leaks, one with a 9700 and one with a 9650, test these. They don't work.

Only BB6 device that this works with is Torch, like anything else.
    Very sorry to waste your time! And I hate posting incorrect info!
    I've edited my posts above to reflect this.
    12-17-10 02:06 PM
    I don't know what the deal is with the FB notifications in the message folders either...sometimes they delete and other times they don't.

Seems to be deleting fine now under the .418 leak for me, but you the OP are having the issue on same leak.

Maybe it is the app? Who knows, just another small issue to me. Hopefully it is fixed in due time though.

12-18-10 08:04 AM
    I am having the same issue w/ face book messages. I am using v5.0.0.979 (just recently made this upgrade) and have noticed that now every time my phone restarts, I have old face book messages (from months ago) that I cannot delete. I have also tried the delete prior, and nothing works.
    Also, any time I restart my phone, face book messages in my in box duplicate themselves. I can delete one message, but not the other.
    It's very annoying and I can't stand it anymore! HELP PLEASE!
    This started happening to me after FB upgraded to 1.9. What works for me is clearing the cache in FB options, followed by a device restart. Once it boots up, the undeletable messages are gone.

12-18-10 11:13 AM
    [QUOTE=starchit;5876720]This started happening to me after FB upgraded to 1.9. What works for me is clearing the cache in FB options, followed by a device restart. Once it boots up, the undeletable messages are gone.

But is the reboot necessary every time this happens? It's bad enough that quickpull won't work with my bb now that it runs 6.0.

12-18-10 11:53 AM
    I've only experienced this twice since installing 1.9 and clearing cache and rebooting had to be performed. As to why this happens with the FB app and most of the time it doesn't? No clue. Obviously, it app related.

12-18-10 01:43 PM
    I tried that, but it didn't work for me. I even deleted the face book app, (v 1.9) and reinstalled it. I guess I'll have to live w/ them there. At least the messages didn't duplicate this time after a restart.

Thanks for the assistance anyway.
    12-19-10 09:34 PM
    I've only experienced this twice since installing 1.9 and clearing cache and rebooting had to be performed. As to why this happens with the FB app and most of the time it doesn't? No clue. Obviously, it app related.

how do you clear the cache? i've been facing the same prob and it is very annoying.
    This prob should be highlighted to who? RIM?
    12-20-10 03:27 AM
    how do you clear the cache? i've been facing the same prob and it is very annoying.
    This prob should be highlighted to who? RIM?
    Launch facebook, then hit Menu > Options. Scroll down to Clear cache, answer yes, back out to the home screen, do a battery pull.

12-20-10 07:08 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD