Is the BlackBerry Theme Studio v.5.0 something that an average Joe/Jane can handle to build a theme for the BlackBerry Bold 9700, or should I be looking at another type of theme builder, or should I just give up on the idea? I have above-average computer skills, but am not familiar with programming language (except a little html). My ultimate goal is to fill up my screen with more than 10 calendar entries that are always visible. Thanks.
    04-02-10 09:51 AM
    Yes of course. I did a theme all by myself for my Storm2 using Theme Builder which you can download free from blackberry.com. Just make sure you know what you want and download icons from the internet to help you along the way.
    04-02-10 10:14 AM
    CB even has a forum dedicated to just this: Theme Developers' Forum
    04-02-10 10:16 AM
    It's pretty easy if you start off with the basic theme, it's almost like "coding" a webpage with a WYSIWYG app. You'll need programming language skills if you need to add some new/advanced features to the theme such as a hidden dock.
    04-02-10 10:20 AM
    Theme building basics are real simple, but once you get away from the basics it becomes VERY complicated IMO. I have some experience with .svg files and it is tedious work at times. But if you are going to do something basic in TB based off the default zen, then you should have no problem. Good luck!
    04-02-10 10:54 AM
    Absolutely! It is point and click easy It can be a little time consuming depending on what you're trying to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD