Boxy is a FREE minimal theme (inspired by the Danboard or Danbo doll that is featured in so many wallpapers across the net) with 2 versions available as a his or hers at this time....Blue and Pink. This is a simple VERY SMALL MEMORY FOOTPRINT theme packed with features. I will take suggestions and ideas regarding the theme and may include them in updates but I work a very taxing career in law enforcement on a special ops team and have lateral duties in addition to raising my son as a single parent....so keep that in mind and be patient. I believe the CB community should share freely so enjoy these free themes and as always......if you download this theme please show me some love so I know what I got right and if you just browse but have an idea how I can take it to the next level.....chime in with your ideas. I appreciate all the feedback and it makes doing this worthwhile knowing I have contributed to the community. Thank you as always. AlphaKoi

*** UPDATED WITH 2 NEW VERSIONS FOR THOSE WHO LIKE SIMPLE OR PLAIN SCREENS ****

Features

* 6 user defined icons down the left side of the homescreen
    * 6 static icons down the right side of the homescreen
    * A blackberry button on the bottom left clicked to show the hidden dock
    * A 9 icon user defined hidden dock (thats hidden by the escape key)
    * A static "weather app" slot on the top right
    * Custom transparent menus,buttons,OEM OS6 icons (see thank you),indicators,hourglass, and more
    * User selectable fonts (OPTIONS>SCREEN/KEYBOARD)
    * Wallpaper friendly screens featuring Danbo (homescreen is user selectable)

Hot Keys

Spacebar = QuickLaunch
    F = Facebook
    T = Twitter
    $ = SMS/MMS
    M = Messages
    C = Compose

Theme Notes
    This is an OS 5.0 release and as with any new theme please perform a battery pull after downloading. See navigation key for directions regarding navigating the homescreen....with the static icons....press right to show the hidden today area.
    ** Please note** I will update this theme when the new photos are approved by the photographer. For now I am using photobucket posted pictures. If there is any issue regarding these photos do not hesitate to contact me. thank you

Thank You Section
    * Thank you BBTHEMELAB.com for the tutorials and the icon set. Please visit this website for all your needs. They have helped me learn a lot of what I know. (‘Icon set used: Blackberry OS6 OEM Icons Edited by awayu from www.bbthemelab.com.’)

* Thank you CB community for all the love and for all the support. Cant say that enough. Please leave feedback

If you enjoy this and want to help a single father out, please donate so I can add to my son's college fund. Anything donated goes directly to him. This isn't a ploy or a rouse, I just am doing everything I can on a meager salary. If you do not donate I still hope you enjoy this and give back to our CB community. Please give me feedback (good or not) if you download this theme. Thank you so much

Last edited by alphakoi; 09-21-10 at 01:43 AM.
    08-28-10 03:57 PM
    Very nice work again!

As soon as I'm tired of my theme boxy blue it is!

Keep it up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 06:29 PM
    This is a super amazing theme! Of course I downloaded them both. I absolutely LOVE them! Best minimal theme that I have used yet. Keep up the awesome work! You rock.

08-28-10 09:42 PM
    This looks amazing!! I've been waiting for another great pink theme to come along... I'm almost too excited to wait for a battery pull

08-28-10 11:08 PM
    Amazing work! Can you change the icon screen to a plain pink and a plain blue? Thr icons are difficult to see against the Danbo wallpaper. Thanks
    08-28-10 11:18 PM
    Very nice work again!

As soon as I'm tired of my theme boxy blue it is!

Keep it up!

Im glad you like it. Thanks. Let me know what you think after you use it a bit
    08-28-10 11:50 PM
    This looks amazing!! I've been waiting for another great pink theme to come along... I'm almost too excited to wait for a battery pull

U rock. Enjoy it thanks for the <3
    08-28-10 11:51 PM
    Amazing work! Can you change the icon screen to a plain pink and a plain blue? Thr icons are difficult to see against the Danbo wallpaper. Thanks
    Ill compromise and add some transparencies for the appscreen icons in the update. thanks for the feedback
    08-28-10 11:53 PM
    you've got another winner here!

after this and Clear H20, it seems you're becoming a minimalist-master, lol... i love how the icons get bigger when u select them, and just the overall cleanness of the theme...

no complaints on this one, I think I may have to send another few bucks your way, heheh.. I usually do all my donations in a bundle so next time I do some, this will be at the top of the list!

great job.
    08-31-10 12:40 PM
    Can this be used on a Tour 9630?
    08-31-10 12:53 PM
    One of the best minimalist themes I've seen. Love having what I need all in one place.

I like darker themes myself, and with a dark/black background it looks really nice, just having some trouble with menu backgrounds being colorful. Any way to get this changed locally? A dark/black/grey option would be awesome!

Changing fonts only changes what you can edit, any way that I'm unaware of to change the font size on menus?

Great theme, currently on my BB.

08-31-10 12:58 PM
    i love love love this theme. Installed right now and moving around my icons. So far, so good. However, I noticed that if you do keep the background for the Pink Boxy, it's hard to see the Hidden Today text.....kind of a light background with a white text.
    08-31-10 01:24 PM
    you've got another winner here!

after this and Clear H20, it seems you're becoming a minimalist-master, lol... i love how the icons get bigger when u select them, and just the overall cleanness of the theme...

no complaints on this one, I think I may have to send another few bucks your way, heheh.. I usually do all my donations in a bundle so next time I do some, this will be at the top of the list!

great job.
    Thank you so much. Im glad you like it. I am a minimalist at heart so the majority of my themes will be minimal. I appreciate the love and my son appreciates the donation very much

Can this be used on a Tour 9630?
    absolutely can be used on a Tour.....seen it with my own eyes
    08-31-10 02:31 PM
    One of the best minimalist themes I've seen. Love having what I need all in one place.

I like darker themes myself, and with a dark/black background it looks really nice, just having some trouble with menu backgrounds being colorful. Any way to get this changed locally? A dark/black/grey option would be awesome!

Changing fonts only changes what you can edit, any way that I'm unaware of to change the font size on menus?

Great theme, currently on my BB.
    One of the best minimalist themes...I AM FLATTERED and thank you SO MUCH. I will make a greyscale version because that isnt the first request for one and flattery gets you everywhere. As far as the fonts......the menus font size should change when you change the font size (OPTIONS>SCREEN/KEYBOARD)

i love love love this theme. Installed right now and moving around my icons. So far, so good. However, I noticed that if you do keep the background for the Pink Boxy, it's hard to see the Hidden Today text.....kind of a light background with a white text.
    Thanks for the love. Next update gets the today area darker. Thank you for the feedback. I love love love that you love this theme
    08-31-10 02:37 PM
    FYI crackberry......if you are using this theme and have changed your wallpaper......please please please flatter me with a screenshot. Makes all this worth it. Thank you so much
    08-31-10 02:39 PM
    What app do you use for the weather? I use weathereye but it doesn't show the temp unless I click the app

Great theme btw.
    08-31-10 04:03 PM
    how adorable *_o
    Gotta love Dando, lol
    09-01-10 12:13 AM
    I really like this theme & think you did a fantastic job & the fact that it's FREE makes all the difference! I will tell you I'm not fond of Danbo. I think if you made some plain wallpaper - background versions it would attract more people. I'm not saying that in a mean way & please don't take it wrong. I think you have incredible talent. & a really big thank you for the pink version!
    09-01-10 05:00 PM
    What app do you use for the weather? I use weathereye but it doesn't show the temp unless I click the app

Great theme btw.
    BerryWeather....makes me happy

how adorable *_o
    Gotta love Dando, lol
    Danbo is da bomb thanks for the love

I really like this theme & think you did a fantastic job & the fact that it's FREE makes all the difference! I will tell you I'm not fond of Danbo. I think if you made some plain wallpaper - background versions it would attract more people. I'm not saying that in a mean way & please don't take it wrong. I think you have incredible talent. & a really big thank you for the pink version!
    considering making a plain version per your request.....like i said earlier....flattery and all
    09-02-10 04:06 AM
    Sweet, looking forward to a darkscale version.

As far as the menu goes, I'm still having trouble changing the font. I'm talking about the blackberry button menu. Looks like I have the same font as your screenshots, regardless of which font I choose.
    09-02-10 07:56 AM
    I'm loving this theme. But there's only one thing that may drive me nuts. When I hit the BB button somewhere I see everything behind because the menu is transparent. The only way to really see when there's lots of text behind is to highlight it. I was trying to post a screenshot but apparently my photobucket app hates me lol
    This is a really nice theme and I'd definitely rock it for a long time if the menu thing wasn't transparent

Last edited by SmakBerry; 09-02-10 at 10:06 AM.
    09-02-10 10:04 AM
    Aww
    Seems the battery meter isn't very accurate either. Showing 90 when its at 75 in my status.
    Crap, I really like this theme too

09-02-10 12:28 PM
    I'm loving this theme. But there's only one thing that may drive me nuts. When I hit the BB button somewhere I see everything behind because the menu is transparent. The only way to really see when there's lots of text behind is to highlight it. I was trying to post a screenshot but apparently my photobucket app hates me lol
    This is a really nice theme and I'd definitely rock it for a long time if the menu thing wasn't transparent
    Aww
    Seems the battery meter isn't very accurate either. Showing 90 when its at 75 in my status.
    Crap, I really like this theme too
    PM me when you get a chance with what model BB youre using and Ill connect with you via email to get a screen shot so I can help. I havent heard anyone else with these issues. Ill resolve all the problems so you can enjoy loving this theme (as I want your to rock my theme ). thanks
    09-02-10 03:17 PM
    PM me when you get a chance with what model BB youre using and Ill connect with you via email to get a screen shot so I can help. I havent heard anyone else with these issues. Ill resolve all the problems so you can enjoy loving this theme (as I want your to rock my theme ). thanks
    K as soon as I get home I'll pm you... About 2 hours. Not sure how or if I can on mobile forums. battery is only out 5% now so not as bad.

Last edited by SmakBerry; 09-02-10 at 04:29 PM.
    09-02-10 04:27 PM

considering making a plain version per your request.....like i said earlier....flattery and all

Thank you!!! I'm excited now!!
    09-03-10 09:03 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD