Hi peeps
    I have a new bold 9700 v5.0.0.545 and when ever I apply a theme to the hand set I get this error
    Uncaught exception java.lang.illegalargumentexception
    It only happens when I try to click the explorer icon and it happens on all themes bar a few, could really use some advise
    thanks
    Darren
    04-27-10 03:38 PM
    It is written into the theme, you will need to find a theme that doesn't give you the error.

It is not the BB or the OS, but the theme itself.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 05:27 PM
    I've never run into this problem. I do actually think its the OS. I'm running .545 and never seen this. The way the person asked this, it seems its a lot of themes that do that. If it were a theme then it wouldn't just do it when they clicked browser but when the theme is installed.

04-28-10 02:36 PM
    Hi peeps
    I have a new bold 9700 v5.0.0.545 and when ever I apply a theme to the hand set I get this error
    Uncaught exception java.lang.illegalargumentexception
    It only happens when I try to click the explorer icon and it happens on all themes bar a few, could really use some advise
    thanks
    Darren
    I get the same thing did anyone say anything about that . I have. 9700 also I'm running os 586

06-02-10 02:43 PM
    It is written into the theme, you will need to find a theme that doesn't give you the error.

It is not the BB or the OS, but the theme itself.

Good luck!

If the theme in question worked before, and the user updated their OS and now they're receiving the error, it most definitely is an OS issue. I know themes that don't contain any SVG code whatsoever and that are built 100% to spec that suffer from this issue.

This error has been popping up with a lot of the newer OS updates, first the Tour 9630, then the Curve 8500 series, and now the Bold 9700.

I should also add that the error only occurs on some devices while others are totally unaffected with the same OS + theme.
    Last edited by hastings; 06-02-10 at 03:59 PM.
    06-02-10 02:57 PM
    I had the same issue with my new bold 9650 from sprint. running the stock os 5.0.0.621. i upgraded to .699, and problem gone.
    06-02-10 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD