Dannieloco this seems to be a great theme. I'm new to the blackberry world...it's my 1st. At first I downloaded Weatherbug, but it wasn't showing with the animation. I deleted it and downloaded Berryweather...this seems to be working for me. These may be a silly questions, but I was wondering if someone could help me out.
    1 - Is there an easier way to download themes or how others do it? I had to type in this address on my Blackberry 9700 and it took me a while to finish everything;
    2 - How can I tell the difference betweem a text msg and email? The icons are the same (at least I think they are); and
    3 - How do I take screen shots and post them here...if needed?
    As much help as possible is appreciated. Thanks.
    04-28-10 09:59 PM
    Dannieloco this seems to be a great theme. I'm new to the blackberry world...it's my 1st. At first I downloaded Weatherbug, but it wasn't showing with the animation. I deleted it and downloaded Berryweather...this seems to be working for me. These may be a silly questions, but I was wondering if someone could help me out.
    1 - Is there an easier way to download themes or how others do it? I had to type in this address on my Blackberry 9700 and it took me a while to finish everything;
    2 - How can I tell the difference betweem a text msg and email? The icons are the same (at least I think they are); and
    3 - How do I take screen shots and post them here...if needed?
    As much help as possible is appreciated. Thanks.
    1: you use your blackberry Browser to click the OTA link.. or you can email yourself the link so that it goes to your phone
    2:Icons for text messaging and email use two different icons. Each have their own. Theyre both placed inside different folders too. The txt messages go to SMS/MMS while your emails go to MESSAGES folder.
    3: To take screenshotts you have to download apps.. a useful one is zonasnap or captureit. Theyre both free to install. Then just upload them to a website like flickr and link the threads to it..
    05-01-10 07:41 AM
    This theme is great! Would love a permanent today version with just Calendar and no Messages so that you could see more Calendar entries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-10-10 11:35 AM
    This theme is great! Would love a permanent today version with just Calendar and no Messages so that you could see more Calendar entries.

ooooooooo +1!!!

And maybe a few more icons?
    05-10-10 06:48 PM
    Hey, I don't think ill be able to provide a today version with just calendar. I have to maintain many themes already and its very time consuming. Sorry if the calendar and messages version isn't right for you

05-10-10 06:52 PM
    No worries thanks for considering the new version.

05-11-10 07:11 AM
    ooooooooo +1!!!

And maybe a few more icons?
    Have you considered trying out quicklaunch? It allows you to open programs at the click of a button. No more needing to have many icons on the homescreen allowing you to show off your wallpaper more... QL has many extra features and this theme is capable of working along with it by pressing spacebar from the homescreen.
    05-11-10 09:49 AM
    Yes quicklaunch is great. I use it with your theme and it works perfect.
    05-11-10 02:28 PM
    the hidden today does not work on my 9700 running .330

deleted, downloaded again, twice. still no show.

tried this with my friend's 9700 running .593, and it works. SMS and Calendar show hidden today preview.

understand some users saw same problems with hidden today functions.

Is this OS related?

like the theme very much but need to have the hidden today function works properly. dont tell me i have to upgrade the os to make this work?

great theme by the way.
    05-14-10 12:35 PM
    the hidden today does not work on my 9700 running .330

deleted, downloaded again, twice. still no show.

tried this with my friend's 9700 running .593, and it works. SMS and Calendar show hidden today preview.

understand some users saw same problems with hidden today functions.

Is this OS related?

like the theme very much but need to have the hidden today function works properly. dont tell me i have to upgrade the os to make this work?

great theme by the way.

have you tried to reboot? It should work.. i havent heard of people having issues.. and if there is an issue, i would think it's OS related since people havent complained about the issue before..
    05-14-10 04:20 PM
    have you tried to reboot? It should work.. i havent heard of people having issues.. and if there is an issue, i would think it's OS related since people havent complained about the issue before..

Yes, reboot twice. Still no show. Everything else works fine.

If I switch to another theme, the red highlighter and some icons won't go away, ie they show up (in the standard precision zen theme, for example). Have to reboot again to eliminate the 'hangover' effect. Strange.

In terms of hidden today preview, other users have similar problems - post 69, 71, and 72.

Tried this with my friend's 9700 running .405 -- same problem as reported in post 69. I downloaded Serenity (superb theme as well) into the same unit. Same thing.

Downloaded into my wife's 9700 running .442. Same issue - no hidden today preview at all.

Must be OS related then? It works perfectly with .593.

Looks like i have to upgrade my software before I can enjoy the full feature of this excellent theme.
    05-14-10 11:12 PM
    Hi

Absolutly fantastic theme!

I think this one is a keeper, few questions please:

1) Is there a way to see the weather icon on the top right corner with degrees like here:

I see it like this, with degrees only (no description, i.e. "scattered clouds" for some reason) -

<<using weatherbug, preinstalled, not via the link in the thread>>

2) Is there a way to show missed calls / SMS / MMS as preview as well, once hovering over the relevant icon?
    Last edited by ofird; 05-22-10 at 12:15 PM.
    05-22-10 12:12 PM
    I love this theme!

Quick question however...I find with this theme and any other ones I've downloaded for the 9700 that whenever I hover over the SMS icon, the last 5 or so msgs show up on the home screen.

On my 8900 only the unread messages would show up, is there a setting to achieve this or is it how all the themes are designed now?

Thanks!
    05-23-10 03:22 AM
    That is totally dependent on what os you're running. Some os's don't shiow sms messages and some do. I don't think there's a way to turn on or off that feature.

05-23-10 10:18 AM
    That is totally dependent on what os you're running. Some os's don't shiow sms messages and some do. I don't think there's a way to turn on or off that feature.

Oh! So it has nothing to do with the themes themselves. That makes sense, as my 9700 is running the new 5.0 OS and all of the themes I've tried show read sms messages.

That's too bad, I liked it when it only displayed unread ones.

Thanks for the reply.
    05-23-10 11:11 AM

Here is your great theme with a girlie touch. (just the wallpaper) I love this!!!
    Thanks so much!
    05-24-10 12:13 PM
    Love the themes!!! thank you very much! keep up the great work!
    05-25-10 04:07 AM
    anyone know how to set up that sms messege show up in the messege section as preview on the home screen for NON HIDDEN version? thanks
    Last edited by doraem0n; 05-26-10 at 03:13 AM.
    05-26-10 03:06 AM
    Do u have ur sms/mms & emails going into seperate folders or the same one?

anyone know how to set up that sms messege show up in the messege section as preview on the home screen for NON HIDDEN version? thanks
    05-30-10 08:21 AM
    love the way the theme works but every time i go to my intenet icon and try to use it i get "Uncaught Exception java.lang.error " am i the only one???????
    06-03-10 12:51 PM
    The way to get rid of that uncaught exception is to reload a backup back to your phone after u upgrade OS's. Technically you should do a full backup of your phone using DM, then load OS's, then reload your backup... Doing this you won't get uncaught exceptions.

06-03-10 01:13 PM
    dannieloco,

Thanks for the wonderful theme. Keep comming back to the non-hidden today version all the time. Its probably one of the best/smoothest themes I have used in a while.
    Small request.. on the Phone screen, if you have a picture for a contact, the dialed number overlaps with my number display and the new mail notifications
    Appreciate if you can fix this (move My number: just above the bottom dock) and the dialed number down a few pixels to accomodate status bar notifications (new mail, calendar, fb..)

Thanks
    06-13-10 06:50 AM
    I can't seem to find the manage connection page on the BB menu ..

06-14-10 06:39 AM
    dannieloco,

Thanks for the wonderful theme. Keep comming back to the non-hidden today version all the time. Its probably one of the best/smoothest themes I have used in a while.
    Small request.. on the Phone screen, if you have a picture for a contact, the dialed number overlaps with my number display and the new mail notifications
    Appreciate if you can fix this (move My number: just above the bottom dock) and the dialed number down a few pixels to accomodate status bar notifications (new mail, calendar, fb..)

Thanks
    Ok I can look into this. Give me a couple days..

For those interested.. Sex On The Beach theme has been updated to OS 5.0 and 9700 Compatibility.. find that summer theme on the link in my signature.
    06-16-10 11:14 PM
    Hi there....thank you for a great theme.....i just have one question though. I downoaded the "OTA LINK - BlackberryBliss v1.7 with Weather + Hidden Today Screen - 5 Entries" and the theme installed perfectly but there is no weather app in any folder and the weather icon does not appear on the today screen....any clue as to what's happening?
    06-17-10 02:53 AM
361 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD