What is the best theme for the 9700 Bold & WHY is it better than others? Please post pics or links...

I happen to like the Precision T-mobile theme. I just changed the wallpaper to something a little darker. I find I like it because it's simple, yet effective. It has the top 5 apps I use right on the front, the time & date are easily readable, the signal status is easy to see, and it's not crowded with a bunch of junk I don't need.

I don't know how to do a screenshot yet, as I am still fairly new to the BB...
    01-19-10 07:18 AM
    I'm really digging on Poynt right now. Has yellow pages, reverse lookups, movies and restaurants in my area, and weather all rolled into one.
    01-19-10 07:19 AM
    Poynt is an app...not a theme...
    01-19-10 07:34 AM
    one of my themes
    01-19-10 07:35 AM
    There are many good themes. The one I use is "free stock" by greystealth. It is the default Zen theme with only 2 additions - transitions (new to OS5) and an added weather slot in the upper right corner. This theme is also very wallpaper friendly. That is all I need to be productive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 07:41 AM
    i personally use sPhone for the 8900 or the Windows 7 theme.

why do i like em - because i do .

01-19-10 07:42 AM
    I downloaded the ONYXia Version 2 theme yesterday and am in love with it.

I like that it has a lot of icons on the main page without being crowded, I very rarely have to use my menu button now. The weather is displayed in the top bar at the center.

Everything is very clear and font is easy to read. And I find it very slick looking!

The owner seems to constantly fix it and makes it better. He does an awesome job!

01-19-10 08:11 AM
    What is the best theme for the 9700 Bold & WHY is it better than others? Please post pics or links...

I happen to like the Precision T-mobile theme. I just changed the wallpaper to something a little darker. I find I like it because it's simple, yet effective. It has the top 5 apps I use right on the front, the time & date are easily readable, the signal status is easy to see, and it's not crowded with a bunch of junk I don't need.

I don't know how to do a screenshot yet, as I am still fairly new to the BB...
    The best theme really depends on what you look for in one, I try to make my themes for performance and functionality as opposed to flashy crap that is better in screen shots than on your BB
    01-19-10 08:14 AM
    Section8 by nitewalker & 3G by redzapper....

Top banner has buttons (clickable clock, battery, signal etc) that open several other functions, makes the homescreen very functional and looks & neat.

BeDroid is a really nice theme as well. Smooth and very complete theme
    01-19-10 10:21 AM
    ReverieD

Hands down.
    01-19-10 10:34 AM
    Any of the foppa themes. Currently using foppa7. Gives you 8 small icons at bottom and clock. Also has two slots on each side @ the top that I use for berryweather and meterberry. Its nothing fancy but its organized and it shows me everything I use the most on the homescreen so I can get to it in one click.

01-19-10 10:55 AM
    I like themes that are unique and user friendly, or where the thememaker has gone an extra mile to do custom icons. On my BB right now (not in order of merit):

1. Onyxia 2 (loads of icons, clean and functional). I like Onyxia 3 but it's a bit too laggy for me.
    2. Blackberrybliss. Cool custom icons, transitions, the works. Excellent theme, loads of effort.
    3. 3G9700. All time fave. Easy to use, great looking.
    4. CB2. Different concept yet very functional. Works well w a dark wallpaper.
    5. Blackleather. Simple but nice looking with silver icons
    6. Boundless. Another good looking theme.
    01-19-10 11:04 AM
    Section8 is my current fav simply for the usability it gives. Onyxia, or anything from Foppa or Redzapper are right there also. The one thing they all have in common imho they take the current os and make it very user friendly. Oh, I almost forgot Natemz. His Pro 4V kicks a##.

Last edited by element526; 01-19-10 at 01:08 PM.
    01-19-10 11:12 AM
    There are many good themes. The one I use is "free stock" by greystealth. It is the default Zen theme with only 2 additions - transitions (new to OS5) and an added weather slot in the upper right corner. This theme is also very wallpaper friendly. That is all I need to be productive.

i also use the stock version by greystealth, only without transitions. I like the stock look but with the added weather slot in the corner and hidden today...IMO that theme should come standard out of the box! I also like section8 but cant really use it due to software version keeps batterymeter and weather icon from updating but it has everything you need on the homescreen, really no need for a icon screen with that one!
    01-19-10 06:40 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/pr...ersion-404394/

Why? Because it is a "blank" theme, with a hidden dock & two extra icons (one that is hidden when not focused on & one that can be hidden by a keyboard shortcut) on the homescreen. This theme is good for anyone that wants functionality & the ability to show off their wallpapers.

01-19-10 08:38 PM
    Wow I really thought I was going to find some info about the iberry theme or the miphone theme. I was really thinking about getting one of those themes. But I am really liking the CB theme the one by Zman you can find it here FREE CrackBerry.com Berry Holiday 2 Theme Now Available! Awesome Theme Looks Great on Your BlackBerry Year Round | CrackBerry.com I love it! But I really want to make my own. I use to make icons on objectdock for the PC if any of you know what that is. If you know how I can use those icons and transfer it into an icon on the bb that would be awesome. I have the bb theme maker. I don't know.

-Dulce
    01-19-10 11:25 PM
    Modern warfare two is the best theme it is very has every thing you need weather calander and to top it off it looks awesome even with my own wallpaper the aimpoint that highlights the apps is the best. I used to change themes about once a week but ever since this one came out I've been using it. Its been about two months. I look everyday for sompthing new that I like more but nope no one seems to make anything anymore that is new and different. BAM!!! Challenge!!!

01-19-10 11:46 PM
    I like the L theme customized for me by greystealth with hidden today.
    01-20-10 03:02 PM
    I downloaded the ONYXia Version 2 theme yesterday and am in love with it.

I like that it has a lot of icons on the main page without being crowded, I very rarely have to use my menu button now. The weather is displayed in the top bar at the center.

Everything is very clear and font is easy to read. And I find it very slick looking!

The owner seems to constantly fix it and makes it better. He does an awesome job!

*Thank you* for mentioning this theme. I looked it up and tried it, and love it. The fact that he crammed in so much onto the screen and yet kept it clean and logically laid out is impressive.
    01-20-10 04:46 PM

Boundless by ninjathemes.

I wouldn't say it's the best theme; but it's the one I like best currently for the following reasons:

1. Nice and elegant layout--icons are smaller, but not tiny. Decent sized clock on homescreen
    2. Has hidden today (essential)
    3. Weather slot (not absolutely essential, but preferred)
    4. It runs smoothly (essential).
    5. Looks good with most wallpapers.

And probably a couple other things that I'm forgetting.
    Last edited by zaqer; 01-21-10 at 01:28 AM.
    01-20-10 10:53 PM
    Reverie D by dagobah30

- Runs smoothly
    - Light (under 200k)
    - Optimal view of your wallpapers
    - Works great with QuickLaunch. I dont need any shortcut on my home screen.
    01-20-10 11:50 PM

Boundless by ninjathemes.

I wouldn't say it's the best theme; but it's the one I like best currently for the following reasons:

1. Nice and elegant layout--icons are smaller, but not tiny. Decent sized clock on homescreen
    2. Has hidden today (essential)
    3. Weather slot (not absolutely essential, but preferred)
    4. It runs smoothly (essential).
    5. Looks good with most wallpapers.

And probably a couple other things that I'm forgetting.
    Sorry Zager, but where did you get that wallpaper? It looks incredible!
    01-24-10 02:28 PM
    My vote goes to Smoked View HTW by imdabold1. Pictured below.

1. Nice smokey, dark yet translucent color
    2. Hidden today
    3. Spacebar launches SMS/MMS-This was done at my request since the new version of QL allows you to select your shortcut key. The spacebar lauches QL on his posted link.
    4. $ launches music
    5. Hidden dock, so very wallpaper friendly
    6. Weather slot
    7. Love the transitions
    8. Very fast, smooth and functional.

With dock hidden:

Edit: I have to include the following in my favorites rotation:
    1. 8 Icon Hidden today-Scoot05redss-Super functional
    2. Foppa 14 custom icons-I would really love this one if the icons were a tad smaller.
    Last edited by Iluvbb; 02-02-10 at 11:30 AM.
    01-26-10 10:05 AM
    Section 8
    Reflect7 Carbon
    BeDroid

These are my favorites so far on my Bold 9700, in order. The first two are very close, having a tough time deciding which one I like better.
    01-26-10 11:19 AM
    My vote goes to Smoked View HTW by imdabold1.

1. Nice smokey, dark yet translucent color
    2. Hidden today
    3. Spacebar launches SMS/MMS-This was done at my request since the new version of QL allows you to select your shortcut key. The spacebar lauches QL on his posted link.
    4. $ launches music
    5. Hidden dock, so very wallpaper friendly
    6. Weather slot
    7. Love the transitions
    8. Very fast, smooth and functional.

**I also love the "Section 8 today theme" very nice.

With dock hidden:

Is this theme pictured Section 8 or the Smoked View HWT you referenced? Also, any idea what that wallpaper is that you're using here? Share?

Nice stuff!!!!
    01-26-10 02:54 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD