If I am to use the new gmail plugin, I need to keep my mailboxes seperate and hide the main mailbox since when archiving messages in the gmail folder, they still appear in the main mailbox folder.

Are there today themes that show the unread email on the homescreen for the individual gmail folder. It seems that any theme that I found that shows messages on the today screen, always looks to the main message folder. This would be a problem, since the main message folder is useless with the gmail plugin. I also want to be able to select the message on the today screen and open the individual gmail folder.

I'm pretty new to blackberry's and continue to try out my 9700 vs iphone 3gs.

Thanks
    11-22-09 11:09 PM
    All you have to do is the following

in Any message box, go to Options --> General Options --> SMS and Email inboxes --> select "Separate"

This will separate all the email boxes you have, and then you can hide the main one if you like.
    11-23-09 06:05 AM
    I'm using OS 5.0 with my 8900 and I also use the gmail plugin. Generally, I like the plugin, but it doesn't seem to completely integrate with the main message folder. I don't think you can get it to do all of what you want.

You can get just the Gmail messages to show up on the homescreen by going into mail options and choosing which mail accounts show up in the main message inbox. This is a new function specific to OS 5. But, if you click on a message from the homescreen you will be directed to the main message inbox, not the Gmail inbox. I haven't found a way around this. I've been directing my Gmail messages to the main inbox, but also keeping the individual mailbox icon on my homescreen so I can see the message preview, but then go into the Gmail inbox to read it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 06:49 AM
    I'm using OS 5.0 with my 8900 and I also use the gmail plugin. Generally, I like the plugin, but it doesn't seem to completely integrate with the main message folder. I don't think you can get it to do all of what you want.

You can get just the Gmail messages to show up on the homescreen by going into mail options and choosing which mail accounts show up in the main message inbox. This is a new function specific to OS 5. But, if you click on a message from the homescreen you will be directed to the main message inbox, not the Gmail inbox. I haven't found a way around this. I've been directing my Gmail messages to the main inbox, but also keeping the individual mailbox icon on my homescreen so I can see the message preview, but then go into the Gmail inbox to read it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for the suggestions. I know that when you archive from the main gmail inbox the messge remains in the main message inbox. Will this message still show up on the homescreen since the today screens are looking at the main message folder?
    11-23-09 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD