Hi I'm on my 4th 9700 since upgrading in December. I was getting app error 323 and Orange just kept sending me replacement phones. The only 3rd apps I installed were google mail & sync, Opera Mini 5 beta 2, and a RIM bb dimension today theme.

I keep getting app error 323 and have since discovered from the ever helpful forum that themes can nuke your BB with this error code.

My second 9700 crashed when I inputted an appointment into the calendar, so there's definitely something related there.

So now my BB is alive again, is there a today theme without known issues I can d/l ? I really miss seeing my calendar appointments in advance. I'm not bothered about fancy icons, backgrounds etc, just having my calendar show up on the home screen.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    02-21-10 07:16 AM
    If you are so sure it's a theme issue... why don't you delete all the themes, and just use the one of default theme shipped with the device... that and learn how to wipe your device and reload your OS... I prefer CrackMem... it wipes your device completely clean and loads a clean OS on your device... then you can use Desktop Manager (DM) to reload your personal data and settings... this might save you from sending it back again and getting a new device when you don't actually need one.
    02-21-10 01:10 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I did a security wipe and when I connected back to DM it didn't recognise device then prompted to update software which I clicked on - then said no update needed.

All was fine until I tried to change to today theme that comes with the device - options, home screen preferences... then it froze and after it tried to re-boot itself several times I got the app 323 error and white screen of death.

Do you know if the today themes you buy on here are 'clean' ? Is it worth risking?
    Last edited by Siance; 02-21-10 at 02:06 PM. Reason: typo
    02-21-10 02:06 PM
    How did you do a "security wipe"??? On the device itself, or through CrackMem like I suggested??? They are NOT the same thing.

Second, personally I don't use anyones themes... I create my own... no risk... they work... but I can't say that for anyone else's themes. Most are not an issue and most people know what they are doing creating themes, but I don't use any except my own, so I can not speak to someone else's themes.
    02-21-10 02:46 PM
    I wiped it yesterday through the device; didn't know about CrackMem til you mentioned it. But thanks for the info.

Sadly I don't think creating my own Today theme is an option for me
    02-21-10 03:42 PM
    What OS are you on?
    02-21-10 03:44 PM
    v5.0.0.351
    02-21-10 03:54 PM
    Have you tried .442? it runs rock solid on my 9700
    02-21-10 04:01 PM
    Handheld wipe of the device does not completely wipe your device... it just wipes the personal settings and personal data... CrackMem or BBSAK, when you click Wipe, it completely Wipes the device... I have not used BBSAK, but I know it can has that option... CrackMem will not only wipe the device, but it loads the OS version you have selected like it came from the factory that way. Then you just need to reload your data and apps.
    02-21-10 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD