I can't log onto Msn messenger, getting this "Connection Error (65), Error receiving data from server" when i attempt to log on

note: i just recently changed phones fom a curve 8320 to the bold 9700, i could log on without any problems,

thanks!
    12-29-09 07:26 PM
    try deleting your msn service books and resending your service books
    12-29-09 07:27 PM
    ok but how do i resend the service books?
    12-29-09 07:36 PM
    i just re-sent the service b ooksthem still the same, no luck same error message
    12-29-09 08:01 PM
    This issue has already been discussed and there is a reliable (IMHO) workaround solution.

Here is what other have suggested. I followed and it worked perfect.

1. Delete all service books having the word "WLM".
    2. Uninstall your current WLM app.
    3. DL and install WLM app again. The current one is 2.5.31. I found that 2.5.30 also works.
    4. Once you launch WLM and sign in, it should work.

I see that you use TMO so you should only see WLM 2.1 [KEYNEGO], WLM 2.1 [BBIM], WLM 2.1 BBIMConfig] in your service book for thing related to WLM.

Good luck ;-)
    Last edited by doxa sub750T; 12-29-09 at 09:02 PM.
    12-29-09 08:57 PM
    ok, so i tried that as well, however for what its worth im actually on rogers not t-mobile. and i only saw that there were 2 service books with 'WLM' in it, WLM 2.1[BBIM] and WLM 2.1 BBMConfig, i seen others with the words window live messenger in it but i didnt delete those , not sure if this matters or not, either way it didnt work, same error messages im getting
    12-29-09 09:42 PM
    ok, so i tried that as well, however for what its worth im actually on rogers not t-mobile. and i only saw that there were 2 service books with 'WLM' in it, WLM 2.1[BBIM] and WLM 2.1 BBMConfig, i seen others with the words window live messenger in it but i didnt delete those , not sure if this matters or not, either way it didnt work, same error messages im getting
    If I am in your position, I would redo the whole process again. The main thing is to firstly delete all your service books with "WLM" words, uninstall and reintall. I believe that it is important that you get ride of all of "WLM" words in service book before uninstall and reinstall.

I would follow noaim by perform service book resending before you restart your WLM. I hope that this will work for you. By no mean, I am not expert in this, but I did follow this process and it worked for me. Your problem could be different based on WLM version as well as your carrier.

BTW, which version of WLM you reinstall on your device.
    Last edited by doxa sub750T; 12-29-09 at 10:16 PM.
    12-29-09 09:59 PM
    This issue has already been discussed and there is a reliable (IMHO) workaround solution.

Here is what other have suggested. I followed and it worked perfect.

1. Delete all service books having the word "WLM".
    2. Uninstall your current WLM app.
    3. DL and install WLM app again. The current one is 2.5.31. I found that 2.5.30 also works.
    4. Once you launch WLM and sign in, it should work.

I see that you use TMO so you should only see WLM 2.1 [KEYNEGO], WLM 2.1 [BBIM], WLM 2.1 BBIMConfig] in your service book for thing related to WLM.

Good luck ;-)
    I had the same problem as the op, and I did the process above and it worked!! Thanks!
    12-29-09 11:57 PM
    ok, so in that to do list i dont see where/when you're supposed to re-send the service books?
    12-30-09 02:32 PM
    I had the same problem as the op, and I did the process above and it worked!! Thanks!
    I am glad that it worked out for you. Have fun ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 02:46 PM
    ok, so in that to do list i dont see where/when you're supposed to re-send the service books?
    I hope noaim can clarify how to do it as I only know how to resend service book from device only for e-mail. You might try to login to your number account from PC and see if there is option to resend service book for everything. Normally, once you reboot your device all of service books related to your service should be pushed automatically to your device!

I am quite sure that your problem is about having wrong WLM service book specific to WLM version you are trying to use. Are you sure you delete all "WLM" from service book deleting WLM app from your BB?

12-30-09 02:52 PM
    ok i finally got it to work, i deleted basically any service book with either WLM or Windows Live, then uninstalled WLM app, then i re-sent the service books, then lastly i re-installed the WLM app and bingo it works!

thanks for all the help

cheers!
    12-30-09 02:55 PM
    Kewl, I am glad it worked out for ya ;-).

Cheers

12-30-09 02:57 PM
    Great, I was facing such problem but with error 909 and 907, I've deleted WLM from service book and I also removed MSN app from my BB and reinstalled it again and it works with me nice and easy, thanks a lot.
    02-09-10 12:13 PM
    The following worked for me :-

1. I deleted basically any service book with either WLM or Windows Live.
    2. I registered my BB on the network again (Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/Register Now), this action sent the service books again.
    3. I launched the application and it worked without unistall and reinstall.

Hope this wwill help others and many thanks for the TIP in the first place.
    02-15-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD