Is there any way to type one handed? Specifically, I know I can hold the letter down and the letter will capitalize, but can one handed typing be done for alternate keys, meaning a way to type a number without using a second hand to type the "alt" key?
    11-30-09 06:42 PM
    you just have to hit the alt key, then type the number. You dont have to hold it down.

Im a one handed typer. Only have use of one thumb so I really have no choice lol. No issues typing
    11-30-09 06:47 PM
    I am a one handed typer as well. I use my right thumb only. I reach over hit the alt & then type the number as the poster before me described.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 07:14 PM
    thanks. i'll try it.
    11-30-09 07:37 PM
    I do it all the time. I'm left handed but use my right thumb.
    11-30-09 07:54 PM
    I just figured out too...that to type more than 1 number hit alt then the left shift! Lol. I always thought you had to hold both together. Pretty cool for 1 handers!

11-30-09 09:27 PM
    I just figured out too...that to type more than 1 number hit alt then the left shift! Lol. I always thought you had to hold both together. Pretty cool for 1 handers!

That is a great tip! I noticed it is a pain to type multiple symbols such as "!!!" at the end of a sentence. I just tried your trick and even thought it says "123" at the top indicating numeric mode it actually works for all the symbols too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I just hit alt then left shift and BBB to get "!!!" That is a lot easier than alt,b,alt,b,alt,b.

Everyday I get on this site and learn something new. I hope this is useful to others too!
    11-30-09 09:52 PM
    Alt + left shift is fn lock.
    Alt + right shift is shift lock.

You are also forgetting you can program autotxt as well. Just program "bbb" then hit space to change it to "!!!"

11-30-09 10:04 PM
    I am glad to see so many one handed typers, I was worried that with the shape of the keys I would have to teach myself to use both hands.

As if changing my mindset from WM way of doing things to BB way was not traumatic enough.
    12-01-09 03:30 PM
    I am glad to see so many one handed typers, I was worried that with the shape of the keys I would have to teach myself to use both hands.

As if changing my mindset from WM way of doing things to BB way was not traumatic enough.
    I was really worried. I had a storm and suretype was a pure blessing. I could fly on that keyboard. Im not as quick with my bold, but its not bad at all. Before I bought the bold I made a few trips to the Bell store to play with a demo and the tour to make sure I could do it.
    12-01-09 03:33 PM

thanks a buttload! great tip!
    12-01-09 04:04 PM
    Nice, good to know
    12-01-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD