02-27-17 05:44 AM
67 123
tools
    I did the air thing, wiggled the jack, battery out, all the normal. Then I took mine and laid it on its side and beat it on the table. I feel like its a problem with the switch inside the headphone jack getting stuck. So I UNSTUCK IT. When all else fails hit it harder.
    06-28-11 10:25 AM
    Q-tip, remove some of the excess cotton, wet with rubbing alcohol, clean, repeat as needed. A new headphone jack isn't too expensive either. I ended up replacing mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 02:01 PM
    Or you could invest in a bluetooth headset, or a warranty exchange. Or have the headset jack removed entirely, or replace it.

06-28-11 09:09 PM
    I fixed mine!!! So when you look inside the phone jack port, right near the entrance there is a gold tab. Take a pin and pull it up a bit. Keep lifting this tab until it comes up a bit. The phone should start working normally again. This is the faulty equipment piece that causes the error. Smh....something so small causes so many problems.
    08-02-11 10:04 AM
    I had this same problem, fiddling with the headset jack didn't fix it permanently, in the end I wiped it, reloaded the firmware and 6 months later its never been a problem and I use earphones regularly. Very bizarre.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    08-02-11 11:43 AM
    none of this has helped me..

at times it doesnt happen and at times it randomly starts again.. reinstalled the OS but did not help.. what else could be the solution (other than the ones listed in this thread)

i have a blackberry 8900
    08-07-11 11:45 AM
    I don't know that now whether you need help in 2011 year before Christmas eve,but I still recommend one that i think it worth,Genuine iPod PC/Computer/Stereo Headphones Headset,i consider it ok!more info you can search china wholesale supplier vkamobi.
    08-31-11 04:49 AM
    none of this has helped me..

at times it doesnt happen and at times it randomly starts again.. reinstalled the OS but did not help.. what else could be the solution (other than the ones listed in this thread)

i have a blackberry 8900
    Repair shop could replace the part or a warranty exchange.

08-31-11 04:53 AM
    Repair shop could replace the part or a warranty exchange.

which part would need to be repaired/replaced?
    09-03-11 01:27 PM
    which part would need to be repaired/replaced?
    Headset jack. Where the headphones/headset plug into.

09-03-11 02:45 PM
    I've had this happen to me twice in a year and a half. Both times I inserted and removed the plug while twisting it a number of times. Then blow compressed air in the jack to remove any dirt/lint. Problem solved both times. I carry my phone in my pocket and just assume dirt gets in there.
    09-05-11 08:37 PM
    hah...thinks for all answers,my Bluetooth Handsfree Headset for PC/Laptop (6-Hour Talk/120-Hour Standby) also had some problem, now it work well as usual ...
    09-06-11 04:19 AM
    Had the same problem, fixed it with a sewing needle. The little goldtab in the opening, pull it towards the middle of the jack opening and then there is 2 small goldtabs further in, I pooked at them a little too and now it works perfect! I'm never using headphones again...
    Just like Isaac671 said...
    11-01-11 07:18 AM
    Hi All.
    Say let's come to 2017, I'm having same issue with my BB classic latest 10.3.3 update.
    This has rendered my phone useless for calls. It toggles between Headset-Ext_Speaker-Internal_Speaker; even when no headset is connected. I have tried the tips here without success.
    The phone is way off waranty.

Any help is appreciated.

Rgds

Tony.
    Last edited by tonyblu; 02-27-17 at 05:34 AM.
    02-27-17 03:23 AM
    Hi All.
    Say let's come to 2017, I'm having same issue with my BB classic latest 10.3.3 update.
    This has rendered my phone useful for calls. It toggles between Headset-Ext_Speaker-Internal_Speaker; even when no headset is connected. I have tried the tips here without success.
    The phone is way off waranty.

Any help is appreciated.

Rgds

Tony.
    Seems you did not try inserting and removing the headset quickly. If you pulled it out, or yanked it out, or had it snagged out at an angle, the contacts are basically bent. Yes, bent pins. You could send it to BlackBerry and have them repair or replace the headset port, but it will be at your own expense.
    02-27-17 04:07 AM
    Thanks @Rootbrian.
    02-27-17 05:37 AM
    Hi All.
    Tony.
    I just googled BB classic headset port/module and saw that it's a detachable sub-unit and can be replaced easily without hurting the mother-board.
    Seems like BB has earned some 'brain', bcx the charging port is also detachable (got mine replaced in Dec-2016).
    Will get this headset replaced next weekend.
    Nice.
    02-27-17 05:44 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD